Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Here's what I meant:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...js2nnQ26s%3D19

Mahomes with a giant pocket...and blanket holding not called

The NFL is as unsavory a sports league as there is. Outcomes of games have been influenced by league officials for years. Has only gotten worse with even bigger money influence.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 10-04-2023 at 01:02 AM.
    Its the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

2. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (10-05-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    The NFL is as unsavory a sports league as their is. Outcomes of games have been influenced by league officials for years. Has only gotten worse with even bigger money influence.
    Yep, with all the different ways to bet on games, there are infinite ways for players, coaches, and referees to influence outcomes one way or another.

Tee, if you drop two passes in a row, I'll deposit 5 million in your offshore account.

Stupid referee, give me a phantom holding call on the 5th play of the 2nd quarter, and I'll make it worth your while.

Coach... call a run play 3 times in a row and all that debt you racked up will be gone.

To act like stuff like this isn't going on all the time, is beyond naive.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-04-2023),Ky Fried Redleg (10-04-2023)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Ms3Ypo/

Kinda feel like this team needs a speech like this.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Ms3Ypo/

Kinda feel like this team needs a speech like this.

I wonder if he gave that speech after each playoff loss...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

8. Likes:

WVRed (10-03-2023)

Anyone think if the season continues to go south cash in on Tee Higgins before the trade deadline?

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Anyone think if the season continues to go south cash in on Tee Higgins before the trade deadline?

I doubt he'll have much value but if you can get better than a 3rd for him do it. We'll likely get a 3rd rd pick as comp if he leaves as a FA

They don't need to move Higgins he is part of the solution...I could see them moving Chido though with DJ Turners early results being positive. Bills just lost Tre White to an Achilles tear...could get a 3rd or 4th
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    They don't need to move Higgins he is part of the solution...I could see them moving Chido though with DJ Turners early results being positive. Bills just lost Tre White to an Achilles tear...could get a 3rd or 4th
    Sounds like D J Turner will have to start this weekend to fill in for an injury.

Don't know if Chido's problems are from him missing so much time, or if he simply didn't prepare himself well during his rehabilitation. But, he hasn't been anywhere close to what he was two years ago. The same kind of dropoff happened with Bates from 2020 to 2021, and then Bates turned it up 3 notches in December and January. Maybe Awuzie just needs some time to get back to his elite status as a Slot Corner.

So, after that horrific pounding that Burrow took Sunday, he said that this is the best he's felt after a game all season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-04-2023 at 05:32 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Irv Smith practiced today. He missed the last two weeks.

He's brought absolutely nothing to the team so far this season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The RT that replaced Orlando Brown in Kansas City has already committed 10 penalties...in just four games.
    Not counting the 74 times this season he has lined up illegally and never been called.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Trade him to the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bengals don't seem to think so. They are far apart on a contract and it's going to be difficult to keep him AND Chase along with Burrows new contract.

I mentioned it only because Carolina is supposedly going all in to get a receiver for Bryce Young and Higgins would be a WR1 there in an area he's from and played college ball at.

If Burrow is so good, why does he need 3 tier-1 WRs? It should be Chase and a bunch of nobodys at WR. Reallocate that money to defense, the offensive line, TE, anywhere else. Besides RB.

The answer of course, has nothing to do with Burrow. Zac Taylor's dogpoop offense needs a generational QB, 3 tier-1 WRs and a good blocking offensive line. Also, a decent TE. Absent any ONE of these things, and the wheels fall off of the cart.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

19. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (10-05-2023),Kingspoint (10-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    If Burrow is so good, why does he need 3 tier-1 WRs? It should be Chase and a bunch of nobodys at WR. Reallocate that money to defense, the offensive line, TE, anywhere else. Besides RB.

The answer of course, has nothing to do with Burrow. Zac Taylor's dogpoop offense needs a generational QB, 3 tier-1 WRs and a good blocking offensive line. Also, a decent TE. Absent any ONE of these things, and the wheels fall off of the cart.
    This is correct. He shouldn’t even need a tier 1 WR, really. Brady had a tier 1 WR for one season.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is correct. He shouldn’t even need a tier 1 WR, really. Brady had a tier 1 WR for one season.
    He had Moss for 3 seasons. Branch was a borderline tier 1 and he had him forever.

I think you need 1, but yeah you can’t pay premiums for 2 or 3 receivers.

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-05-2023)

Turn Off Ads?