Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 5-10-23 Reds vs Mets 6:40 PM

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: 5-10-23 Reds vs Mets 6:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    And with that Justin Verlander now has a W against every single team in MLB. The Reds were the last holdout.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehh, they got carved up by one of the best starting pitchers in the history of the sport. Get ‘em tomorrow.
    8 straight innings without reaching base. Verlander wasn’t even dominant. Good, but not 6 perfect innings good.

Add to that the defensive miscues and the watched third strikes right down broadway and it was less than entertaining.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-10-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

The Mets lead the Reds 2-1 with one out in the sixth as Ian Gibaut replaces Hunter Greene.

It was a solid night for Greene in a game where he wasn't getting a ton of strikeouts and swings and misses. It was a command and soft contact type of day, and it led to some good results.

5. Likes:

goreds2 (05-11-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post

Guess he should be savvier like Lodolo and his ERA near 7.
    I do see your point and was supportive of it but then having a jab at another developing pitcher who is having a rough patch (closer to 6 than 7 ERA) but still looks to be someone to have faith in seems a bit hypocritical

I honestly think the game threads are too tough on our younger players (all players) in general. I can see ELDC getting called up, struggling, and then people stressing about the wonderkid being a bust. Greene, Lodolo, and any player who is brought up should be given some support.

I would add that the comments about Greene in this thread seemed reasonable. The third pitch is a problem

I do see your point and was supportive of it but then having a jab at another developing pitcher who is having a rough patch (closer to 6 than 7 ERA) but still looks to be someone to have faith in seems a bit hypocritical
    The point I was making is, for whatever reason, Lodolo doesn't take anywhere near the heat Greene does despite having an ERA almost twice the size of Greene's. I like Lodolo and have watched him (and Lance Lynn) murder my ERA and WHIP in a 15-team league, but also wonder why the threads when he pitches don't sound with the same frustration that is constantly heaped on Greene. I would like Greene to get the same treatment from fans on this board anyway that they afford Lodolo...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

8. Likes:

fondfoat (05-11-2023),Ron Madden (05-11-2023)

Turn Off Ads?