Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

"So Fla Red"

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    IMO even with a healthy Burrow, they'd still have lost to Cleveland and Baltimore. Only Tennessee was a game that I'd like to have back
    They lost 27-24 with an immobile statue for a QB that couldn't throw 10 yds downfield. Bad luck the Ravens home game was in the first month of this season

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    They lost 27-24 with an immobile statue for a QB that couldn't throw 10 yds downfield. Bad luck the Ravens home game was in the first month of this season
    He couldn't even move inside the pocket. 10 yards past the LOS was asking a lot. And, how many passes were dropped?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I am old enough to remember when many people though Joe was out for the year, they should rest him and tank the season.

They looked good Sunday night. And just ripped off two wins against playoff teams. It seems as if Joe is getting his swagger back, Tee is playing much better, and Lou has a good understanding of the current defense.

Cam Taylor Britt looks like a stud. Having a lock down CB in the NFL can go a long way to a teams success.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am old enough to remember when many people though Joe was out for the year, they should rest him and tank the season.

They looked good Sunday night. And just ripped off two wins against playoff teams. It seems as if Joe is getting his swagger back, Tee is playing much better, and Lou has a good understanding of the current defense.

Cam Taylor Britt looks like a stud. Having a lock down CB in the NFL can go a long way to a teams success.
    You bring up a good point. Us fans were led astray by several medical folks who chimed in and said after Joe reinjured himself that he would not recover unless he sat for two months or so. These folks were clearly proven wrong by Joe. Where are they now?

Things are looking better, but the Bengals are still in last place, and 0-2 within the division. Any more slip ups will put a playoff spot in jeopardy.

I like how they’re playing, but it’s still a tough situation, especially if the other division teams keep winning.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

You bring up a good point. Us fans were led astray by several medical folks who chimed in and said after Joe reinjured himself that he would not recover unless he sat for two months or so. These folks were clearly proven wrong by Joe. Where are they now?
    It's amazing how wrong people can be when they engage in idle speculation without all the information of people on the inside, isn't it?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Things are looking better, but the Bengals are still in last place, and 0-2 within the division. Any more slip ups will put a playoff spot in jeopardy.

I like how they’re playing, but it’s still a tough situation, especially if the other division teams keep winning.
    They've still got their work cut out for them but a silver lining to their tough schedule is that they have an opportunity to knock off a lot of teams who may be competing with them for WC spots or seeding

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-08-2023)

Twitter/X is loaded with PT's and Doc's speculating on injuries and recovery timelines its the wild west out there.

Athletes are a different breed....when responding to injuries.

You and I may get 1 week of PT for an hour they get treatment for multiple hours which speeds up recovery time. Plus we as fans don't get to see the medicals.

So a calf may take out a recreational runner like me for 6 weeks where as a MLB or NFL player might be able to perform at an earlier timeline.

I am always amazed at how quickly athletes recover...

Chase will be an interesting to watch in regards to his back injury going forward he sounded like he may not play this week but given the medical staff he has access to he may recover in time for Sunday.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

The lesson here is:

Never speculate on the interwebz, unless you are willing to endure the wrath of others who speculated on the interwebz, but turned out to be correct, or at least, not as incorrect.

Also, loving the cognitive bias here, in regard to Burrow's calf injury and whether he should have rested it or not. It turned out ok this time. Nice.

I had a relative that was a reckless driver. Flying around hairpin turns on mountain-sides, in the rain. Stupid crap like that. We would plead with him to slow down, but he never would. His rationale? He's never been in a wreck, so he must not be doing anything wrong.

"Burrow made it through the calf injury, without sitting the first few games, so he must not have needed to sit, and anyone who suggested otherwise, is a quack doctor."

Seems legit. Go with that, interwebz chorus.

I think it was Russian Roulette to play Burrow in the first few games. Just because a bullet wasn't in the chamber each time they pulled the trigger, doesn't change my mind. YMMV.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-07-2023 at 01:59 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Having no education and experience in sports medicine, physiology, orthopedics, or any other specialty that would give some insight, and having no access to anyone's medical files, I can't imagine why one would feel justified forming any kind of an opinion on the matter. Better to realize that that the people taking care of a $250M+ investment DO have the expertise and judgement to make the best decisions for both the player and the team, and any input I, or any other lay person might offer would probably send them into hysterics.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The lesson here is:

Never speculate on the interwebz, unless you are willing to endure the wrath of others who speculated on the interwebz, but turned out to be correct, or at least, not as incorrect.

Also, loving the cognitive bias here, in regard to Burrow's calf injury and whether he should have rested it or not. It turned out ok this time. Nice.

I had a relative that was a reckless driver. Flying around hairpin turns on mountain-sides, in the rain. Stupid crap like that. We would plead with him to slow down, but he never would. His rationale? He's never been in a wreck, so he must not be doing anything wrong.

"Burrow made it through the calf injury, without sitting the first few games, so he must not have needed to sit, and anyone who suggested otherwise, is a quack doctor."

I think it was Russian Roulette to play Burrow in the first few games. Just because a bullet wasn't in the chamber each time they pulled the trigger, doesn't change my mind. YMMV.
    Whether he should have played the first few games is something different than what I was referring to. I picked up this issue after the decision to play him had already been made AND he reinjured the calf. At that point we were told that he'd have to sit out for awhile or else it wouldn't heal. That turned out not to be true

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post

They are currently the last team into the playoffs despite being in last place in the division. Helps beating up on the NFC West (4-0).

The race will get more interesting as the season progresses. The Bengals currently play or have played everyone ahead of them in the AFC standings except for the Dolphins. If they peel off some wins it could really open things up.

The problem I see is this week coming up. Stroud looks like the real deal, Chase could be out, and the Ravens are four days after.

The division is very winnable. Baltimore has a very tough slate with the Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Rams, Jaguars, Niners, Dolphins, and Steelers. I'm honestly more worried about Cleveland and think the division could come down to Week 18.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The lesson here is:

I know I went back and forth on should or shouldn't he play...I think a lot of us did.

Burrow is a huge investment for the team if they let him play it could be because they got really good medical advice on the risks of him doing so.

From what I understood the tweak in the Baltimore game was a separate from the original strain which could have changed to timetable.

Regardless on to Houston and hoping Chase is ready to play.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They are currently the last team into the playoffs despite being in last place in the division. Helps beating up on the NFC West (4-0).

The race will get more interesting as the season progresses. The Bengals currently play or have played everyone ahead of them in the AFC standings except for the Dolphins. If they peel off some wins it could really open things up.

The problem I see is this week coming up. Stroud looks like the real deal, Chase could be out, and the Ravens are four days after.

The division is very winnable. Baltimore has a very tough slate with the Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Rams, Jaguars, Niners, Dolphins, and Steelers. I'm honestly more worried about Cleveland and think the division could come down to Week 18.

So you think we should root for Clev this week? I'm torn

So you think we should root for Clev this week? I'm torn
    I would. Anything to muddy up the waters.

As long as the Bengals take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?