3. Justin Turner (R) 1B
    4. Masataka Yoshida (L) DH
    5. Rob Refsnyder (R) LF
    6. Jarren Duran (L) CF
    7. Enrique Hernandez (R) SS
    8. Enmanuel Valdez (L) 2B
    9. Connor Wong (R) C
    P. James Paxton (L)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 05-31-2023 at 02:00 PM.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-31-2023),KeefeCato (05-31-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5-31-23 Reds @Reds Sox 7:10 PM

This will only be Paxton's 4th start of the year. He had 2 good ones and one bad one, which was his most recent start.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-31-2023),Ron Madden (05-31-2023)

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    ⭐ ALL-STAR BALLOT LIVE ⭐

It's time to put your Reds on the NL All-Star squad! Cast your votes up to five times per 24-hour period.

#VoteReds @ http://reds.com/vote

Hello, Newman.....

Looks like India is staying in the 3 hole even against LHP.

No offense to Kevin Newman, he's had a respectable season to this point. If he is your starting 3B and leadoff man I have a hard time believing that EDLC shouldn't be on the big league roster though.

10. Likes:

RollyInRaleigh (05-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    This will only be Paxton's 4th start of the year. He had 2 good ones and one bad one, which was his most recent start.
    Paxton was great as a Mariner. Went to the Yankees and his career hit the dumps. Paxton's had a long recovery over the last two years from injuries. He's got his stuff back. It's just a matter of having command of it again. In his last start vs the Angels he didn't have command of any of his pitches. I don't expect that to be the case today and that the REDS are going to have a really tough time scoring any runs off of him. Weaver needs to be on his game and Bell needs to have a short hook for all of his pitchers today.

I'm hoping for a 2-1 REDS' victory. Somehow, Weaver and the rest need to hold the Red Sox to just one run. We might be able to get to Boston's Relievers late for a couple of runs and pull out a 4-3 win. That's probably the most hoped-for result. We have a good PH-bench in Friedl and Fraley, while our bullpen is fresh enough to keep them off the scoreboard allowing for a come-from-behind win.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-31-2023 at 03:46 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

LanceMcAlister
    @LanceMcAlister
    ·
    2h

Kevin Newman's 122nd career start in the leadoff spot.
    .294 BA
    .333 OBP

Also Hitting .348 over his last 17 appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Krivsky View Post
    No offense to Kevin Newman, he's had a respectable season to this point. If he is your starting 3B and leadoff man I have a hard time believing that EDLC shouldn't be on the big league roster though.
    I hate to disagree but this is not the Reds usual lineup, Newman is not usually at third or at lead off. When the Reds want EDLC up, Newman will not be a roadblock. It’s just a particular lineup against this LHP.

Newman at third moves Senzel to LF, where I suspect Nick will be playing a fair number of games once EDLC comes up.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-31-2023 at 05:18 PM.

Tampa Bay rallies with 2 in the 7th and 2 in the 8th to beat the Cubs 4-3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I hate to disagree but this is not the Reds usual lineup, Newman is not usually at third or at lead off. When the Reds want EDLC up, Newman will not be a roadblock. It’s just a particular lineup against this LHP.

Newman at third moves Senzel to LF, where I suspect Nick will be playing a fair number of games once EDLC comes up.
    This is the bizarro lineup if ever I've seen one.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

15. Likes:

RollyInRaleigh (05-31-2023),VR (05-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Let me put it this way...EDLC is one of the Reds best 9 bats in their organization right now and his floor as a hitter is Kevin Newman's ceiling. Kevin Newman nor Nick Senzel's .184 AVG vs RHP should be keeping Elly from getting big league at bats. Is keeping Elly down for another week or two worth an extra year of control? Yeah I get it....still don't love it though.

Let me put it this way...EDLC is one of the Reds best 9 bats in their organization right now and his floor as a hitter is Kevin Newman's ceiling. Kevin Newman nor Nick Senzel's .184 AVG vs RHP should be keeping Elly from getting big league at bats. Is keeping Elly down for another week or two worth an extra year of control? Yeah I get it....still don't love it though.

We’re past the time for the extra year of control, so if that’s what it’s about it would mean they aren’t bringing him up until the end of April next year. If that happens we should all be at GAB picketing the place.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    We’re past the time for the extra year of control, so if that’s what it’s about it would mean they aren’t bringing him up until the end of April next year. If that happens we should all be at GAB picketing the place.
    My bad I meant super 2, so not really control as much as cheap control. That cut off is typically mid June.

My bad I meant super 2, so not really control as much as cheap control. That cut off is typically mid June.
    June 12 I believe. Guessing he will be up shortly after the 12th.

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-31-2023)

This is our 2nd Attempt at a 5-game winning streak this season. We won the last one when Jake Fraley came off the bench to hit a 2-run Double in the top of the 9th for a 3-2 REDS' win. Maile caught that game and hit his 1st HR of the year. Newman singled, walked and scored a run. Diaz got the save striking out the side in the 9th.

Turn Off Ads?