Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: 5-15-23 Reds @ Rockies 8:40;PM

Re: 5-15-23 Reds @ Rockies 8:40;PM

Okay, I found out what Greene said. Here it is from Sheldon:

"I pitched really well tonight," he said. "There were pitches that I doubled up on that I shouldn’t have. Those double ups weren’t as good as the prior pitch.
    Because of that, I suffered in those situations,
    but overall, man, there were a lot of wins out of tonight. I think you guys know those wins. I just have to keep pushing."
    He said he pitched well, but noted where he did not pitch well and made clear he will continue to improve. Not nearly as pompous as some here were trying to make it out to be.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

mth123 (05-16-2023),Ron Madden (05-16-2023),Tom Servo (05-16-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Pitch framing makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

5. Likes:

757690 (05-16-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Which .275 DH with power would you like to see him play instead?
    Any of EDLC or CES

Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCody View Post
    Any of EDLC or CES

You know Bell doesn't have control over that, right?

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-16-2023)

Seriously?
    Rockies 1B Mike Moustakas blasted a 454-foot solo homer off Greene in the 2nd inning. I'm not sure how you'd look your former teammates in the eye if you stole money, got paid $22M to go away, then lost 20+ pounds for your new team.
    https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/l...o-rockies-9-8/

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Someone needs to tell Mr. Greene that giving up six runs in four innings is not something to be happy about. He has been a bit of disappointment so far this season in that he hasn't really improved any from last season.
    ^^^^ THIS!

Being "happy" about 6 in 4 can be a red flag . I like a player to show some real disgust at giving up the equivalent of 13.5 runs over nine innings. Not something to be happy about.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    ^^^^ THIS!

Being "happy" about 6 in 4 can be a red flag . I like a player to show some real disgust at giving up the equivalent of 13.5 runs over nine innings. Not something to be happy about.

If Hunter really cared he’d set himself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    ^^^^ THIS!

Greene was not happy about giving up 6 runs. If you read his full comments, that is clear.

“There were pitches that I doubled up on that I shouldn’t have. Those double ups weren’t as good as the prior pitch, because of that, I suffered in those situations.”
    Greene is 23, with a little over 300 innings pitched professionally. He is still developing. At this stage, in this season, he is not focused on his line, but on how well he is progressing as a pitcher. Last night, he threw his changeup more often and more effectively. I am guessing that is what he was happy about.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Hunter says he thought he pitched really well.
    I agree with him. After he was done pitching I mentioned that I felt it was his best pitching performance of the season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Yes.

I think this was Greene's best effort of the season. Being willing to throw the Changeup 13 times (14%). That's all he needs to do for the rest of the season. They don't need to be effective. As he ages, it will improve, but being willing to throw it is the important thing. That alone will make his Slider and 4-Seam more effective, plus it will reduce the wear-and-tear on his arm by 14% (more or less).
    It's nice to hear Greene say after the game that he also thought he pitched well. I said this during the game.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?