Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: Post Draft Edition

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: Post Draft Edition

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Charlie Jones who hurt his shoulder in camp has a torn labrum and is deciding to play through the injury this season.
    That's nuts. There's no room for him on this roster anyway with the emergence of Andrei Iosivas anyway

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's nuts. There's no room for him on this roster anyway with the emergence of Andrei Iosivas anyway
    Jones will primarily play the slot and will mix in as punt returner where Iosvias is primarily an outside WR and plays on special teams...

Wilson and Higgins have both played through the injury but lack of range of motion could hamper him for sure.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    After watching the backup Quarterbacks "competing" for the #1 backup job, I'm ready to turn to Option C.

I want no part of Trevor. Thought he sucked badly as a Bronco (he was much worse than Drew Lock). He looks like the same bad Quarterback that he was then.
    Same but honestly if Burrow missed an extended amount of time I would be in favor of getting a top 5 pick and pushing all marbles to the table in 2024. (Don't think that happens)

I've said before Burrow is Peyton Manning to this team in terms of impact. This isn't Tom Brady where he misses a season and Belichick has them in playoff contention with a QB who never started in college. If Burrow goes down, the Bengals are looking ahead to the draft.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

How'd Joe Mixon do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    How'd Joe Mixon do today?
    Judging by the testimony of the victim I would say he and his defense team has to be feeling pretty good...

His takes the stand today and is allowing his testimony to be recorded so I am interested in what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Same but honestly if Burrow missed an extended amount of time I would be in favor of getting a top 5 pick and pushing all marbles to the table in 2024. (Don't think that happens)

I've said before Burrow is Peyton Manning to this team in terms of impact. This isn't Tom Brady where he misses a season and Belichick has them in playoff contention with a QB who never started in college. If Burrow goes down, the Bengals are looking ahead to the draft.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    I have a lot of confidence in our Defense and the rest of our Offense, but any Offense will stink with the backup QB's we have. Both of them had Football Focus Ratings in the low-40's for that outing vs the Packers. They were the two lowest-rated Offensive players in the game for the Bengals.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'll be glad when Mixon is gone. I think they should have kept Perine and released Mixon.

Never liked that guy. Really hard to root for. He's like the Homer Bailey of the Bengals.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

9. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (08-16-2023),Todd Gack (08-15-2023),Tony Cloninger (08-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I'll be glad when Mixon is gone. I think they should have kept Perine and released Mixon.

Never liked that guy. Really hard to root for. He's like the Homer Bailey of the Bengals.
    Man, I couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

Leftovers from the Marvin regime.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Joe Mixon found not guilty of menacing...

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Joe Mixon found not guilty of menacing...
    Good for Joe. Now thousands of people can start cheering on this homophobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Good for Joe. Now thousands of people can start cheering on this homophobe.
    I wish they had parted ways with him . I liked Perine much, much better.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

15. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-19-2023)

It's kind of a little off topic but I thought this was a pretty interesting article. Dan Hurley coach of the UConn National Basketball champs is a big Bengals fan

https://theathletic.com/1906609/2020...e-bengals-fan/

I can relate in my way because I like the Reds even though I'm born and raised in New Jersey just like Dan. We have our reasons......

But I can't help that guy in the store in that article was pulling his leg when he told him he played for the Bengals and gave him a free hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I wish they had parted ways with him . I liked Perine much, much better.
    The same Perine that folks lost their minds on when he couldn't pick up a yard in the SB...

Great blocker, good pass catcher not explosive at all.

I was hoping the Bengals would have looked a little earlier in the draft at RB they need a home run hitter. Unfortunately once Robinson and Gibbs went off the table they settled for Brown who does look like he has some promise if he can hold onto the football.

Sounds like Joe Burrow will be featured in Quarterbacks season 2. Hope it chronicles a Super Bowl win:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...es-quarterback

Will Joe Burrow star in season two of Netflix's popular show, "Quarterback?"

After turning down the chance to be on the show, it sounds like the 26-year-old will be featured in season two according to former Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason.

“It sounds like Joe Burrow is doing the ‘Quarterback,’ by the way," Esiason said on WFAN in New York on Wednesday morning.

He made the comment when Giants signal-caller Daniel Jones was mentioned as a possible candidate for the show.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?