Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

Re: Any Other Steelers Fans On Here?

The Steelers are so popular that I get enough nationally and regionally televised games that I don't need to buy NFL Sunday Ticket. But I've become convinced that the price I pay for it is having to deal with Bob.

If Bob's married, I guarantee his wife isn't a Bengals fan, because those girls never expect a ring.

How many Bobs does it take to lift a Lombardi trophy? Only one, but a Steelers fan would have help him find it and explain what it's for.

It's been said that if a you gave a monkey a typewriter and let it hammer away at the keys long enough, eventually you'll get a novel. If a Bob types for the same amount of time, all you'll get is an excuse.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-14-2023),dubc47834 (11-13-2023),redhawkfish (11-14-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

"If Bob's married, I guarantee his wife isn't a Bengals fan, because those girls never expect a ring."

Didn't the cue cards tell you to tell the joke differently? I would think this would make more sense:

If Bob's married, I guarantee his wife is a Bengals fan, because those girls never expect a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The Steelers are so popular that I get enough nationally and regionally televised games that I don't need to buy NFL Sunday Ticket. But I've become convinced that the price I pay for it is having to deal with Bob.

If Bob's married, I guarantee his wife isn't a Bengals fan, because those girls never expect a ring.

How many Bobs does it take to lift a Lombardi trophy? Only one, but a Steelers fan would have help him find it and explain what it's for.

It's been said that if a you gave a monkey a typewriter and let it hammer away at the keys long enough, eventually you'll get a novel. If a Bob types for the same amount of time, all you'll get is an excuse.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

SteelSD (11-14-2023)

Once again the Steelers luck out in terms of timing. Browns are not going to start PJ Walker. They’re going with Dorian Thompson-Robinson in only his second career start and his first one didn’t go too good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Once again the Steelers luck out in terms of timing. Browns are not going to start PJ Walker. They’re going with Dorian Thompson-Robinson in only his second career start and his first one didn’t go too good

Didn't matter. Myles Garrett absolutely destroyed the Steelers
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Didn't matter. Myles Garrett absolutely destroyed the Steelers
    He does that to a lot of teams. Very poor QB play from both teams yesterday. That will limit success in the post season and against good teams. Browns' defense is better than the Steelers so that elevates them somewhat

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

What is lost on most Steeler fans is this:

1) They suck
    2) They have been incredibly lucky
    3) We should all be thankful because it means they are (yet again) going to end up with a middling draft pick that they cant use to rebuild or change the franchise.

If you get on these Facebook groups or hear them in general, their fans think they are going to the playoffs.

Most Steeler fans don't live in Pittsburgh, they live elsewhere and are fans just because of the Super Bowls, the 70s mystique.

It is so fun to watch them think they really are good- both sides of the ball they stink, they should be 2-9.

11. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-20-2023)

They might sneak into the playoffs but that doesn’t change what they are, which is a middling team

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They might sneak into the playoffs but that doesn’t change what they are, which is a middling team

As long as they have Pickett they will continue to be a middling team. They have themselves convinced he's the next Steeler great only because he played at Pitt and it's all Dan Canadas fault.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    What is lost on most Steeler fans is this:

1) They suck
    2) They have been incredibly lucky
    3) We should all be thankful because it means they are (yet again) going to end up with a middling draft pick that they cant use to rebuild or change the franchise.

If you get on these Facebook groups or hear them in general, their fans think they are going to the playoffs.

Most Steeler fans don't live in Pittsburgh, they live elsewhere and are fans just because of the Super Bowls, the 70s mystique.

It is so fun to watch them think they really are good- both sides of the ball they stink, they should be 2-9.
    Oh, none of that is lost on me, Dom, nor is it actually lost on most Steelers fans I see online (check out steelersdepot.com), nor the Pittsburgh media (just listen to the Breakfast With Benz podcast at triblive.com).

Ain't no one happy right now.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

15. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Oh, none of that is lost on me, Dom, nor is it actually lost on most Steelers fans I see online (check out steelersdepot.com), nor the Pittsburgh media (just listen to the Breakfast With Benz podcast at triblive.com).

Ain't no one happy right now.
    For the first ten weeks it was "Fire Matt Canada."

I think the real issue has hit some of them, it is just not a good team.

All snark aside and you know I love to trash talk that dreaded franchise....but winning isnt what they need to be doing right now.

And these Bengals fans hoping for the team to do well without Burrow....just why? Take the draft pick.

I think the Steelers beat the Bengals this week, they are bad but they arent that bad.

All snark aside and you know I love to trash talk that dreaded franchise....but winning isnt what they need to be doing right now.

And these Bengals fans hoping for the team to do well without Burrow....just why? Take the draft pick.

I think the Steelers beat the Bengals this week, they are bad but they arent that bad.
    I agree on a couple points. First one is that the worst thing middling teams can do is go 9-8. It's far better to crash and burn for a couple seasons and pick up elite players like Burrow and Chase

Secondly, it behooves the Bengals to lose out. Why win a few and go 8-9? Let's draft in the top half and go from there

As for this week's game, I expect them to lose but they did pull it together and beat the Steelers a few yrs ago with a backup so we can't rule that out

18. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-20-2023)

I think so too but I'm curious how Pittsburgh does offensively. They've been outgained against most teams and Cincinnati's offense will likely fall with Browning at QB.

Always think black and gold makes it way into Paycor this weekend. Always been a problem before even with the Bengals winning but with morale at an all time low and Burrow gone I imagine tickets will be easy (and cheap) to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think so too but I'm curious how Pittsburgh does offensively. They've been outgained against most teams and Cincinnati's offense will likely fall with Browning at QB.

Always think black and gold makes it way into Paycor this weekend. Always been a problem before even with the Bengals winning but with morale at an all time low and Burrow gone I imagine tickets will be easy (and cheap) to come by.

I think the Bengals lose this weekend. I think they can make a hero out of a meh guy like Kenny Pickett.

Would love to add a top half of the draft guy as Sea Ray said. Would go a long way in replacing people we are going to lose.

21. Likes:

WVRed (11-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Even with the extremely unfortunate Burrow injury that effectively means the end of legitimate contention this season, unless you're aware of something I'm not, morale isn't even close to being at an all time low.

Turn Off Ads?