Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 1006

Thread: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

  1. #346
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    5,223

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    .

    I should not be concerned that Elly has come down to earth because.... ___________________.
    It's baseball, and that's just the way it works.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #347
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    .

    I should not be concerned that Elly has come down to earth because.... ___________________.
    because baseball is hard and streaks happen?

  4. #348
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Maryland
    Posts
    13,827

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Random interlude...

    1984 Eric Davis - age 22 getting the call-up...

    174 plate appearances - .224/.320/.466 48 Ks to 24 BBs 10 HR/10 SB

    1985 Eric Davis - age 23 - again in AAA before a call-up

    131 plate appearances - .246/.287/.516 39 Ks to 7 BBs 8 HR/16 SB

    Just not sure it will ever click for that guy...

    (checks notes on 1986)

    (oh)
    Last edited by membengal; 06-15-2023 at 02:43 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

  5. Likes:

    Ron Madden (06-15-2023)

  6. #349
    Member mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,281

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    .

    I should not be concerned that Elly has come down to earth because.... ___________________.
    his problems have mostly been against LHP. If that becomes an obvious issue, they have Newman, Senzel or Steer who all do well against LHP to play 3B. I'm guessing he figures it out, but may be delayed if the Reds decide to try to win over giving him exposure.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

  7. #350
    Member redsfan9988's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    his problems have mostly been against LHP. If that becomes an obvious issue, they have Newman, Senzel or Steer who all do well against LHP to play 3B. I'm guessing he figures it out, but may be delayed if the Reds decide to try to win over giving him exposure.
    He has positive 0.3 bWAR even with the recent struggles. He’s going to play good defense, beat out infield hits, and steal bases even if the rest of his game is slow to develop. Reminds me a bit of Julio Rodriguez’s 1st month last year. No power, but lots of steals. I see no reason the Reds can’t continue to try to win and give him exposure.

  8. Likes:

    Ron Madden (06-15-2023)

  9. #351
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    20,733

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    He has been up at the major league level for a week. R-E-L-A-X
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  10. Likes:

    CaiGuy (06-15-2023),Old school 1983 (06-15-2023),UKFlounder (06-15-2023),WrongVerb (06-15-2023)

  11. #352
    Member mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,281

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    He has positive 0.3 bWAR even with the recent struggles. He’s going to play good defense, beat out infield hits, and steal bases even if the rest of his game is slow to develop. Reminds me a bit of Julio Rodriguez’s 1st month last year. No power, but lots of steals. I see no reason the Reds can’t continue to try to win and give him exposure.
    Because MLB is a mix and match game these days. Against LHP I could see a line-up with Senzel, Fairchild and Steer in the OF and CES, India, McLain and Newman in the IF with one of the back-up Catchers behind the plate and Stephenson at DH. Maybe not every time, but the reds have faced a run of lefty's this week and I think that is why this week looks worse than last week. He's 1 for 12 with 6K against LHP. Too soon to sit him against them yet, but when everyone is back, they will be looking for places to spot guys in and if that doesn't improve quickly, I could see it happen.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

  12. #353
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reds Diaspora
    Posts
    3,691

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    From over a month ago:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Ya'll sure turned on Stephenson. Can't wait for EDLC to have a bad stretch. Or even day.

  13. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (06-15-2023)

  14. #354
    Just a Fan RiverfrontRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,294

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    his problems have mostly been against LHP. If that becomes an obvious issue, they have Newman, Senzel or Steer who all do well against LHP to play 3B. I'm guessing he figures it out, but may be delayed if the Reds decide to try to win over giving him exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    He has positive 0.3 bWAR even with the recent struggles. He’s going to play good defense, beat out infield hits, and steal bases even if the rest of his game is slow to develop. Reminds me a bit of Julio Rodriguez’s 1st month last year. No power, but lots of steals. I see no reason the Reds can’t continue to try to win and give him exposure.
    Thanks for a couple of educated responses. Something other than baseball is hard. Nobody needs to turn my post into something negative either because obviously my fill in the blank could only be answered with a POSITIVE answer. But I appreciate the effort that goes into trying to make everything into something negative.

  15. #355
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Papist
    Posts
    5,223

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Thanks for a couple of educated responses. Something other than baseball is hard. Nobody needs to turn my post into something negative either because obviously my fill in the blank could only be answered with a POSITIVE answer. But I appreciate the effort that goes into trying to make everything into something negative.
    Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.

    Also, this board is collectively pretty neurotic. You have to keep that in mind while posting here.

  16. Likes:

    westofyou (06-15-2023)

  17. #356
    Member redsfan9988's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Thanks for a couple of educated responses. Something other than baseball is hard. Nobody needs to turn my post into something negative either because obviously my fill in the blank could only be answered with a POSITIVE answer. But I appreciate the effort that goes into trying to make everything into something negative.
    Huh?

  18. #357
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    26,857

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Random interlude...

    1984 Eric Davis - age 22 getting the call-up...

    174 plate appearances - .224/.320/.466 48 Ks to 24 BBs 10 HR/10 SB

    1985 Eric Davis - age 23 - again in AAA before a call-up

    131 plate appearances - .246/.287/.516 39 Ks to 7 BBs 8 HR/16 SB

    Just not sure it will ever click for that guy...

    (checks notes on 1986)

    (oh)
    I can remember a specific series for Eric Davis...can't remember which year but it was in the midst of our run of 2nd place finishes under Pete Rose. The Astros were our major rival and their starting pitching was elite. One 3 game weekend series we faced Mike Scott, Jim DeShayes and Nolan Ryan. All were low scoring, close hard fought games. Eric Davis spent the entire weekend racking up the strikeouts and went hitless. But the Reds swept the series. All was good...just like the last 3 games

  19. #358
    Member JarrodOnVinyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    117

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    his problems have mostly been against LHP. If that becomes an obvious issue, they have Newman, Senzel or Steer who all do well against LHP to play 3B. I'm guessing he figures it out, but may be delayed if the Reds decide to try to win over giving him exposure.
    Benching EDLC for any of those three is just wrong

  20. Likes:

    IKnowNothing (06-18-2023),RiverRat13 (06-15-2023),westofyou (06-15-2023)

  21. #359
    Just a Fan RiverfrontRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,294

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    Huh?
    Wuh?

  22. #360
    Member redsfan9988's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Wuh?
    You quoted my post? I can’t figure out why.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator