Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 4-20-23 Reds @ Pirates 6:35 PM

Re: 4-20-23 Reds @ Pirates 6:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    2 hours 9 minutes in front of just over 10,000 brave souls.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    2 hours 9 minutes in front of just over 10,000 brave souls.
    At least the new rules have decreased fan suffering time. They've been shut out two of the last three games, and scored a total of 3 runs

I will say this though - they had a pretty tough run here in April IMO. I just don't see this '23 team having the horses it needs.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    At least the new rules have decreased fan suffering time. They've been shut out two of the last three games, and scored a total of 3 runs

I will say this though - they had a pretty tough run here in April IMO. I just don't see this '23 team having the horses it needs.
    I didn't even know they were playing last night. I thought it was an off day until I came into RZ just check the news. That's how out of tune I have became.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Pirates' Catcher's Dramatic Flop Tricks Umpire Into Making Batter Interference Call

The Pirates had a 4-0 lead in the sixth when Jonathan India singled to start a rally.

Since it's the Reds, things did not work out. On the very next batter the Pirates pulled off a rare strike 'em out, flop 'em out double play.

Starting pitcher Roansy Contrares struck out TJ Friedl and catcher Austin Hedges sailed one into the outfield trying to throw out India who was trying to steal second.

Hedges must have known he'd made a bad throw so he immediately flopped despite the fact that he hadn't made contact with Friedl. The umpire bought it.

I don't want to blame this all on the NBA, but Hedges does kind of look like Manu Ginobili in catcher's gear on this play. This probably isn't the first time we've seen a catcher sell contact, but it has to be the most exaggerated example. Congrats to Hedges for being an innovator.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ll/ar-AA1a9ohL

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Pirates' Catcher's Dramatic Flop Tricks Umpire Into Making Batter Interference Call

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ll/ar-AA1a9ohL

Austin Hedges draws the batter’s interference call and Jonathan India is ruled out at 2nd.

Watch Here:
    https://twitter.com/MLB_CS/status/16...p-interference

Reds lose after giving up 4 runs in first inning...shocking...sigh

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?