Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-23-23 Reds vs Cardinals 6:40 PM

Re: 5-23-23 Reds vs Cardinals 6:40 PM

New 3 hole hitter has 3 HRs. I'm with Lecure. I would have left India in the leadoff spot.
    Won't matter much in the next week though. The Reds are due to face a ton of LHP. Friedl and Fraley won't be in the starting lineup much. If Friedl is he will be 8th or 9th in the order.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If a Cardinals fan was drowning I'd try to rescue them because I'm not a monster, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    If a Cardinals fan was drowning I'd try to rescue them because I'm not a monster, but I wouldn't be happy about it.
    I’m a bit more of a monster than you, so I would save them, but I’d make them say “Yadi sucks” three times first.

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-23-2023),LeatherPants (05-23-2023)

That didn't take long. GABP Special. That's probably a out in the other 29 stadiums. I hate GABP dimensions.

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    That didn't take long. GABP Special.
    Only base-runner for the Cards in the first was this brief circuit for a 1-0 deficit for the Reds, no trying to at least match that run in their half.

Haunted by walks

Ashcraft strikes out the side, except for the part of the side that hit a homer.

Friedl wasn't hitting before he went on IL. Think he had like a 1 for 20 streak going. And McLain is a strike out machine. Hope that changes. EDLC will strike out a ton I bet.

Speed wins again

Friedl wasn't hitting before he went on IL. Think he had like a 1 for 20 streak going. And McLain is a strike out machine. Hope that changes. EDLC will strike out a ton I bet.
    So, things can only get better, you're saying.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Bell needs to give Fraley the rest of the year and let him face LHP. The ugly results are in the past. He is a better player now. It's not like the alternatives are any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I like the top 7, although I probably would flip flop #5 and #6 .

The bottom 2 need to disappear.
    Stephenson is getting worse by the week. Huge hole in the middle of those 7 hitters. Really good at killing rallies.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, things can only get better, you're saying.
    I'm ready to see the youngsters. But I think most Reds fans have unrealistic expectations for them.

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-23-2023)

Great job by India and to get that run back quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm ready to see the youngsters. But I think most Reds fans have unrealistic expectations for them.
    I don't know. Not too many REDS' fans with unrealistic expectations anymore.

That didn't take long. GABP Special. That's probably a out in the other 29 stadiums. I hate GABP dimensions.
    Home Run Report
    @homerunreport
    ·
    8m
    ⚾Paul Goldschmidt! HR (8)

5/23/23 @ CIN, ⬆️
    1st vs RHP Graham Ashcraft

99.2 MPH / 34° / 384 ft to LF
    Off a 98.7 MPH cutter

▶️It's a home run in 18/30 parks.◀️

See Here:
    https://twitter.com/homerunreport/st...C-yY3kx40uAAAA

I hate Waino for a plethora of reasons, none more than the fact that he makes me feel so damn old. It seems likes he's been playing since Neanderthal walked the planet, yet when he was born I was already a sophomore in college. Wainwright makes me feel like Homo habilis . For that alone, I hope he continues to be our personal whipping boy.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Turn Off Ads?