Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

Russ is an upgrade to Kenny, no question.

I was hoping they would stick with the hometown kid out of loyalty. I think Russ was a bad fit in Denver, but I suspect Kenny is a bad fit anywhere.

He doesn't exactly fit the prototype for a Pittsburgh Steeler, but he does still have plenty of offseason time to get all roided up and maybe hit up an exhibition game somewhere to trip someone from the sidelines.
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Ok, then name a QB the Steelers should have targetted that would have A) fit within their cap and B) guaranteed them a winning season. Go for it.
    The one on their roster already.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Russ has his limitations but I can't blame the Steelers signing him for the league minimum. That means they can keep/acquire talent elsewhere to mitigate Russ' shortcomings.
    I agree with this but you also said with this signing that they need to draft a qb in 2025, if not 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Ok, then name a QB the Steelers should have targetted that would have A) fit within their cap and B) guaranteed them a winning season. Go for it.
    Its the Steelers... Season Starts... Some good stuff happens... Some bad stuff happens... At the end of the day they're usually on the positive side of the W/L record.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I like the signing...as long as Russ doesn't freelance and understands Smith's offense. I thought in spots last season he was good in Denver but with a new regime the writing was on the wall for him. He's not a turnover machine and can manage a game and allow the Defense to win them games which is what they needed. He still throws a nice deep ball his issue though is he holds onto it a bit long which generates some bad sacks.

It's a good signing when you consider the cost...
    For this to work Pittsburgh needs to really invest in the offensive line. They got Broderick Jones last year and this year is a good draft for OL with a couple of centers available late first round.

He is an upgrade over Pickett. As long as he isn't trying to be "the guy" and just takes care of the ball and let's the defense do it's thing it could pay off. He could easily be this years Baker Mayfield.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WVRed; 03-11-2024 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (03-12-2024)

Steelers reportedly will sign former Raven ILB Patrick Queen to a 3-year/41 million dollar contract. That's another solid signing, and will allow Pittsburgh to focus on other positions of need in the draft (Center, CB, OT, DL).
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

9. Likes:

goreds2 (03-12-2024),Revering4Blue (03-12-2024)

They just traded Diontae Johnson to Carolina for basically a pick swap. Moving from 240 to 178.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They just traded Diontae Johnson to Carolina for basically a pick swap. Moving from 240 to 178.
    It was probably a 50/50 flip whether Johnson would make it to the regular season; has both contract and behavioral issues that popped up. Along with the 6th-for-7th round pick swap, the Steelers received CB Donte Jackson. I don't know a ton about Jackson, other than he suffered an achilles injury a couple years ago. He did start 16 games for Carolina last year, so that might be the CB move we've been waiting for. Jackson is a bit on the expensive side, it looks like, so who knows how that plays out. Now I need to move up WR as a draft need I guess.

Uncharacteristically active offseason for the Steelers- sign a QB and a Punter, then the deal for a CB.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 03-12-2024 at 10:25 PM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-12-2024)

Steelers just sent Pickett to the Eagles in a pick swap.

He asked to be traded when they signed Russ.

If they can win with Mitch and Pickett they sure can with Wilson. Since that 1989 season when they started 0-2 and got out scored 10-92 and still made the playoffs with the most negative point differential and yardage difference imaginable. They put the ugly in winning ugly when their offense is down prehistoric and terrible. They will win with a defense and letting other teams F themselves. Like the 2022 opener in Cincinnati or the first Baltimore game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Steelers just sent Pickett to the Eagles in a pick swap.

He asked to be traded when they signed Russ.

Noooooooooo
    I believe there is a special place in hell for people that buy entities that others "root for" and treat it like any other regular business from a profit/loss standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    If they can win with Mitch and Pickett they sure can with Wilson. Since that 1989 season when they started 0-2 and got out scored 10-92 and still made the playoffs with the most negative point differential and yardage difference imaginable. They put the ugly in winning ugly when their offense is down prehistoric and terrible. They will win with a defense and letting other teams F themselves. Like the 2022 opener in Cincinnati or the first Baltimore game last year.
    Russ is basically going to be Ryan Tannehill in Smith's offense. Do enough not to lose.

That said, hes on a prove it deal and it kinda makes you wonder if the Steelers could look at a QB (Bo Nix) first round.

Fields to Steelers for a conditional 2025 pick.

18. Likes:

goreds2 (03-16-2024)

Well, this is one interesting offseason. Not a big fan of Fields if he were coming in as the starter, and we'll have to see how his contract plays out because his fifth year option is untenable (25+ million). We'll now on or by May 2nd. But, for now, he's an affordable backup for a 6th rounder that's unlikely to turn into a fourth unless Wilson gets hurt for an extended period of time.

As for Pickett...what a Milo that guy turned out to be. First, the refusal to suit up for the Seahawks game last year. Then to demand a trade after you've shown nothing but glimpses of promise while you're in a situation where you may only have to be the #2 for a year (or less, potentially) while learning from a vet QB like Wilson? That's beyond delusional. He should have been more careful with what he wished for, because if he thinks that he's going to get more opportunity to play with Jalen Hurts starting in front of him, he's nuts.

--Ted Williams

“ Although Fields' salary this year is $3.233 million, they'll have to decide by May 2 whether to exercise his fifth-year option to the tune of $25.664 million. “

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ed/ar-BB1k2Al1
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?