Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/26/2023 Reds vs Brewers DAY GAME 2 PM

Re: 7/26/2023 Reds vs Brewers DAY GAME 2 PM

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I really enjoyed Gettysburg.
    See any ghosts?
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Turn Off Ads?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bayonetts.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	20026

Bayonets!!!!!

4. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-26-2023)

Young , Farmer and Law is the pen today. Or at least the first 3 to pitch. Desperately need6 from Lively. If Lively gets hit hard. I'd use Weaver to finish the game then DFA him immediately afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    See any ghosts?
    Nope but lots of weird stuff at night.

Duarte really screwed us royally last night by not being able to get three outs with a four-run lead. Diaz had to throw 14 high stress pitches that he shouldn't have had to throw until today at the earliest.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

See any ghosts?
    Never seen any but my wife still talks to this day about an area of the battlefield we drove through a long time ago that she had extremely bad vibes.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice town. We go there a lot since it's not far away at all.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-26-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Never seen any but my wife still talks to this day about an area of the battlefield we drove through a long time ago that she had extremely bad vibes.
    I want to visit Gettysburg so badly. I love history, especially Civil War history. I wrote a paper in college once on why the North won the war.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

I want to visit Gettysburg so badly. I love history, especially Civil War history. I wrote a paper in college once on why the North won the war.
    Did you give Captain Joseph Votto the credit he deserved?

I'm old enough to remember when we didnt have the Dh and our pitchers had a better batting average than Votto...Please sit him...

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Did you give Captain Joseph Votto the credit he deserved?
    No, and let me tell you, he was pissed !!! Four-letter expletives galore from Joseph for my omission.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

13. Likes:

Brisco (07-26-2023)

This is the place to be where I live. I live close Gettysburg, Antietam and quite a few other battlefields within a day trip distance. There is a small one close to Waynesboro, Pa I have been wanting to see when we go over that way. It's Monterey Pass. It's one Custer was involved in after Gettysburg. It's a small and shouldn't take long to take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

No, and let me tell you, he was pissed !!! Four-letter expletives galore from Joseph for my omission.
    I assume Votto was Union since he was from the far north.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This is the place to be where I live. I live close Gettysburg, Antietam and quite a few other battlefields within a day trip distance. There is a small one close to Waynesboro, Pa I have been wanting to see when we go over that way. It's Monterey Pass. It's one Custer was involved in after Gettysburg. It's a small and shouldn't take long to take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Gettysburg and Yellowstone are on my bucket list.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

- - - Updated - - -

Canadians vote for both North and South in the Civil War, but Capt. Votto is clearly wearing a northern uniform in his twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Canadians vote for both North and South in the Civil War, but Capt. Votto is clearly wearing a northern uniform in his twitter.
    Quick trivia question on the subject of Canadians and War…. What was the first conflict in history where an American went into combat without a single Canadian at his/her side?

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-26-2023)

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	votto.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	20027
    ---- Bill Vaughn

- - - Updated - - -

Have you been to where The Battle of the Wilderness was fought?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff337 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when we didnt have the Dh and our pitchers had a better batting average than Votto...Please sit him...
    This isn't exactly a way to win over long-time posters on this site. Batting average? Come on.

Turn Off Ads?