Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 5-25-23 Reds vs Cardinals 12:35

Re: 5-25-23 Reds vs Cardinals 12:35

Why not give Barrero a shot to PH for Maile?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Indymoon View Post
    Why not give Barrero a shot to PH for Maile?
    Cause he's as bad as Maile.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

4. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-25-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post

Not the reason they lost….but wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tip your hat to Gallegos, there. Excellent pitch selection with the slider away. Senzel is thinking, “oh man, that fastball 8 inches outside is a strike - better protect.” Then he drops the slider diving away on him.

Annoying one to lose, Reds had many chances and couldn't get it done.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (05-25-2023),Old school 1983 (05-25-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Cause he's as bad as Maile.
    True. But Barreo might have a future with the team and you never know what might spark a player, such as a clutch hit in the 9th to help tie or win a game.

One of the problems might have been having a bench of Myers (injured or whatever is going on with him), Barrero (who is on his way to being a defensive replacement, at this point), Casali (with his .400 OPS), leaving only Newman as a possible pinch hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post

Not the reason they lost….but wow.

That makes pitch 1 look like it barely clipped the corner. It actually was at least 3” outside

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Reds should have swept that series.
    When is Bell going to learn he never never never never brings Sims into a close game. I thought after last year they would have gotten rid of him but I guess Bell didn’t learn his lesson. Shame to lose a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza View Post
    When is Bell going to learn he never never never never brings Sims into a close game. I thought after last year they would have gotten rid of him but I guess Bell didn’t learn his lesson. Shame to lose a game like this.
    Yeah, I don't trust Sims as far as I could pitch him.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

14. Likes:

mth123 (05-25-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That makes pitch 1 look like it barely clipped the corner. It actually was at least 3” outside

To be a legitimate strike the ball has to show clipping the inside box and being inside the outside box, I believe is the way it is set up. So the fact that pitch 1 was called a strike being nearly 3" outside the zone, the odds of swing at pitch 4 greatly increased. Classic example of how bad ump calls really do a number on batters that have a good feel for judging the zone but constantly are uneasy about what it is going to be called.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza View Post
    Bell doesn’t build the roster.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-25-2023),Ron Madden (05-26-2023)

David Bell does not manage to win games. He manages to experiment with all the changes to the lineup and defensive positions. He does not seem to recognize success and build on it. (India as a leadoff hitter; Senzel at 3B)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Guy View Post
    David Bell does not manage to win games. He manages to experiment with all the changes to the lineup and defensive positions. He does not seem to recognize success and build on it. (India as a leadoff hitter; Senzel at 3B)
    So you're saying Dave does not adhere to the Herm Edwards philosophy?
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Turn Off Ads?