Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Announce Dates For Redsfest

Reds Announce Dates For Redsfest

Reds announce dates for Bally Sports Redsfest in December

The Cincinnati Reds have announced the dates and times for one of the most highly-anticipated offseason events for fans, Redsfest.

In a release on Tuesday, the Reds announced the two-day event will be held on Friday, Dec. 1, from 3-10:30 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 2 from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

The event will once again be held at the Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati.

Redsfest tickets will go on sale Monday, Nov. 6. Reds Season Ticket Members will receive complimentary tickets to Redsfest.

The event is an opportunity for Reds fans to meet and interact with some of their favorite current and former players, receive autographs, take pictures and participate in kids-only events and interactive games.

Redsfest will also feature a Celebrity Poker Tournament on Dec. 2 with a guaranteed $10,000 first prize.

To learn more and to purchase tickets, click https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/redsfest

Additional details on Redsfest schedules, events, policies, and procedures will be announced later.

Story Here:
    https://www.wlwt.com/article/reds-an...ember/45498832
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 10-10-2023 at 05:54 PM.

2. Likes:

goreds2 (10-10-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Announce Dates For Redsfest

Might not be one next year since they are renovating the Convention Center next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-11-2023)

Haven't gone in probably 10+ years. Might go this time, especially if Votto is signing autographs.

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-11-2023)

Will likely be in Sharonville or NKY for a couple of years after this. Not nearly the same size, but I think there's too much demand to not have it during construction.

9. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (10-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlamar View Post
    Will likely be in Sharonville or NKY for a couple of years after this. Not nearly the same size, but I think there's too much demand to not have it during construction.
    I don't know about that. Several years ago they cancelled RedsFest for a year or two. Can't quite remember why but I think it was financial. But they could have put it in Sharonville or NKY then but they just didn't have it at all.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-16-2023)

It was for 2 years because of COVID .2020 kind of made sense, but the 2021 cancellation was questionable

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I don't know about that. Several years ago they cancelled RedsFest for a year or two. Can't quite remember why but I think it was financial. But they could have put it in Sharonville or NKY then but they just didn't have it at all.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-16-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    It was for 2 years because of COVID .2020 kind of made sense, but the 2021 cancellation was questionable
    I know they canceled because of COVID and 2021 was because there was a work stoppage. And they could have had something but COVID was a convenient excuse.

I'm talking like 10-15 years ago.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-16-2023),UKFlounder (10-16-2023)

Today's Redsfest is a far cry from the early festivals -- but they've all been a hit with fans
    One evening in 1996, then-Cincinnati Reds chief operating officer John Allen and then-marketing director Cal Levy were having dinner at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse and jotting ideas down on a napkin.

Etched among the barbecue sauce stains was the initial blueprint for an offseason event to help ease the winter chill for Reds fans and get them excited for baseball a few months early.

That night, Redsfest was born.

"Coming off the strike of '94, '95, I did a lot of walking around the stands and talking to people and took phone calls," said Allen, who retired from the Reds in 2007 after 13 seasons. "The two things that stuck out in my mind was they wanted more interaction with the players and more indications of the team's history. I said, 'Let's do that. Let's get baseball out there in the minds of fans in the dead of winter.' "

The timing was right. Redsfest succeeded in reconnecting fans to the team after a few tumultuous years on and off the field with the players' strike and the suspension of club owner Marge Schott. It thrived as a modest gathering for the first few years, drawing around 10,000 fans for the inaugural event in January 1997.

Redsfest was held annually through 2003 before the expansion of the Duke Energy Convention Center forced a two-year hiatus. Allen said an alternate location had been sought, but nothing worked. As it turned out, absence made the heart grow fonder.

"There was a pretty loud uproar when we canceled it," said Allen, who now resides in his home state of Kansas. "I felt bad, but I was pleasantly pleased. It told me this is for real."
    Story Continues Here:
    https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/to...-hit-with-fans

Thanks, Ron. I was only off by 5-10 years. Looking at the Sharonville Convention Center and the NKY Convention Center, Duke Energy Center absolutely dwarfs both facilities. You could fit both event spaces of the NKY building onto the 1st floor of Duke.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-16-2023)

Here's the list of current Players, Coaching Staff, Former Players,and Broadcasters that will be in attendance at Redsfest Dec.1st & 2nd.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/redsfest/appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Here's the list of current Players, Coaching Staff, Former Players,and Broadcasters that will be in attendance at Redsfest Dec.1st & 2nd.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/redsfest/appearances
    Daniel Ray Herrera is worth the price of admission alone
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-26-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by moneyinthebank View Post
    daniel ray herrera is worth the price of admission alone
    alumni

skeeter barnes
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

23. Likes:

MoneyInTheBank (11-26-2023),Ron Madden (11-27-2023)

I remember taking my son there in 1997. There was a snowstorm that night and attendance was sparse. I think we got the autograph of everyone there. Even John Allen.

Brandon Larson was the first round pick and we talked to him for about 10 minutes. He gave my son crap for playing catcher. Jack Mckeon was smoking a cigar. We had a great time. Zach was 9 or 10 then. He’s 35 now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

25. Likes:

lollipopcurve (11-27-2023),pahster (12-01-2023),Ron Madden (11-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I remember taking my son there in 1997. There was a snowstorm that night and attendance was sparse. I think we got the autograph of everyone there. Even John Allen.

Brandon Larson was the first round pick and we talked to him for about 10 minutes. He gave my son crap for playing catcher. Jack Mckeon was smoking a cigar. We had a great time. Zach was 9 or 10 then. He’s 35 now.
    I was still living in Iowa then but I came in for that. I think we went to the Saturday session. I actually got to lay eyes on the author of The Little Red Wagon. You old timers know who I'm talking about. God! I can't believe it was that long ago.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

27. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-28-2023),cumberlandreds (11-28-2023),goreds2 (12-01-2023),Ron Madden (11-28-2023),Roy Tucker (12-03-2023)

I looked at the schedule for both days and I don't see any times for interaction with the front office.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/redsfe...=1701278078296
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

29. Likes:

Roy Tucker (12-03-2023)

Turn Off Ads?