Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals Part III: De Ja Vu?

The D has been smoke and mirrors...without the turnovers they are a bottom unit in the AFC. 544 yds of offense by the Texans reminds me of Lou's first years here. Game should have been much worse. Still no pass rush outside of Hendrickson.

I am not even going to watch Thursday.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Likes:

OldFashionedRed (11-12-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Boyd catches that ball its a Bengal WIn,, The defense better step up as they looked awful most of the game, poor tackling and leaving receivers open to make catches...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    These Houston receivers are WIDE open
    It's been that way all season no matter who Houston goes up against.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Seems like every single time the “Lou will get snatched up for sure this time” talk fires up, the defense has just an absolute dud of a game.

At the same time, 27 points be damned… the offense was truly awful today.
    They only gave up 48 points their last 3 games going into this one and that was against outstanding Offenses. They were ahead of where they should have been half-way through the season. It should take until December before the Secondary gains the experience where they will have more consistency. Up until now, like the last couple of years and the Zimmer years, they've been a bend-but-don't break style of Defense. They get incredibly stingy inside the Redzone, and even more stingy inside the 10. They are consistently getting interceptions and that's been from Week 1 this season. They're also getting pressure on the opposing Quarterback when it's important, like 3rd Downs and inside the Redzone. The Total Yards are never going to be similar to BAL or PIT, as that just isn't their style of Defense. It's more about points against for them, and they've been really good in that front until today. Stroud and his Receivers and their Offensive Coordinator have been outstanding. Don't see Lou fail to adjust at Halftime and especially late in the game very often.

All the credit goes to the Texans.

Totally expect the Bengals to beat the Ravens on Thursday. It's just too bad that Chase sacrificed himself for this game because of Higgins being out. Now I have to wonder if Chase won't miss Thursday's game. Higgins is needed badly Thursday.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

CJ Stroud is a stud. As if there weren't already enough elite QBs in the AFC.

It doesn't ease the sting or put the Bengals in a better spot right now but this loss isn't going to look horrible at the end of the year. If you look at the Texans schedule going forward it's not hard at all to envision them in the playoffs.

I think the Bengals are going to need 11 wins to get in and end up somewhere between 9 and 11. They need more depth on the defensive line and should have been active in the trade market this year. Improving in-season might be the last piece of the puzzle, hopefully they'll take that step next year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

8. Likes:

Fil3232 (11-13-2023),Roy Tucker (11-13-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Boyd catches that ball its a Bengal WIn,, The defense better step up as they looked awful most of the game, poor tackling and leaving receivers open to make catches...
    No guarantee that Houston doesn't march down and get the TD if Boyd had caught the pass. In fact, they probably do march it down the Bengals' throats in 90 seconds for the GW TD. Bengals just don't appear good enough. You HAVE to beat the Texans at home.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 11-13-2023 at 06:18 AM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Stopping their momentum sucks but if you told me they would win 2 out of 3 vs SF/Buf/Hou I would take it...

The contrast between offenses was striking yesterday...Bengals need to take more shots stop settling for what the D is giving.

A bit disappointed with Tobin not signing another pass rusher Ossai has all but disappeared since last seasons promise and Murphy is raw.

This division is unreal. We could possibly get a 3rd or 4th place schedule going into next season with a winning record. I don't ever remember a division that was this stacked...maybe the NFC east with Wash, Dallas, Giants, Philly

Hendrickson hyper extended knee expected to most likely miss Thursday..MRI coming

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Hendrickson hyper extended knee expected to most likely miss Thursday..MRI coming
    That’s too bad. It was such a bizarre and unlucky injury that could have a big impact on the Bengals season.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Looks like Hubbard, Higgins, and Hendrickson are all out for Thursday. Though that could change...

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    That’s too bad. It was such a bizarre and unlucky injury that could have a big impact on the Bengals season.
    There were a lot more problems in the game than his injury. The outcome to.this season won't be because of him.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

I was a lot more critical of the Bengals' uneven performances week in and week out, until I started watching condensed games of a few other teams each week.

Results in the NFL are seemingly random, anymore. For just about every team.

I mean, that Bills Broncos game last night. Who on Earth predicts any of that?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Random thought - I'm sure Brian Callahan would like to be an NFL head coach. The best way for that to happen would be for him to convince his dad to come coach the offensive line in Cincinnati until he gets his own head coaching job (and then take him with him).

Hendrickson dressed for practice...big developement.

Bengals 0-14 on the road in primetime games courtesy of Jay Morrison. Let that sink in...

Turn Off Ads?