Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Name That Classic Rock Song (Fun Music Thread)

Re: Name That Classic Rock Song (Fun Music Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    44 is Waterloo by ABBA. No idea on 45.

Jeff Lynne-- musical genius, artistic savant, one of the truly good guys of his profession. Never heard a bad thing about the dude. Masterpiece after masterpiece . The Bob Ross of Rock .

For those who think Jeff Lynne was done after the 70's, you have another thing coming. Here's Lynne and his ELO doing Turn to Stone some three decades later. Like fine wine...

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 05-19-2023 at 11:11 AM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-19-2023),marcshoe (05-21-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I should have got the ELO one. I had a couple of their albums back then and listened to them a lot. I watched a concert by them on, I think, Showtime a couple of years ago. I hadn't listened to them much in many years and it was good to remember how good they were back then.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (05-19-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    46. One of my very favorite songs from the seventies. It's just beautiful. I was 16, I think, when this one came out.

Precious love, I'll give to you
    Blue as the sky and deep
    In the eyes of a love so true
    Beautiful face, you make me feel
    Light on the stairs and lost
    In the air of a love so real...

Emerald eyes and China perfume
    Caught on the wheel and lost
    In the feel of a love so soon
    Ruby lips, you make my song
    Into the night and saved by
    The light of a love so strong...

Here's a rare, extended version that is never heard on the radio. Eight minutes of sublime listening pleasure. Ear candy that sweetens the soul!!! Give a listen. You'll NEVER hear this version on your car radio. RIP, Marty"Ballad" Balin.

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 05-19-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post

Jeff Lynne-- musical genius, artistic savant, one of the truly good guys of his profession. Never heard a bad thing about the dude. Masterpiece after masterpiece . The Bob Ross of Rock .

For those who think Jeff Lynne was done after the 70's, you have another thing coming. Here's Lynne and his ELO doing Turn to Stone some three decades later. Like fine wine...

Bob Ross was the ELO frontman?
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Bob Ross was the ELO frontman?
    Yep. "Mr Blue Sky " was his happy accident.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

10. Likes:

klw (05-19-2023),M2 (05-22-2023)

Turn Off Ads?