Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women Rockers of the '80's !!!!

Re: Women Rockers of the '80's !!!!

This sexy lady was rockin' in the '80's but her biggest hit came in the '90's: MEREDITH BROOKS.

Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 05-12-2023 at 03:51 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Turn Off Ads?

“The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-12-2023),goreds2 (05-13-2023),westofyou (05-12-2023)

Started in the 70s, but still going strong in the 80s.

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-12-2023),goreds2 (05-13-2023),Ky Fried Redleg (05-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    How can a voice like this come out of a 90 pound body ?!?!

Pat Benatar is playing with Pink and Brandi Carlile on some of their tour dates this summer but not the one in Cincinnati, unfortunately.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

8. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (05-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Pat Benatar is playing with Pink and Brandi Carlile on some of their tour dates this summer but not the one in Cincinnati, unfortunately.
    Pat and Pink would kick azz.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

If you are just talking pure crush, Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles is the winner.

"Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    If you are just talking pure crush, Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles is the winner.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    One of the things I loved most about the eighties were the women who rocked the decade. Many of them I had crushes on. Big hair, big voices, big talent, NO autotune. Some of the women I will highlight in this thread haunted my dreams.. in a very good way. Feel free to add some of your favorites or comment on mine.

I'll start with a very underrated talent. Great singer, and great sax appeal. Lady played some amazing sax!!! How she didn't have more hits is beyond me. Lead singer of Quarterflash, Miss Rindy Ross . Terrific sax solo in this huge hit:

They were the most popular band from the Northwest at the time.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    The thing about Pat Benatar is that she was a 70's Star before she had hit songs beginning in 1979.

Anyone who went to High School in the mid-70's all saw girls wear a Pat Benatar short haircut, and then you had to feel sorry for them as they tried to wait for it to grow out, because once you got that haircut, you couldn't do anything with it after that, unless you wanted to cut it all off and go bald. Your hair just looked like hell for at least a year.

There were so few pure women rockers in the mid-70's...almost none, so word of Pat Benatar spread like wild-fire, long before she ever had a hit song, or her first album.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-12-2023 at 10:19 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Vision Quest had one of my favorite movie soundtracks

She was good too:

Susanna Hoffs. Saw she was mentioned already.

15. Likes:

goreds2 (05-13-2023)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S_3vZYOYNYU

Video didn’t embed but Sheena Easton was good too

Turn Off Ads?