Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If Andy Fisher can keep this up, he should get a promotion to Cincinnati this season.

If Andy Fisher can keep this up, he should get a promotion to Cincinnati this season.

As the team will need arms in the pen this year the way they are going through them right now, the 27-year old in AA is currently pitching extremely well.

Fisher was cruising along fine making it through three levels (one being the NCAA) his first season coming out of the University of Illinois as a 23-year old.

Then COVID hit and he lost all of the 2020 season.

In 2021, he struggled naturally, a year plus removed from baseball, and when he finally gets back to live games 18 months later, he struggled with control problems, but his strikeouts went up. They kept him at A+ for that season I would think because of the lost time working with coaches the year before.

Promoted last season to AA, he spent all of his time there as he was asked to close out games. He didn't fare well, so he started the season in Chattanooga again this year at his age-27 season. He's been nothing short of spectacular so far. He's not being asked to close games, but to set up, and his .471 OPS-Against and .208 BAbip are good starts on early season returns. I don't know if they'll have him skip AAA or have him try it out. It's not necessary for a Reliever all the time, especially with Fisher already being 27 years of age.

But, I do expect him to be in a Cincinnati Uniform sometime this season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-08-2023 at 09:05 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Kc61 (05-08-2023),RED VAN HOT (05-09-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If Andy Fisher can keep this up, he should get a promotion to Cincinnati this sea

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    As the team will need arms in the pen this year the way they are going through them right now, the 27-year old in AA is currently pitching extremely well.

Fisher was cruising along fine making it through three levels (one being the NCAA) his first season coming out of the University of Illinois as a 23-year old.

Then COVID hit and he lost all of the 2020 season.

In 2021, he struggled naturally, a year plus removed from baseball, and when he finally gets back to live games 18 months later, he struggled with control problems, but his strikeouts went up. They kept him at A+ for that season I would think because of the lost time working with coaches the year before.

Promoted last season to AA, he spent all of his time there as he was asked to close out games. He didn't fare well, so he started the season in Chattanooga again this year at his age-27 season. He's been nothing short of spectacular so far. He's not being asked to close games, but to set up, and his .471 OPS-Against and .208 BAbip are good starts on early season returns. I don't know if they'll have him skip AAA or have him try it out. It's not necessary for a Reliever all the time, especially with Fisher already being 27 years of age.

But, I do expect him to be in a Cincinnati Uniform sometime this season.
    He could be half that good and still improve our bullpen.

Turn Off Ads?