Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1006

Thread: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

  1. #841
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,994

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    I can see you’re really upset your posts on the minor league forum look so silly in hindsight with regard to Elly, they speak for themselves.

    I have nothing to PM about.

    And yeah, I’m an overly exuberant prospect junkie, right right. Totally not the guy that called India a bust in 2019 and was the first player to call Barrero a bust. Among many others. If anything, historically, I’ve been overly negative about Reds prospects.

    When I see a freak of nature, like Elly, that’s exactly what I’m going to say he is. It’s pretty obvious to anyone that has actually watched him play. It seems like you’re upset the scouts appear to be right about Elly and your analytics led you astray.
    What would you say.....ya do here?


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #842
    Member Mutaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,000

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    it's like hearing rock n roll for the first time
    Great balls of Fire
    The Killer
    1957

    It warped my fragile little mind.

  4. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (07-09-2023),westofyou (07-09-2023)

  5. #843
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    29,895

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    I heard he also picked clean the home plate umpire's wallet.

    Amazing how a kid 6'5" can have such blazing speed.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  6. #844
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    24,124

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

    I'm all in for the havoc part though, the Reds have been so locked in with slugging and station to station baseball that it's like hearing rock n roll for the first time
    It is as if one month ago the Reds proclaimed: "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"
    I have no idea as to how De La Cruz's career will go. Injuries to any player could always happen. I am just enjoying the moment, watching what appears to be the second coming of Mickey Mantle, only an even greater, more exciting version. I have never watched a more exciting player, never, ever.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  7. Likes:

    GAC (07-09-2023),RFS62 (07-10-2023),Ron Madden (07-09-2023)

  8. #845
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    10,663

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I can see youíre really upset your posts on the minor league forum look so silly in hindsight with regard to Elly, they speak for themselves.

    I have nothing to PM about.

    And yeah, Iím an overly exuberant prospect junkie, right right. Totally not the guy that called India a bust in 2019 and was the first player to call Barrero a bust. Among many others. If anything, historically, Iíve been overly negative about Reds prospects.

    When I see a freak of nature, like Elly, thatís exactly what Iím going to say he is. Itís pretty obvious to anyone that has actually watched him play. It seems like youíre upset the scouts appear to be right about Elly and your analytics led you astray.
    Why would I be upset about previous posts of mine? What I was concerned about then (BABIP way too high, IsoD too low, high K rate) are the same things we should be watching closely now. Despite your demand to wash those concerns away by claiming "UNICRON!!" at every opportunity, and sans virtually any other actual rationale, those concerns exist and will be sorted out over time. Not 131 plate appearances. Actual time. And yes, I know you've been all over the place with your takes on players- a history which does not inspire trust. While you won't be able to alleviate my concerns over his peripherals, there are posters who might be able to sway me a bit at some point. Yet, to be clear, that movement for me would not be from "failure" to "success", it would be from "some success" to "more success". And we'll have to wait a while because none of those posters are prone to calling "scoreboard" (again) after less than 150 career PA (again) to resolve a fabricated "conflict" (existing only for you), and then only at a level of me really liking De La Cruz' potential, but not being willing to believe that he's a mythical horse-like creature who spews pixie dust rainbows out of his unihorn.

    To sum up, knock off the trolling, you don't have legit beef nor do I buy your flimsy premise that you believe you do, and you're not saying or doing anything I haven't heard before.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch thatís over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.Ē
    --Ted Williams

  9. #846
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    I think Elly De La Cruz will be the face of the MLB the Show video game in 2024!

  10. #847
    Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    819

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Imagine having a 3 page argument over Elly after what he did yesterday. Never change Redszine.

  11. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (07-09-2023),Tommyjohn25 (07-09-2023),wolfboy (07-09-2023)

  12. #848
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    21,312

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Elly steals EVERY base

    Reds third-base coach J.R. House was as surprised as anyone at De La Cruz’s theft of home.

    “Everybody is giving me credit for sending him, and I had nothing to do with it. Zero,” House said. “So he steals second and third. ... I was going to give him a high five, he stole third base, like, ‘Nice job,’ and he wanted no part of it.

    “I didn’t really understand what was going on, and he just kind of kept creeping towards home plate and eyeballing the third baseman, and catcher, pitcher and then gone. Just really impressive. When he slid into the third, the play wasn’t over for him. He knew it, he was watching it, he was seeking it, he was hunting it, and I got to watch it. It was great.”

    Story Here:
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/elly-d...in-same-at-bat

  13. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (07-09-2023),Rdirtypirates (07-09-2023),Roy Tucker (07-09-2023),SirFelixCat (07-10-2023),SoTxRedsFan (07-09-2023),texasdave (07-09-2023),Tuff Nut (07-09-2023),westofyou (07-09-2023)

  14. #849
    Member Mitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,047

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Oh man I had forgotten about succeeding poorly.

    Is De La Cruz still succeeding poorly? I donít feel like parsing these posts to find out.

  15. #850
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,994

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Why would I be upset about previous posts of mine? What I was concerned about then (BABIP way too high, IsoD too low, high K rate) are the same things we should be watching closely now. Despite your demand to wash those concerns away by claiming "UNICRON!!" at every opportunity, and sans virtually any other actual rationale, those concerns exist and will be sorted out over time. Not 131 plate appearances. Actual time. And yes, I know you've been all over the place with your takes on players- a history which does not inspire trust. While you won't be able to alleviate my concerns over his peripherals, there are posters who might be able to sway me a bit at some point. Yet, to be clear, that movement for me would not be from "failure" to "success", it would be from "some success" to "more success". And we'll have to wait a while because none of those posters are prone to calling "scoreboard" (again) after less than 150 career PA (again) to resolve a fabricated "conflict" (existing only for you), and then only at a level of me really liking De La Cruz' potential, but not being willing to believe that he's a mythical horse-like creature who spews pixie dust rainbows out of his unihorn.

    To sum up, knock off the trolling, you don't have legit beef nor do I buy your flimsy premise that you believe you do, and you're not saying or doing anything I haven't heard before.
    And there it is, now I am a troll. The true sign someone is lost in the woods on a message board. Meanwhile you’re the one putting misspelled words in all caps to clearly make knocks on my intelligence. But yeah, I’m the troll.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Oh man I had forgotten about succeeding poorly.

    Is De La Cruz still succeeding poorly? I don’t feel like parsing these posts to find out.
    Yep, still succeeding poorly.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-09-2023 at 10:23 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  16. #851
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,994

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    No big deal. Nothing to see here.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  17. #852
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    I will never forget the look of complete amazement on Benson’s face after Elly stole home.

    For those of you that have not seen it, watch the Benson postgame interview on YouTube. It is an amazing expose of team camaraderie as the other player kept stepping in to ask Will questions.

  18. #853
    Member Tracy Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,227

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    I tend to lean towards RTGís ďunicornĒ take when it comes to Elly. He has freakish skills that can out do the typical player analytics at least for a couple of years. Eric Davis was that type of player too, but then he crashed into the wall one afternoon in Wrigley, and he went from ďfreakĒ to just really good. But barring that happening to Elly, I think he can sustain what heís doing to a high degree for a few years until he gets just a little slower, maybe a little bigger, maybe not as hungry, and all that unknown stuff.

    At the same time, SDSteel, whoís obviously a smart guy, is right about the whole not liking a player enough for certain postersí liking and them constantly taking shots over it. Itís pretty ridiculous. It happened to me over Jesse Winker, Robert Stephenson, Sal Romano, Cody Reed, Suarez as a SS (said at the very beginning he could hit) and probably others Iím forgetting. The point is, who cares? People have opinions. Some turn out to be right, others not. It gets emotional in here sometimes over baseball players, and itís weird. You should probably take a step back from this if someoneís opinion on a baseball player differs from yours and it upsets you. Itís not healthy.

  19. Likes:

    CySeymour (07-09-2023),MoneyInTheBank (07-09-2023)

  20. #854
    Member Rdirtypirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    I tend to lean towards RTGís ďunicornĒ take when it comes to Elly. He has freakish skills that can out do the typical player analytics at least for a couple of years. Eric Davis was that type of player too, but then he crashed into the wall one afternoon in Wrigley, and he went from ďfreakĒ to just really good. But barring that happening to Elly, I think he can sustain what heís doing to a high degree for a few years until he gets just a little slower, maybe a little bigger, maybe not as hungry, and all that unknown stuff.

    At the same time, SDSteel, whoís obviously a smart guy, is right about the whole not liking a player enough for certain postersí liking and them constantly taking shots over it. Itís pretty ridiculous. It happened to me over Jesse Winker, Robert Stephenson, Sal Romano, Cody Reed, Suarez as a SS (said at the very beginning he could hit) and probably others Iím forgetting. The point is, who cares? People have opinions. Some turn out to be right, others not. It gets emotional in here sometimes over baseball players, and itís weird. You should probably take a step back from this if someoneís opinion on a baseball player differs from yours and it upsets you. Itís not healthy.
    You must not be very familiar with Steelsd work. Elly is amazing and Reds fans are lucky they get to see him for the next 6 years at least. Letís celebrate that and forget certain posters.

  21. #855
    Member Tracy Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,227

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    You must not be very familiar with Steelsd work.
    Youíre right. I often skipped his posts when I frequented this site because I prefer short and concise (my last opus aside) but I do know heís a smart guy, and he backs what he believes. And just because he has a different view of a baseball player than others doesnít mean he should be attacked.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator