Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LHP Andrew Abbott Getting the Call

LHP Andrew Abbott Getting the Call

What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-06-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LHP Andrew Abbott Getting the Call

Wonder if Graham is headed to to AAA to figure some stuff out, or maybe to the DL with “tired arm” or something…
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

He's just on the taxi squad right now. Would still need a 40 man move for Abbott to be called up. Busenitz DFA?
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

I thought the taxi squad was for road series. Guess they changed that.

I’m assuming this relates to Ashcraft but I guess we’ll know soon enough.

Abbott deserves the call up though he did allow too many homers at AAA. Glad to see him coming up to the big club.

From Charlie
    Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

The Reds have added starting pitcher Andrew Abbott to the taxi squad.

Another top prospect is on the way. Abbott is an old school pitcher who’s aggressive and used the entire strike zone. He also has an analytically unique fastball and a big slider.

Abbott will wear No. 41.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I thought the taxi squad was for road series. Guess they changed that.

I’m assuming this relates to Ashcraft but I guess we’ll know soon enough.

Abbott deserves the call up though he did allow too many homers at AAA. Glad to see him coming up to the big club.
    He also struck out everyone at AAA and had a 1.000 WHIP. You’re making a mountain out of a mole hill with the 8 HRs
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

JFLegal (06-04-2023),OGB (06-06-2023)

I'd guess Abbott is just on the Taxi Squad to remove him from AAA use so he'll be ready when needed. My guess is that they'll IL Ashcraft right away and add another reliever for a few days and drop one when Ashcraft's spot comes around and activate Abbott to make the start.

I hope they DFA Busenitz and add Daniel Duarte to the pen, though they may want some one who can provide a 3 or 4 inning stint instead.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

11. Likes:

JCM11 (06-04-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I hope they DFA Busenitz and add Daniel Duarte to the pen, though they may want some one who can provide a 3 or 4 inning stint instead.
    I'd do Joe Boyle, with the express purpose of making him a reliever if he can't find the strike zone as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'd do Joe Boyle, with the express purpose of making him a reliever if he can't find the strike zone as a starter.
    Except he just pitched last night and won't be available for a while.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'd guess Abbott is just on the Taxi Squad to remove him from AAA use so he'll be ready when needed. My guess is that they'll IL Ashcraft right away and add another reliever for a few days and drop one when Ashcraft's spot comes around and activate Abbott to make the start.

Who is the 2nd DFA when they need Abbott?

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Reds minor league coach Brian Garman on Abbott: “He has this balance between the arts and the sciences of pitching.”

“Andrew has the skill and the ability to go out and actually make a plan happen, which makes it really fun to watch.”

16. Likes:

icehole3 (06-04-2023),NC Reds (06-04-2023)

This is a positive step. Maybe management realizes that this team is in a position to contend (though they need to take care of business today). With Votto starting a rehab and Elly simply waiting out whatever service time loophole the Reds are playing, the pieces are starting to come together. I do wonder now if CES even gets a call if everyone else remains healthy. It could depend on how committed the Reds are to the 3 catcher thing.

Except he just pitched last night and won't be available for a while.
    Which is the same night as Ashcraft, the guy you're looking to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Who is the 2nd DFA when they need Abbott?
    Bracho? Cruz? So many options to DFA that we probably wouldn't lose and wouldn't miss if we did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Which is the same night as Ashcraft, the guy you're looking to replace.
    I like the idea of Boyle in the pen and would do it today if he hadn't pitched last night. For a starting spot, I'd go with Abbott first and promote Boyle to AAA to his spot there.

Bracho? Cruz? So many options to DFA that we probably wouldn't lose and wouldn't miss if we did.
    Bracho is already removed from the 40-man. Just seems like a lot of shuffling for a short term solution. If you are going to DFA Busenitz, call him up until you need Abbott, DFA him and that way you, for sure, keep Cruz in the organization. I know relievers are fungible but I'd rather have a bunch of them around if you aren't going to have great ones

Turn Off Ads?