Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

Steelers’ bill came due today for the nice calls they got last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

With the talent that Pickens has it's amazing to me that he virtually disappears when Dionte is on the field.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    With the talent that Pickens has it's amazing to me that he virtually disappears when Dionte is on the field.
    Pickens' route tree changes and the offensive line is so bad that Pickett rarely has a chance to get through a full progression sequence. And, although his hands can be suspect at times, DJ is one of the best in the business at getting himself open.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

6. Likes:

goreds2 (10-30-2023),Revering4Blue (10-29-2023)

Pickett's tunnel-vision with Johnson is ridiculous.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Steelers first team in NFL history to have this result despite being out-gained in each of first eight games

Perhaps the most surprising part of that 5-3 record: In each of their first eight games, the Steelers' opponent had more offensive yards than they did. This marks only the 34th time in NFL history a team was out-gained in each of the first eight weeks, per the Elias Sports Bureau ... and the first time ever that one of those teams has had a winning record.

In total, the Steelers have been out-gained by 790 yards this season and outscored by 30 points. Somehow, even as their opponents are racking up more yards and points, Mike Tomlin's Steelers are finding ways to get checks in the win column.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...t-eight-games/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I wonder if the Steelers are going to be in this purgatory for quite a while now. Good enough to be competitive, not good enough to be a serious contender, and will end up right around .500 and drafting in the middle to late first round.

The Steelers may be a team that needs a hard reset, a bad season that gives them a top 5 pick and allows then to draft a franchise QB. I don't think Pickett is that.

dp
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-03-2023 at 03:22 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wonder if the Steelers are going to be in this purgatory for quite a while now. Good enough to be competitive, not good enough to be a serious contender, and will end up right around .500 and drafting in the middle to late first round.

The Steelers may be a team that needs a hard reset, a bad season that gives them a top 5 pick and allows then to draft a franchise QB. I don't think Pickett is that.
    I have been watching condensed games this season and last, thanks to the interwebz.

Pickett plays just well enough not to get benched. Every once in a while, he has one of those good games where you think he might turn the corner. Then the following week, he's sailing passes again. But you can't bench him. Because, you know, "he's ok...".

I don't wish injury on any NFL player, but I especially don't wish injury on Kenny Pickett. Because QB injury is the only way the Steelers get out of this 7-9 win purgatory they are in, and that's not something I'm rooting for.

The Bengals had a QB that Pickett reminds me of. Super nice guy. Team player, all of that. He would play 'ok' against the bottom-feeders and mediocre teams of the NFL, and get destroyed against the elite teams. He was like the Anti-John Elway.

His name?

Jon Kitna. As far as Steelers go, Pickett's high water mark looks a lot like Bubby Brister.

I hope the Steelers keep running Kenny Kitna out there for many years to come. Warms my heart, it does.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-03-2023),wally post (11-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I have been watching condensed games this season and last, thanks to the interwebz.

Pickett plays just well enough not to get benched. Every once in a while, he has one of those good games where you think he might turn the corner. Then the following week, he's sailing passes again. But you can't bench him. Because, you know, "he's ok...".

I don't wish injury on any NFL player, but I especially don't wish injury on Kenny Pickett. Because QB injury is the only way the Steelers get out of this 7-9 win purgatory they are in, and that's not something I'm rooting for.

The Bengals had a QB that Pickett reminds me of. Super nice guy. Team player, all of that. He would play 'ok' against the bottom-feeders and mediocre teams of the NFL, and get destroyed against the elite teams. He was like the Anti-John Elway.

His name?

Jon Kitna. As far as Steelers go, Pickett's high water mark looks a lot like Bubby Brister.

I hope the Steelers keep running Kenny Kitna out there for many years to come. Warms my heart, it does.
    I was gonna say Andy Dalton. Has to have everything else going right in order to succeed.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-03-2023)

What is it with the Steelers and primadonna wide receivers?

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...instagram-nfl/

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The 1989 Steelers opened 0-2 outscored 10-92 and lost to the Bengals twice. They made the playoffs. The Bengals at 8-8 did not. I’ve seen enough of their BS their way to win games during their down years. The Cliff Stoudt year of 1983 was just beyond excruciating. Let alone the Bubby and Kordell stuff.

The difference I see is that the Bengals also now seem to be able to BS their way to win games this way as well. Back in the 80s they would F up some way even with all that talent. 1981. 1982. 1988. All that great offense talent. Enough on defense to at least win 9-10 games with that talent but they could not from 83-85 and 89.

Back to the Steelers. They looked good running the ball. I would watch for them trying to do this more moving forward. Pickett looks like Dalton for 3 quarters then prime Raider Ken Stabler when the game is in the balance. Other teams play scared or do stupid things. Playing to the shirt or some BS like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The 1989 Steelers opened 0-2 outscored 10-92 and lost to the Bengals twice. They made the playoffs. The Bengals at 8-8 did not. I’ve seen enough of their BS their way to win games during their down years. The Cliff Stoudt year of 1983 was just beyond excruciating. Let alone the Bubby and Kordell stuff.

The difference I see is that the Bengals also now seem to be able to BS their way to win games this way as well. Back in the 80s they would F up some way even with all that talent. 1981. 1982. 1988. All that great offense talent. Enough on defense to at least win 9-10 games with that talent but they could not from 83-85 and 89.

Back to the Steelers. They looked good running the ball. I would watch for them trying to do this more moving forward. Pickett looks like Dalton for 3 quarters then prime Raider Ken Stabler when the game is in the balance. Other teams play scared or do stupid things. Playing to the shirt or some BS like that.
    IF they can hang around in a game long enough, the Steelers are very good at capitalizing on an opponent's "choke" potential. Call it the "Flacco Factor", if there needs to be a term for it. It's stupid, it causes high blood pressure, and it's negated with any appearance of Mitch Trubisky, but it's real.

I'd prefer that they win games by the offensive line blocking well, executing plays that weren't written in crayon, and the QB hitting simple throws, but I get what I get.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    IF they can hang around in a game long enough, the Steelers are very good at capitalizing on an opponent's "choke" potential. Call it the "Flacco Factor", if there needs to be a term for it. It's stupid, it causes high blood pressure, and it's negated with any appearance of Mitch Trubisky, but it's real.

I'd prefer that they win games by the offensive line blocking well, executing plays that weren't written in crayon, and the QB hitting simple throws, but I get what I get.
    Unless Trubisky is playing the Bengals, then he looks like the second coming of Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Unless Trubisky is playing the Bengals, then he looks like the second coming of Tom Brady.

I was in Cinci at the game in 2000 (I think that's the year) when Kordell Stewart threw up three TD passes and hung 48 points on the Bengals. It was like watching a baby giraffe win an Olympic figure skating gold medal. No one knew what the heck just happened, me included.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I was in Cinci at the game in 2000 (I think that's the year) when Kordell Stewart threw up three TD passes and hung 48 points on the Bengals. It was like watching a baby giraffe win an Olympic figure skating gold medal. No one knew what the heck just happened, me included.
    Here's the Bengals QBs on that 2000 roster:
    4 Scott Covington
    19 Scott Mitchell
    11 Akili Smith

The defense was trash.
    Zero playmakers on either side of the ball.

This was the season that the Bengals head coach actually walked off and quit mid-season too, if memory serves. That's how bad it was.

I was hoping Kordell would be behind center for many years to come, but it was not to be. After a brief stint with Miracle Maddox, some guy from Ohio showed up and solidified the QB position for the next 20 years, en route to his inevitable NFL Hall of Fame induction.

Now I'm just happy they keep rolling out Kenny Brister every week.

Because the only thing better than a 4-12 Steelers season, is a 7-9 Steelers season, with glimmers of hope right up until the end there. Warms this ole chunk of coal's heart, it does.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-07-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Turn Off Ads?