Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Excited about this team for the first time in ages

Re: Excited about this team for the first time in ages

It seems to me that McLain and De La Cruz were called up at the right time, not the wrong time.

2. Likes:

757690 (06-08-2023),bagz (06-10-2023),cumberlandreds (06-08-2023),Roy Tucker (06-08-2023),Wonderful Monds (06-08-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I wonder if Phil C will have the restraint not to say "I told you so" in the next couple of years? I wouldn't bet on it
    I wouldn't bet on it either, and depending on how its worded he will come off as an ass again. Its one thing to say "I told you so", its another to say "I understand why fans were skeptical, thankfully the plan we put into action has worked out even better than we could have hoped for and look forward to keeping the momentum going"

Based upon prior commits, I have full belief if things work out we will get more of the former and less of the later. However, as long as they work out, I will be happy
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

On the first day of spring training, Jonathan India said that he wanted the Reds to play with emotion, even if outsiders view it as too much emotion.

The Reds’ walk-off win over the Dodgers was full of it.

“The energy is immaculate.”

David Bell brought this up pregame today:
    "I want our players to be able to express themselves and be joyful. When that happens, it’s all about us. It’s all about their appreciation for one another and excitement.
    There’s so much that goes into this. The ups and downs. You work hard and stay with it. When something good happens on the field, to be able to show that is really nice. I’m supportive of that when our team does that. It makes me very happy to be able to enjoy that moment together. When good things happen, it’s nice to celebrate it and for that to be ok."

6. Likes:

bagz (06-10-2023),goreds2 (06-09-2023)

Hard agree with David Bell. SO much more fun to watch with the team able to be themselves.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-08-2023)

We are mere playthings to the gods of baseball.

They give us Joe Morgan, Jose Rijo, Barry Larkin, and Johnny Bench. But they also give us Carlton Fisk, Joe Rudi, Bud Harrelson, and Al Leiter.

Just jump on the bus and see where it goes. And enjoy the ride no matter how high or low it takes us.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

10. Likes:

757690 (06-08-2023),Bourgeois Zee (06-08-2023),dfs (06-08-2023),Revering4Blue (06-09-2023),RFS62 (06-09-2023),Ron Madden (06-08-2023),westofyou (06-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

They give us Joe Morgan, Jose Rijo, Barry Larkin, and Johnny Bench. But they also give us Carlton Fisk, Joe Rudi, Bud Harrelson, and Al Leiter.

Just jump on the bus and see where it goes. And enjoy the ride no matter how high or low it takes us.
    Al Leiter? Really? You had to bring up Al Leiter?
    Why don't you just say Voldemort?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-09-2023),RedsfaninMT (06-08-2023)

Baseball is like this, could be good, could be bad

Joe Rudi is the name that me break out in hives!

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-08-2023)

Joe Rudi? I was thinking the big joke was giving us Gene Tenace.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    Joe Rudi? I was thinking the big joke was giving us Gene Tenace.
    As Tony Kubek would say, Gene Teh-nah-chay.

I thought about it but figured Rudi was enough of a gut punch for 1972.

19. Likes:

RFS62 (06-09-2023),Ron Madden (06-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Al Leiter? Really? You had to bring up Al Leiter?
    Why don't you just say Voldemort?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    I was at that game. Even if they played 50 innings, the Reds weren’t going to score. Worst game I’ve attended in my life. And I’ve been to a lot of bad games.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Joe Rudi is the name that me break out in hives!
    I was living in Detroit then, I was a Tiger fan big time. My dad and I went to some big games that year, including the clincher and the Joe Coleman big K game. By the end of that series I HATED the A's and three years later we moved to Cincinnati and boy did I get the Rudi hate. Because I had it too

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it either, and depending on how its worded he will come off as an ass again. Its one thing to say "I told you so", its another to say "I understand why fans were skeptical, thankfully the plan we put into action has worked out even better than we could have hoped for and look forward to keeping the momentum going"

Based upon prior commits, I have full belief if things work out we will get more of the former and less of the later. However, as long as they work out, I will be happy
    I think he will take the high road next time. There is no question Phil was liquored-up while on the radio before the Reds' home opener last year. Doesn't excuse what he said (I've made fun of him as much as anyone) but I have a feeling he will be far more measured going forward.

Dan Sewell
    @dansewell

Cincinnati #Reds GM Nick Krall not ruling out buying at MLB trade deadline for playoff push.

The Cincinnati Reds are playing well enough in a tepid division, with much of the young core now on the roster, to inspire realistic playoff thoughts

Story by⁦ @GDubMLB
    https://cincinnati.com/story/sports/...s/70300472007/ via ⁦
    @Enquirer

Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-09-2023 at 10:16 AM.

25. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-09-2023),goreds2 (06-09-2023)

to inspire realistic playoff thoughts
    Words I never thought we’d see this year. A long way to go but Reds baseball is worth watching in June for the first time in a long while.

27. Likes:

RFS62 (06-09-2023),Ron Madden (06-09-2023)

Turn Off Ads?