Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It is 100% true and accurate. Tell me what part is untrue, please.
    "A few more weeks" is July.

https://www.piratesprospects.com/202...-deadline.html

June 10th, from what I can see, would be the earliest date where Reds ownership would be safe from the mean old Super 2 monster. So they are rolling the dice a bit by bringing him up on the 6th. If that thrills you.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I lost all faith and confidence in this team when they started calling themselves THE Reds.
    Exactly. When people tell me they have no faith in Reds ownership's process, I am quick to remind them that Reds ownership's process is the only possible way to do things, and therefore they need to just zip it and trust THE process.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    "A few more weeks" is July.

https://www.piratesprospects.com/202...-deadline.html

June 10th, from what I can see, would be the earliest date where Reds ownership would be safe from the mean old Super 2 monster. So they are rolling the dice a bit by bringing him up on the 6th. If that thrills you.
    Thank you for proving me correct. EDLC may be eligible for super 2 status. No one knows, and no one will know until the end of the season. Most teams wait until the first week of July just to be extra safe.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Thank you for proving me correct. EDLC may be eligible for super 2 status. No one knows, and no one will know until the end of the season. Most teams wait until the first week of July just to be extra safe.
    June 10th. To be on the safe side.

It also might end up being May 30th.

I know you were in a rush to show everyone how wrong they were about the cheapasses, but the cheapasses are taking a 4 day risk, which, is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for not waiting until after the Dodgers series. I also would guess if this wasn't a home series, he'd still be in AAA because no ticket sales to be garnered by calling him up before the 10th.

But again... If Super 2 wasn't a factor, he'd already be here. Are you disputing that?

6. Likes:

membengal (06-06-2023)

June 10th. To be on the safe side.

It also might end up being May 30th.

I know you were in a rush to show everyone how wrong they were about the cheapasses, but the cheapasses are taking a 4 day risk, which, is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for not waiting until after the Dodgers series. I also would guess if this wasn't a home series, he'd still be in AAA because no ticket sales to be garnered by calling him up before the 10th.

But again... If Super 2 wasn't a factor, he'd already be here. Are you disputing that?
    I really don't want to derail this thread with this debate. But yes, I am disputing that. If it played a role, they would have waited until way after June 10th, just to be safe, which is what every other team had done when trying to avoid super 2 status for a player.

The article you posted does a good job explaining it. Anyone who wants to learn about it, just read the article.

For some reason, I can't load the picture I took of it to this site, but when I was at lunch today, the number on ticket that they called to let me know it was ready was... #44.

9. Likes:

JFLegal (06-07-2023)

They call me "chef"

Waiting until June when he was ripping the cover off the ball for a while kind of proves they weren’t holding him back for Super 2 reasons. If they had been, they would have held him for a tiny bit longer to make sure. But they held him only until the less safe part of the realistic window for avoiding Super 2 status kicking in.

I really don't want to derail this thread with this debate. But yes, I am disputing that. If it played a role, they would have waited until way after June 10th, just to be safe, which is what every other team had done when trying to avoid super 2 status for a player.

The article you posted does a good job explaining it. Anyone who wants to learn about it, just read the article.
    I think you need to read it again.

June 10th. 4 days from now.

It might also be May 22nd.

The 6th is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for taking that chance. But to pretend that Super 2 wasn't the main factor in the delayed call up? That's your thing, I get it. But I'm not buying it.

The top of the page for the Reds Twitter feed says this:
    https://twitter.com/Reds
    Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    Elly De La Cruz fan account.
    Professional Sports TeamGreat American Ball Parkreds.comJoined April 2009
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

I think you need to read it again.

June 10th. 4 days from now.

It might also be May 22nd.

The 6th is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for taking that chance. But to pretend that Super 2 wasn't the main factor in the delayed call up? That's your thing, I get it. But I'm not buying it.
    If super 2 was the driving force, they would have waited until there was zero risk. It makes no sense to take any risk if you are trying to manipulate service time. There is no logic to that at all.

This will not convince you, so respond all you want, the facts and logic have been presented and made clear. Others can draw their own conclusions. I am moving on.

14. Likes:

GullyFoyle (06-07-2023),IKnowNothing (06-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Why isn't he at SS? If he's the best SS prospect in the organization (and everyone tells me he is), then he shouldn't be pushed off the position for a lesser player.
    I'm guessing here but McClain has been India's opposite for a little bit now. Why start the re-training over? if anything, I'd have moved India to 3B, McClain to 2B and started EDLC at SS.

Or put him in RF where he can be ED and Dave Parker combined.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

If super 2 was the driving force, they would have waited until there was zero risk. It makes no sense to take any risk if you are trying to manipulate service time. There is no logic to that at all.

This will not convince you, so respond all you want, the facts and logic have been presented and made clear. Others can draw their own conclusions. I am moving on.
    You probably should move on, because you're wrong.

If it wasn't a factor, he'd already be here.

And if the series was in LA, he'd still be in AAA.

If what you said had an ounce of truth to it, he'd have been called up for the Brewers series, at the latest.

You probably should move on, because you're wrong.

If it wasn't a factor, he'd already be here.

And if the series was in LA, he'd still be in AAA.

If what you said had an ounce of truth to it, he'd have been called up for the Brewers series, at the latest.
    More than one thing can be true. Captain brittle going on the IL certainly provided opportunity. And the hype over EDLC over the last week has been tremendous.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-06-2023)

Whoa n-elly!!!

Exciting times. Picked a lousy week to be out of town.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-06-2023),Ron Madden (06-07-2023)

Turn Off Ads?