Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 College Basketball Thread

Re: 2023-2024 College Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    IU was favored as well. I bet on Kentucky, Dayton, and IU...obviously a bad night...lol
    Damn, ND/LSU/OK State/GM/Providence/Nebraska ML parlay for $10 would have been a nice retirement plan, then.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Damn, ND/LSU/OK State/GM/Providence/Nebraska ML parlay for $10 would have been a nice retirement plan, then.
    LOL...absolutely. $10 on that parlay probably woulda been good for 2-3 K
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Does this mean anything?

Major Donor Reportedly Wants Bob Huggins Back at West Virginia

https://voiceofmotown.com/major-dono...oogle_vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Does this mean anything?

Major Donor Reportedly Wants Bob Huggins Back at West Virginia

https://voiceofmotown.com/major-dono...oogle_vignette
    Voice of Motown are a bunch of wanna be "in the know" fans who throws everything at the wall and has a particular disdain for any coach not directly tied to WV.

I'm sure there are, after seeing this season play out I think as a WVU fan its time to move forward. It's time for a clean start. From President alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way down to the janitors closets. Gee pretty much harpooned this whole season with his botching of Huggins situation to begin with. Toussant and Mitchell were losses that I don't think any coach could have recovered from. Not to mention the bull crap NCAA suspensions of Battle and Kriisa this team never really had a chance. It shown flashes of what could have been beating Kansas once this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Voice of Motown are a bunch of wanna be "in the know" fans who throws everything at the wall and has a particular disdain for any coach not directly tied to WV.

I'm sure there are, after seeing this season play out I think as a WVU fan its time to move forward. It's time for a clean start. From President alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way down to the janitors closets. Gee pretty much harpooned this whole season with his botching of Huggins situation to begin with. Toussant and Mitchell were losses that I don't think any coach could have recovered from. Not to mention the bull crap NCAA suspensions of Battle and Kriisa this team never really had a chance. It shown flashes of what could have been beating Kansas once this year.
    Even if Huggins came back, in three to four years you are likely looking at another coaching search when he would decide to hang it up.

I think Baker botched it too. They waited way too long to name a coach and by the time they did they had already been hit with defections. That's on Baker moreso than Gee.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Even if Huggins came back, in three to four years you are likely looking at another coaching search when he would decide to hang it up.

I think Baker botched it too. They waited way too long to name a coach and by the time they did they had already been hit with defections. That's on Baker moreso than Gee.

Everything I’ve heard from acquaintances in the department is Balers a glorified patsy and Gees calling the shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Everything I’ve heard from acquaintances in the department is Balers a glorified patsy and Gees calling the shots.

Wonder if him going back to Missouri has any legs?

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wonder if him going back to Missouri has any legs?

It wouldn’t surprise me. I wish Gee was retiring now all his choices have been brutally bad.

I wonder what Oliver Luck is up to. Last time they made significant investments in programs was his tenure.

And you’re right, regardless Huggins is closer to the end than the beginning, has ANY of his assistants gone on to have success at other programs or is he in Mike K category. Now’s a time to make a clean break with a fresh face…

Which means Gee will probably hire someone like Tubby Smith and crow about getting a nationally respected coach.

William Arthur Ward

Kyle Filipowski got hurt in the middle of Wake Forest storming the court after upsetting Duke.

Since it's Duke and what happened with Caitlin Clark earlier this year you can bet court storming will be banned in the near future.

If Coach K was still there, 100%. Duke doesn't carry the same weight since he retired.

I guess Scheyer was equally outraged when Duke fans stormed the field after their football team started the season by knocking off Clemson in football in September?

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I guess Scheyer was equally outraged when Duke fans stormed the field after their football team started the season by knocking off Clemson in football in September?
    Its all good until athletes start getting hurt tho. These fans need to be more responsible, if not, the universities need to start being held accountable.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-25-2024),Revering4Blue (02-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Its all good until athletes start getting hurt tho. These fans need to be more responsible, if not, the universities need to start being held accountable.
    The ACC doesn't even have a policy in place for court storming.

The ACC doesn't even have a policy in place for court storming.

They better get one!

Arguably my Tennessee Volunteers have the hardest end of the year schedule in the country. All their 4 remaining games are against ranked opponents. This is going to be a gauntlet

Turn Off Ads?