Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minor League Game Thread for Thursday, April 13, 2023

Re: Minor League Game Thread for Thursday, April 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Hides the ball well. Hard to pick it up. That, control, and tunnelling make him tough to hit.

That said, no one is as good as Abbott is currently. He's in a hot streak that's unsustainable.
    I noticed that Abbott was getting a lot swings and misses on his high FB that were 94. I wondered if that would hold up at the MLB level. I concluded that the ball must be hard for the batters to pick up. He seems to hide the ball well and deliver it with a whip like action. The ball may be on the hitter faster than expected.

2. Likes:

texasdave (04-14-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I have no idea whether Abbott's stuff will play at the major league level or not, but I'm loving it. It's hard for me to understand why people want to ding prospects all the time. Just enjoy what they're doing.

DAYTONA 5-1 L1 6:35 PM EDT - Daytona fell from the unbeaten ranks tonight. But, with the way they hit the ball, there are bound to be a lot more ups than downs. Johanthan Harmon (4.91) is toeing the rubber for the Shelled Ones. He was not very effective his first time out, although he managed to strike out 6 in 32 innings. Harmon is a long drink of water at 6'5',195 out of Louisiana. He was freshan All-American at Northwestern State in Natchitoches.

DAYTONA - In the top of the first, Johnathan Harmon was a hot knife, and Palm Beach was butter. 3 Ks.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    DAYTONA - In the top of the first, Johnathan Harmon was a hot knife, and Palm Beach was butter. 3 Ks.
    Wrong thread??
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Wrong thread??
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Eye popping numbers for Abbott.
    Abbott needs to be in the Reds rotation by the TDL (if not sooner). Tonight's starter for the big club is occupying a rotation spot that should be his.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    No. 5 prospect Matt McLain shows off his power and speed on this game-tying, inside-the-park homer for the Louisville Bats.

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/stat...76243759386624
    Once EDLC returns, McClain needs to start transitioning to the OF (at least on a part-time basis).

Aristocratic Hoosier

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I don't buy this at all.

AA hitters see fantastic sliders-- better, I suspect, than those at the major league level.

They just don't see them as consistently.

Abbott's not likely getting friendly calls from umps either.

I'm not saying he's destined to be an ace; that's not how AA works.

But what he is doing is real.
    So if I had typed in, everybody in Double-A throws a big-league slider that they seldom use when they get to the majors, would you have disagreed with me? Clearly I am in over my head with this but if you are the minor league evaluator par excellence, I will yield. I actually watch these games. He's getting friendly calls at the top of the zone.

I have no idea why you think i don't know how AA works.
    Quantum computing promises to be a revolutionary tool, making short work of equations that classical computers would struggle to ever complete. Yet the workhorse of the quantum device, known as a qubit, is a delicate object prone to collapsing.

Turn Off Ads?