Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 5-20-23 Reds vs Yankees 4:10 PM

Re: 5-20-23 Reds vs Yankees 4:10 PM

Pitchers in the 70s made peanuts. They used them till their arms fell off and tossed them away when they did

Also 90% of them weren't throwing upper 90s. Like today. The human arm is not meant to throw a baseball. Much less 98 mph.
    They in most cases have tons of money invested in players today as well.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-20-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I'd rather have a healthy Diaz in 24 and 25 vs. Over using him in a season where the Reds are going to finish 4th or 5th in the division and likely lose 90 games or more.
    With a few moves and a few of the prospects turn out to be good they can win as soon as next year. I personally want a healthy Diaz around when they are ready to compete.
    They pushed him hard on the last road trip he threw 40 plus pitches in one outing. I'd rather not see that very often

5. Likes:

LeatherPants (05-20-2023),Ron Madden (05-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Pitchers in the 70s made peanuts. They used them till their arms fell off and tossed them away when they did

Also 90% of them weren't throwing upper 90s. Like today. The human arm is not meant to throw a baseball. Much less 98 mph.
    They in most cases have tons of money invested in players today as well.
    Alexis can throw two on occasion. He really can. He just has to believe he can.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I'd rather have a healthy Diaz in 24 and 25 vs. Over using him in a season where the Reds are going to finish 4th or 5th in the division and likely lose 90 games or more.
    With a few moves and a few of the prospects turn out to be good they can win as soon as next year. I personally want a healthy Diaz around when they are ready to compete.
    They pushed him hard on the last road trip he threw 40 plus pitches in one outing. I'd rather not see that very often
    I agree with you ,Keefe , that I want a healthy Diaz when(and if) we re ready to compete. But t's the Yankees and , imo, a couple more batters to get this win would have been nice. I don't think pitching to Judge and Rizzo would have compromised Alexis in '24 or '25. Hell, this ownership may even ship him off to New York by '25. So, we may be saving him for the Yankees championship run in '25, for all we know. All I know is we had two damn, winnable games with the NY Yankees and we p' d them away on Bracho, Brutalnitz, and the French pastry Doughboy. I'm not happy with that.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Reds ahead of only the Nationals and Rockies in winning % in the NL. Still , only 5 behind the Pirates in this impotent division.
    Sad to waste an opportunity to stay afloat in a bad division with guys like Bracho & Brutalnutz.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 05-20-2023 at 11:47 PM.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Turn Off Ads?