Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1007

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

  1. #61
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    8,698

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Nah that is pretty well confined to one poster who has never had one positive thing to say about any player.
    Yeah I was about to say, there's not a contingent of Bengals fans turning on Burrow, you find cranks in every fan base.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,383

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think Tua is going to be Lamar Jackson 2.0.

    It'll be a situation where the team isn't 100% committed moving forward but in the end they will pony up the money because the alternative (a rebuild) isn't much better.

    Miami is interesting though because how much of their success is based on Tua and how much is based on a system offense that teams will eventually catch up to? Reminds me of Mike Martz and the Rams in the 90s. Once teams made adjustments, Kurt Warner was done.

    Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Tua is probably a better passer than Jackson, but not nearly as good of a rusher. What the Dolphins have built is pretty explosive, but you have to wonder about the longevity of Tua. The hits he took last year are scary, and I don't get the notion that McDaniel is 100% committed to Tua.

    Kurt Warner is a HOF QB who did take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl, came within inches of winning that SB. So I don't exactly see the comparison between the two. You may be right, once teams make adjustments against Miami things will change. But as of right now they are pretty damn explosive, and they have Hill and Waddle, one of the better WR combo in the league.

  4. #63
    Member LiferJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    2,570

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He is hurt.
    Exactly, jeesh
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

  5. #64
    Winning is fun. RiverRat13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,953

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Up until McDaniels, Tua was on the verge of being a bust. And even with McDaniels, he still hasn't proven he can stay healthy. I'm not necessarily directing this at you, but I'm astonished at how the media and fans became such prisoners of the moment when giving their opinions on all things related to the NFL. We're still literally in September, but everyone has anointed the Dolphins the Super Bowl favorite, Joe Burrow is washed and the Browns as the team to beat in the AFC North.
    That part is probably true. The Browns defense is legit.

  6. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,537

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He is hurt.
    Do you want me to explain, again, why he got hurt?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Nah that is pretty well confined to one poster who has never had one positive thing to say about any player.
    On the other hand, there are some posters here who think he’s untouchable when it comes to criticism.

    Korey can’t even admit it was Burrow and/or Zac’s own fault that he’s hurt.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 09-28-2023 at 04:24 PM.

  7. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,537

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Yeah I was about to say, there's not a contingent of Bengals fans turning on Burrow, you find cranks in every fan base.
    I’m not turning on him. Im just curious why many are not blaming him for this injury. I expect the highest paid player in the game to play like the highest paid player on the game. Again, this is how this whole thing works and will continue to work until his time here is done. He will take up a a very large portion of our salary cap in the very near future. If he’s not performing at that level, then we’re gonna end up with certain fans on this forum who are just happy to make the playoffs….at best.

  8. #67
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    20,437

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Do you want me to explain, again, why he got hurt?

    - - - Updated - - -



    On the other hand, there are some posters here who think he’s untouchable when it comes to criticism.

    Korey can’t even admit it was Burrow and/or Zac’s own fault that he’s hurt.
    No, I saw the post about what Rocky Boiman said on 700wlw. Doesn’t make it any less silly. Players play hurt all the time. If he wasn’t playing because of his injury I’m sure you wouldn’t be saying “the highest paid player in the league can’t tough out a soft tissue “injury”?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  9. Likes:

    KoryMac5 (09-28-2023),LiferJim (09-28-2023),oregonred (09-28-2023)

  10. #68
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    4,042

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Do you want me to explain, again, why he got hurt?

    - - - Updated - - -



    On the other hand, there are some posters here who think he’s untouchable when it comes to criticism.

    Korey can’t even admit it was Burrow and/or Zac’s own fault that he’s hurt.

    2nd day of camp a lot of guys are sore…and a lot of guys play through that soreness.

    For some reason you just laser in on things and beat them to death…last year it was Hill and why he wasn’t playing. This year it’s Burrow and his calf and how Zach or Burrow botched the injury.

    I just don’t know how players can anticipate soreness turning into something bigger especially on the 2nd day of camp. Seems normal for athletes to work through soreness and get treatment before and after practice.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  11. #69
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,593

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    There's a part of me that wants to go Sonny Weaver Jr and offer Tee Higgins and three first round picks for Justin Jefferson.

    I know the math would never work out but could you imagine Burrow having both of his top receivers from LSU together?

    Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  12. #70
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,631

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Glad you aren't the GM

  13. Likes:

    Hillsdale87 (09-29-2023),Kingspoint (09-29-2023)

  14. #71
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    12,529

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    I hope the Bengals paid attention to the tape from Monday Night.

    If they didn't see that the only successful throws by Burrow that produced 10-20 yards on a play were passes between the hashmarks, then the Browns are going to take a hard look at Taylor and begin to force him to give up play-calling duties. The Browns are stupid. They saw what everyone else saw....that none of the throws outside the hashmarks produced anything other than drive-killing plays.

    There's no rule that says you have to use a TE in football. When you have one of the best in the NFL as a WR3 in Boyd with a catch percentage better than anyone else who runs routes in the league, and who has the body of a TE when it comes to using it against Safeties and Linebackers to create an open spot for Burrow, and who also has great run-after-catch abilities, the solution is quite simple. Use Boyd on as many plays as Chase and Higgins. He's not even aged like he should be as he's been a less than 50% play guy for a couple of seasons now.

    There can also be two in the backfield (it should help the blocking and protection of Burrow). Higgins is big enough to run seem routes, too. He can run all of his routes in the seems if they wanted to do it, and then when the Defense starts to expect it and tries, double-move from the inside to the outside and there's a TD waiting for Burrow if he can sail it high enough to compensate for his inaccuracy right now so that Higgins can run under it. Chase is not the only Receiver they should be getting creative with.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  15. #72
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    4,042

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I hope the Bengals paid attention to the tape from Monday Night.

    If they didn't see that the only successful throws by Burrow that produced 10-20 yards on a play were passes between the hashmarks, then the Browns are going to take a hard look at Taylor and begin to force him to give up play-calling duties. The Browns are stupid. They saw what everyone else saw....that none of the throws outside the hashmarks produced anything other than drive-killing plays.

    There's no rule that says you have to use a TE in football. When you have one of the best in the NFL as a WR3 in Boyd with a catch percentage better than anyone else who runs routes in the league, and who has the body of a TE when it comes to using it against Safeties and Linebackers to create an open spot for Burrow, and who also has great run-after-catch abilities, the solution is quite simple. Use Boyd on as many plays as Chase and Higgins. He's not even aged like he should be as he's been a less than 50% play guy for a couple of seasons now.

    There can also be two in the backfield (it should help the blocking and protection of Burrow). Higgins is big enough to run seem routes, too. He can run all of his routes in the seems if they wanted to do it, and then when the Defense starts to expect it and tries, double-move from the inside to the outside and there's a TD waiting for Burrow if he can sail it high enough to compensate for his inaccuracy right now so that Higgins can run under it. Chase is not the only Receiver they should be getting creative with.
    I would think they might be in the market to trade for a TE...Bengals Wire mentioned Kyle Pitts as a hypothetical. I would be shocked if it happened though. ATL has said no way when Dallas was rumored to be interested.

    Charlie Jones to IR so Bengals lose their punt returner. Irwin will handle punts.

    Devin Harper poached from the Cowboys to help in a special teams role with ADG banged up
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 09-30-2023 at 10:00 AM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  16. #73
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,593

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Pitts isn't a traditional TE. He's used as somewhat of a flex WR/TE type. I suspect Brock Bowers will be used that same way.

    Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  17. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    502

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I would think they might be in the market to trade for a TE...Bengals Wire mentioned Kyle Pitts as a hypothetical. I would be shocked if it happened though. ATL has said no way when Dallas was rumored to be interested.

    Charlie Jones to IR so Bengals lose their punt returner. Irwin will handle punts.

    Devin Harper poached from the Cowboys to help in a special teams role with ADG banged up
    Atlanta isn't utilizing Pitts well, but I'd imagine it would still take a lot to get him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. Likes:

    Kingspoint (10-01-2023),Revering4Blue (09-30-2023)

  19. #75
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    12,529

    Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Tua is probably a better passer than Jackson, but not nearly as good of a rusher. What the Dolphins have built is pretty explosive, but you have to wonder about the longevity of Tua. The hits he took last year are scary, and I don't get the notion that McDaniel is 100% committed to Tua.

    Kurt Warner is a HOF QB who did take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl, came within inches of winning that SB. So I don't exactly see the comparison between the two. You may be right, once teams make adjustments against Miami things will change. But as of right now they are pretty damn explosive, and they have Hill and Waddle, one of the better WR combo in the league.
    And, they've been doing it basically without their All-Pro LT who is getting healthy very fast.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator