Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 152

Thread: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

  1. #1
    Just a Fan RiverfrontRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,212

    Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Growing up in Huntington, on the Ohio River about 3 hours from Cincinnati and 4 hours from Pittsburgh in the era of The BRM and the Steel Curtain, it was easy to become a fan of both. I've loved them both my whole life.

    Anyone else here at RZ a Steelers fan? Maybe we could keep a thread going through the season...


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Playoffs ?? !! goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    4,120

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Same as me. I grew up Big Red Machine then a classmate told me about the Steel Curtain Steelers and I was hooked. I have stuck with them rain or shine since then.

    I also got hooked on Dr. J and the 76ers during the 70’s. CBS seemed to broadcast them every weekend.

    See my signature.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

  4. Likes:

    RiverfrontRed (09-12-2023)

  5. #3
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    12,090

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    They'll be a ton of them this coming Sunday, hoping that they beat the Browns.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Same as me. I grew up Big Red Machine then a classmate told me about the Steel Curtain Steelers and I was hooked. I have stuck with them rain or shine since then.

    I also got hooked on Dr. J and the 76ers during the 70’s. CBS seemed to broadcast them every weekend.

    See my signature.
    The talent on those particular Sixer squads went 12 deep.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  6. Likes:

    goreds2 (09-12-2023)

  7. #4
    Just a Fan RiverfrontRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They'll be a ton of them this coming Sunday, hoping that they beat the Browns.
    Good point! Lol

  8. #5
    Playoffs ?? !! goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    4,120

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They'll be a ton of them this coming Sunday, hoping that they beat the Browns.
    It will actually be Monday but I see your point.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

  9. Likes:

    Kingspoint (09-12-2023)

  10. #6
    Just a Fan RiverfrontRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Tonight's game strenthened my conclusion that Pickett is not the guy.

  11. #7
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    24,504

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Tonight's game strenthened my conclusion that Pickett is not the guy.
    Neither is DeShawn Watson. He is holding that team back more than injuries are

  12. #8
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,629

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Neither is DeShawn Watson. He is holding that team back more than injuries are
    nah, pretty sure the best RB in the league that was carving up the Steelers before he was injured is going to hold the team back more than Watson
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  13. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (09-19-2023)

  14. #9
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    24,504

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    nah, pretty sure the best RB in the league that was carving up the Steelers before he was injured is going to hold the team back more than Watson
    With the Cleveland maulers up front, any RB would do well as we saw with Ford. It's their QB not protecting the ball and grabbing facemasks that is more troubling

  15. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (09-20-2023)

  16. #10
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,307

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Tonight's game strenthened my conclusion that Pickett is not the guy.
    I always thought Pickett was a bad pick. Curious as to your opinion on this, I don't think Pitt drafts him if he isn't a home grown kid who played at Pitt. The guy was an old QB when he was drafted so I don't see a ton of growth going forward.

  17. #11
    Just a Fan RiverfrontRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I always thought Pickett was a bad pick. Curious as to your opinion on this, I don't think Pitt drafts him if he isn't a home grown kid who played at Pitt. The guy was an old QB when he was drafted so I don't see a ton of growth going forward.
    I'm not a Pitt Panther fan, so I didn't follow him. At first I was lukewarm on the pick. Then I got optimistic with how he finished his rookie year. Especially with the comebacks. Then with the way he came out of the gates in preseason, I was super optimistic. A lot of execs/scouts turned analysts were very high on him this summer as well. I was shocked at how poorly he played against SF. And he follows up with another stinker last night. It's going to be a long bumpy ride because the Steelers don't move off of anyone quickly. I would like to see Pickett with an actual NFL OC. Canada is atrocious! But on the pick itself, I'm sure that him being in the same building for 5 years gave them a comfort level with the pick. I'm just not seeing a bright future.

  18. #12
    Just a Fan RiverfrontRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Neither is DeShawn Watson. He is holding that team back more than injuries are
    Browns are getting what they deserve for signing that creep.

  19. #13
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    10,503

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    I'm not a Pitt Panther fan, so I didn't follow him. At first I was lukewarm on the pick. Then I got optimistic with how he finished his rookie year. Especially with the comebacks. Then with the way he came out of the gates in preseason, I was super optimistic. A lot of execs/scouts turned analysts were very high on him this summer as well. I was shocked at how poorly he played against SF. And he follows up with another stinker last night. It's going to be a long bumpy ride because the Steelers don't move off of anyone quickly. I would like to see Pickett with an actual NFL OC. Canada is atrocious! But on the pick itself, I'm sure that him being in the same building for 5 years gave them a comfort level with the pick. I'm just not seeing a bright future.
    I'm at nearly the same place. I hate the fact that the O-Line is still terrible and it's just mind-numbing that Canada's still around. That makes it tough. I gave him last season to work out some of the kinks. But the clock is ticking away for me as of Game 1 of this season. I'm not seeing the progress I had hoped for with his reads have not been good and his accuracy, when given any time at all, is down. The pick he almost threw last night on what should have been a throwaway was just brutal. Pickett's going to need to string together some solid games, and right quick.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  20. Likes:

    redhawkfish (09-19-2023),Revering4Blue (09-19-2023),RiverfrontRed (09-20-2023)

  21. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    9,989

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    They won like Lewis sometimes would steal wins when Dalton was way off during that 2011-15 run. Timely turnovers. At least the Steelers have that and a pass rush. Which is something the Bengals don’t have right now.

  22. #15
    Eight bosses? Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eight, Bob.
    Posts
    3,236

    Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Browns are getting what they deserve for signing that creep.
    Exactly. Why couldn't they go out a get a high character guy, like Ben Roethlisberger.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

  23. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (09-20-2023),Chip R (09-20-2023),RedTeamGo! (09-20-2023)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator