Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post

I should not be concerned that Elly has come down to earth because.... ___________________.
    It's baseball, and that's just the way it works.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I should not be concerned that Elly has come down to earth because.... ___________________.
    because baseball is hard and streaks happen?

Random interlude...

1984 Eric Davis - age 22 getting the call-up...

174 plate appearances - .224/.320/.466 48 Ks to 24 BBs 10 HR/10 SB

1985 Eric Davis - age 23 - again in AAA before a call-up

131 plate appearances - .246/.287/.516 39 Ks to 7 BBs 8 HR/16 SB

Just not sure it will ever click for that guy...

(checks notes on 1986)

(oh)
    Last edited by membengal; 06-15-2023 at 02:43 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-15-2023)

his problems have mostly been against LHP. If that becomes an obvious issue, they have Newman, Senzel or Steer who all do well against LHP to play 3B. I'm guessing he figures it out, but may be delayed if the Reds decide to try to win over giving him exposure.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    his problems have mostly been against LHP. If that becomes an obvious issue, they have Newman, Senzel or Steer who all do well against LHP to play 3B. I'm guessing he figures it out, but may be delayed if the Reds decide to try to win over giving him exposure.
    He has positive 0.3 bWAR even with the recent struggles. He’s going to play good defense, beat out infield hits, and steal bases even if the rest of his game is slow to develop. Reminds me a bit of Julio Rodriguez’s 1st month last year. No power, but lots of steals. I see no reason the Reds can’t continue to try to win and give him exposure.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-15-2023)

He has been up at the major league level for a week. R-E-L-A-X
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-15-2023),Old school 1983 (06-15-2023),UKFlounder (06-15-2023),WrongVerb (06-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    He has positive 0.3 bWAR even with the recent struggles. He’s going to play good defense, beat out infield hits, and steal bases even if the rest of his game is slow to develop. Reminds me a bit of Julio Rodriguez’s 1st month last year. No power, but lots of steals. I see no reason the Reds can’t continue to try to win and give him exposure.
    Because MLB is a mix and match game these days. Against LHP I could see a line-up with Senzel, Fairchild and Steer in the OF and CES, India, McLain and Newman in the IF with one of the back-up Catchers behind the plate and Stephenson at DH. Maybe not every time, but the reds have faced a run of lefty's this week and I think that is why this week looks worse than last week. He's 1 for 12 with 6K against LHP. Too soon to sit him against them yet, but when everyone is back, they will be looking for places to spot guys in and if that doesn't improve quickly, I could see it happen.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

From over a month ago:

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Ya'll sure turned on Stephenson. Can't wait for EDLC to have a bad stretch. Or even day.

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-15-2023)

Thanks for a couple of educated responses. Something other than baseball is hard. Nobody needs to turn my post into something negative either because obviously my fill in the blank could only be answered with a POSITIVE answer. But I appreciate the effort that goes into trying to make everything into something negative.

Thanks for a couple of educated responses. Something other than baseball is hard. Nobody needs to turn my post into something negative either because obviously my fill in the blank could only be answered with a POSITIVE answer. But I appreciate the effort that goes into trying to make everything into something negative.
    Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.

Also, this board is collectively pretty neurotic. You have to keep that in mind while posting here.

16. Likes:

westofyou (06-15-2023)

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Random interlude...

1984 Eric Davis - age 22 getting the call-up...

174 plate appearances - .224/.320/.466 48 Ks to 24 BBs 10 HR/10 SB

1985 Eric Davis - age 23 - again in AAA before a call-up

131 plate appearances - .246/.287/.516 39 Ks to 7 BBs 8 HR/16 SB

Just not sure it will ever click for that guy...

(checks notes on 1986)

(oh)
    I can remember a specific series for Eric Davis...can't remember which year but it was in the midst of our run of 2nd place finishes under Pete Rose. The Astros were our major rival and their starting pitching was elite. One 3 game weekend series we faced Mike Scott, Jim DeShayes and Nolan Ryan. All were low scoring, close hard fought games. Eric Davis spent the entire weekend racking up the strikeouts and went hitless. But the Reds swept the series. All was good...just like the last 3 games

Benching EDLC for any of those three is just wrong

20. Likes:

IKnowNothing (06-18-2023),RiverRat13 (06-15-2023),westofyou (06-15-2023)

Huh?
    Wuh?

Wuh?
    You quoted my post? I can’t figure out why.

Turn Off Ads?