Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: 6-6-23 Reds vs Dodgers 7:10 PM

Re: 6-6-23 Reds vs Dodgers 7:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    . They also didn't want to start their FA clocks
    Even when a superstar gets dumped in their laps, the Castellinis' first thought is "How can we use this good fortune to save some money."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Even when a superstar gets dumped in their laps, the Castellinis' first thought is "How can we use this good fortune to save some money."
    Fits with the narrative of owning a supermarket, eh?

You can squeeze an extra year of below-market pay for your best asset.

Even in their fun vanity project, the Castellini’s find a way to underpay an employee. Great job, fellas.

They’re billionaires with a B and are jacking around some kid from DR to keep him from earning a few million dollars a few months earlier. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Your boy Senzel has hit .266 .330 .394 .724 ... yawn.
    Both your boys would form a good platoon. Senzel is below league average unless he is facing a LHP and Benson has unfairly been crapped upon by many due to his horrible start. He gets on base a lot. Athletic has speed and some pop. People giving up on Benson due to his slow start aren't paying attention.

5. Likes:

icehole3 (06-07-2023),membengal (06-07-2023),mth123 (06-07-2023),Revering4Blue (06-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Ya'll sure turned on Stephenson. Can't wait for EDLC to have a bad strech. Or even day.
    THIS! It's flat out ridiculous the hate Stephenson receives. All he has ever done is hit. He is coming off SHOULDER SURGERY. He may not return to form till next year. I know he is below average defensively. But catcher with a good hit tool doesn't grow on trees. Not everyone has to be a power hitter. It's foolish to give up on him this soon.
    Let's see if he bounces back to form. I'm giving him till at least mid season 2024. If the results are still the same then there is a problem. I have no problem with him hitting lower in the order. But to give up on him now is foolish.
    You're exactly right. As soon as EDLC has a slump he will get hate by some as well.

7. Likes:

Dingers4Duvall (06-07-2023),goreds2 (06-07-2023),icehole3 (06-07-2023),Revering4Blue (06-07-2023)

As a Reds fan from the 70's, I'll say it's always good to beat the Dodgers. Especially a walk off, come from behind win.

That had to be one of the best nights GABP had experienced in quite some time. Maybe since Jay Bruce hit the walk off HR to clinch the NL Central.

I watched ELDC's first two AB's on the MLB Network. ELDC certainly looks like he will be around for a long time. You can see the talent just dripping off him. That was the first time I had saw him play at all. He does remind you a lot of Eric Davis. I hope he can stay away from injury unlike Davis.

The MLB Network is latching onto the ELDC effect. Tonight's game is the free game of the day on MLBTV and tomorrow is also.

It looks as though the position player dominoes are falling into place. This off season it will be up to ownership to go out and get the pitching pieces for this team to truly contend. Let's see if they will do it?.?
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 06-07-2023 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

757690 (06-07-2023),goreds2 (06-07-2023),icehole3 (06-07-2023),KeefeCato (06-07-2023),Ky Fried Redleg (06-07-2023),NebraskaRed (06-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I disagree. Elly and McLain had very little AAA experience. It made perfect sense to give them at least April there. Elly was coming off an injury. No way he was ready to play in Cincinnati at that point

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    ·
    11h

There's a chance that sometime down the road, we're talking about this game as a really memorable moment in Reds history and a proving point for the team.

Come back against the Dodgers. McLain walk off. Electric Elly.

The types of moments that this Reds season is all about.

12. Likes:

757690 (06-07-2023),cumberlandreds (06-07-2023),goreds2 (06-07-2023),KeefeCato (06-07-2023),Revering4Blue (06-07-2023),Sea Ray (06-07-2023)

How is Fraley's hand today? I hope there aren't any broken bones. LeCure and the other guy said nothing about how he was doing in the postgame show.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I noticed everyone saying McLain should be released was awfully quiet tonight. Goes to show you that you shouldn’t call for a player to be released when they’re playing MVP level baseball. Own that embarrassment and think twice next time and enjoy a great young ballplayer in his early prime.
    Not sure if joking..but if this is serious, gonna need you to show your work.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I will never forget where I was for Elly's first game. Long story. I won't bore you with. But it is a unique place where I was. A once in a lifetime location for me. And I ignored my surroundings and watched the game on my phone.
    Of course the tight wad that I am. Using a friend's ID and Password to watch.

16. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-07-2023)

LanceMcAlister
    @LanceMcAlister

Yea....I'll do it
    I'll go full blow hyperbole
    I'll go overly dramatic

Tell me this doesn't feel like a new beginning.....a new era of Reds baseball.

Certainly not completed....
    Still waaaaaay early in process
    But building
    Buckle freakin' up!

18. Likes:

goreds2 (06-07-2023),KeefeCato (06-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I will never forget where I was for Elly's first game. Long story. I won't bore you with. But it is a unique place where I was. A once in a lifetime location for me. And I ignored my surroundings and watched the game on my phone.
    Of course the tight wad that I am. Using a friend's ID and Password to watch.
    Absolutely not surprised in the least. LOL
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Time for a Benson bomb (I can dream, ok?)
    You meant Wednesday, right?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Senzel has absolutely not been one of the most productive reds hitters this season
    5th on the team in Wins-Above-Average.

5th on the team in Wins-Above-Replacement.

4th on the team in Offensive-Runs-Above-Replacement.

3rd on the team in Win-Probability-Added.

3rd on the team in Base-Outs-Runs-Added.

4th on the team in Power/Speed Number. (The harmonic mean of HR and SB. To do well, you need a lot of both. Developed by Bill James.)

2nd on the team in Fewest-At-Bats-Per-RBI.

3rd on the team in WPA Clutch. (The difference between context-dependent WPA and the context-neutral WPA.)

With Runners-In-Scoring-Position, he's hitting .357/.431/.476/.908 That's 2nd on the team in Average and On-Base-Percentage. He knocks runners in and keeps rallies going. (Matt McClain has ridiculous numbers of .409/.458/.636/1.095....it wasn't a coincidence that he had the game-winning hit in today's game. He'll continue to excel in clutch situations.)
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?