Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Elly time?

Re: Elly time?

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Why not both? There's more than one way to clean a carpet.
    If something falls in their lap at the trade deadline, sure. Go for it. I think the rest of the season is better off judging the younger pitchers that are already in house. See who is legit and see who isn’t and add to that in the off-season. To get the quality of piece likely needed, the trade partner will likely want an arm and a leg. Just use cash to get that. Keep the farm strong.

2. Likes:

IKnowNothing (06-04-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

As I said, I am now willing to admit that calling up EDLC and CES now will help this 2023 team contend. The Reds should have already brought them back. That is because I now am convinced that the Reds can make the postseason this season if they are aggressive.

I don’t want them to be major buyers at the deadline, they need to stay to the plan of developing through the farm system, this means not trading away prospects right now to chase a postseason spot. They can be aggressive by calling as many prospects up as soon as possible, and adding role players, like middle relievers, via trade that will only cost a few C prospects.

Even if it doesn’t work, and the Reds miss the postseason, it creates an aggressive, winning attitude on the team and lets the players know the front office is committed to winning.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-06-2023),icehole3 (06-05-2023),Old school 1983 (06-04-2023),Ron Madden (06-04-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But it was solely pitching that sunk them this weekend series.
    Pitching wasn't good but 5-36 with runners in scoring position in this series is a problem. Lack of extra base hits has been a problem as well. Lots of singles and walks but no one breaking an inning open. Do the the guys in AAA magically change that? Don't know.... but we do know they are doing it down there. I get wanting to have them "ready" but what is the definition of "ready"? We all know they will struggle, adjust, get adjusted to ... rinse/repeat. Is it better that it happens in August or June?

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-06-2023),membengal (06-04-2023),Revering4Blue (06-04-2023),Ron Madden (06-04-2023)

Thomas Nestico
    @TJStats
    ·
    21m
    2023 Hardest Batted Balls (Statcast)

Elly De La Cruz 118.8 mph
    Matt Olson 118.6
    Jo Adell 118.4
    Jake Burger 118.2
    Giancarlo Stanton 117.8
    Elly De La Cruz 117.7
    Willson Contreras 117.5
    Ryan Jeffers 117.4
    Elly De La Cruz 117.3
    Jo Adell 117.2
    Elly De La Cruz 117.1

Elly with 4 of the top 11 hardest hit balls on the year
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

9. Likes:

Marty and Joe (06-07-2023),Old school 1983 (06-04-2023),wolfboy (06-06-2023)

Good stuff Reds.

5-1 road trip, sell out crowd, really good chance to build some momentum....

And sit on their hands, lose 3 in a row, and all the momentum is gone and the season is now probably over.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Beiber isn't a guy I'd empty the farm for. 6.4 K/9 and he's getting hit hard with an average 91.4 exit velo against. You get 1 1/2 years of control with him. I would go a fringe top 10 guy and a top 20 in the system, and I doubt Cleveland would like that offer. If they asked for CES or Marte it would be a definite no. The Reds would be smarter to go after someone with more years of control.
    Yeah if they traded like Marte or something for Bieber so they can try and “contend” aka sneak into the postseason as a bad team in a bad division, I would be pulling out the pitchforks. That’s the kind of thing that dumb shortsighted teams do.

If calling up guys already in the system surprisingly gets them into playoff baseball, that’s neat. Mortgaging the future for a bottom 10 in the league run differential team to get bounced in the first round would be a clown move.

12. Likes:

IKnowNothing (06-05-2023),Ron Madden (06-05-2023),westofyou (06-04-2023)

The best 26 major league ready players in the organization should be on the Reds. Elly and CES will most likely be top 10 players on the Reds the moment they're called up. Get them up now!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    The best 26 major league ready players in the organization should be on the Reds. Elly and CES will most likely be top 10 players on the Reds the moment they're called up. Get them up now!
    Yes but Super Bowl Tuesday, or whatever...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

https://twitter.com/m_sheldon/status...-k2A2dZC0KKa9Q

From Sheldon:

India is taking grounders at third base today.
    The dominoes are starting to fall
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    https://twitter.com/m_sheldon/status...-k2A2dZC0KKa9Q

From Sheldon:

The dominoes are starting to fall
    The best way for the team to move forward is for every player to be able to flex. They got a bunch of guys already moving around. Senzel, Steer, Newman, Barrero... If they can add India to that it will give them a lot of ability to work on lineups and survive the injuries that always happen through the season.

What time is it? Its EDLC Time!
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

18. Likes:

757690 (06-06-2023),DGullett35 (06-06-2023),UKFlounder (06-06-2023)

Since it is now Elly time I think we can close this one. We do have a welcome Elly thread going. Just go there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?