Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1006

Thread: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

  1. #121
    Eight bosses? Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eight, Bob.
    Posts
    3,291

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It is 100% true and accurate. Tell me what part is untrue, please.
    "A few more weeks" is July.

    https://www.piratesprospects.com/202...-deadline.html

    June 10th, from what I can see, would be the earliest date where Reds ownership would be safe from the mean old Super 2 monster. So they are rolling the dice a bit by bringing him up on the 6th. If that thrills you.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #122
    Eight bosses? Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eight, Bob.
    Posts
    3,291

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I lost all faith and confidence in this team when they started calling themselves THE Reds.
    Exactly. When people tell me they have no faith in Reds ownership's process, I am quick to remind them that Reds ownership's process is the only possible way to do things, and therefore they need to just zip it and trust THE process.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

  4. #123
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    32,993

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    "A few more weeks" is July.

    https://www.piratesprospects.com/202...-deadline.html

    June 10th, from what I can see, would be the earliest date where Reds ownership would be safe from the mean old Super 2 monster. So they are rolling the dice a bit by bringing him up on the 6th. If that thrills you.
    Thank you for proving me correct. EDLC may be eligible for super 2 status. No one knows, and no one will know until the end of the season. Most teams wait until the first week of July just to be extra safe.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

  5. #124
    Eight bosses? Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eight, Bob.
    Posts
    3,291

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Thank you for proving me correct. EDLC may be eligible for super 2 status. No one knows, and no one will know until the end of the season. Most teams wait until the first week of July just to be extra safe.
    June 10th. To be on the safe side.

    It also might end up being May 30th.

    I know you were in a rush to show everyone how wrong they were about the cheapasses, but the cheapasses are taking a 4 day risk, which, is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for not waiting until after the Dodgers series. I also would guess if this wasn't a home series, he'd still be in AAA because no ticket sales to be garnered by calling him up before the 10th.

    But again... If Super 2 wasn't a factor, he'd already be here. Are you disputing that?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

  6. Likes:

    membengal (06-06-2023)

  7. #125
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    32,993

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    June 10th. To be on the safe side.

    It also might end up being May 30th.

    I know you were in a rush to show everyone how wrong they were about the cheapasses, but the cheapasses are taking a 4 day risk, which, is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for not waiting until after the Dodgers series. I also would guess if this wasn't a home series, he'd still be in AAA because no ticket sales to be garnered by calling him up before the 10th.

    But again... If Super 2 wasn't a factor, he'd already be here. Are you disputing that?
    I really don't want to derail this thread with this debate. But yes, I am disputing that. If it played a role, they would have waited until way after June 10th, just to be safe, which is what every other team had done when trying to avoid super 2 status for a player.

    The article you posted does a good job explaining it. Anyone who wants to learn about it, just read the article.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

  8. #126
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    32,993

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    For some reason, I can't load the picture I took of it to this site, but when I was at lunch today, the number on ticket that they called to let me know it was ready was... #44.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

  9. Likes:

    JFLegal (06-07-2023)

  10. #127
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,402

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Thank you for proving me correct. EDLC may be eligible for super 2 status. No one knows, and no one will know until the end of the season. Most teams wait until the first week of July just to be extra safe.
    Waiting until June when he was ripping the cover off the ball for a while kind of proves they weren’t holding him back for Super 2 reasons. If they had been, they would have held him for a tiny bit longer to make sure. But they held him only until the less safe part of the realistic window for avoiding Super 2 status kicking in.

  11. #128
    Eight bosses? Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eight, Bob.
    Posts
    3,291

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I really don't want to derail this thread with this debate. But yes, I am disputing that. If it played a role, they would have waited until way after June 10th, just to be safe, which is what every other team had done when trying to avoid super 2 status for a player.

    The article you posted does a good job explaining it. Anyone who wants to learn about it, just read the article.
    I think you need to read it again.

    June 10th. 4 days from now.


    It might also be May 22nd.

    The 6th is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for taking that chance. But to pretend that Super 2 wasn't the main factor in the delayed call up? That's your thing, I get it. But I'm not buying it.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

  12. #129
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    15,097

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    The top of the page for the Reds Twitter feed says this:
    https://twitter.com/Reds
    Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    Elly De La Cruz fan account.
    Professional Sports TeamGreat American Ball Parkreds.comJoined April 2009
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

  13. #130
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    32,993

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I think you need to read it again.

    June 10th. 4 days from now.


    It might also be May 22nd.

    The 6th is a pretty safe bet. I give them credit for taking that chance. But to pretend that Super 2 wasn't the main factor in the delayed call up? That's your thing, I get it. But I'm not buying it.
    If super 2 was the driving force, they would have waited until there was zero risk. It makes no sense to take any risk if you are trying to manipulate service time. There is no logic to that at all.

    This will not convince you, so respond all you want, the facts and logic have been presented and made clear. Others can draw their own conclusions. I am moving on.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

  14. Likes:

    GullyFoyle (06-07-2023),IKnowNothing (06-06-2023)

  15. #131
    Pitter Patter TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Letterkenny
    Posts
    21,874

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Why isn't he at SS? If he's the best SS prospect in the organization (and everyone tells me he is), then he shouldn't be pushed off the position for a lesser player.
    I'm guessing here but McClain has been India's opposite for a little bit now. Why start the re-training over? if anything, I'd have moved India to 3B, McClain to 2B and started EDLC at SS.


    Or put him in RF where he can be ED and Dave Parker combined.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

  16. #132
    Eight bosses? Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eight, Bob.
    Posts
    3,291

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If super 2 was the driving force, they would have waited until there was zero risk. It makes no sense to take any risk if you are trying to manipulate service time. There is no logic to that at all.

    This will not convince you, so respond all you want, the facts and logic have been presented and made clear. Others can draw their own conclusions. I am moving on.
    You probably should move on, because you're wrong.

    If it wasn't a factor, he'd already be here.

    And if the series was in LA, he'd still be in AAA.

    If what you said had an ounce of truth to it, he'd have been called up for the Brewers series, at the latest.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

  17. #133
    Pitter Patter TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Letterkenny
    Posts
    21,874

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    You probably should move on, because you're wrong.

    If it wasn't a factor, he'd already be here.

    And if the series was in LA, he'd still be in AAA.

    If what you said had an ounce of truth to it, he'd have been called up for the Brewers series, at the latest.
    More than one thing can be true. Captain brittle going on the IL certainly provided opportunity. And the hype over EDLC over the last week has been tremendous.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

  18. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (06-06-2023)

  19. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    461

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Whoa n-elly!!!

  20. #135
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    18,148

    Re: Welcome to The Show Elly De La Cruz!

    Exciting times. Picked a lousy week to be out of town.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

  21. Likes:

    cumberlandreds (06-06-2023),Ron Madden (06-07-2023)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator