Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade And Free Agent Rumours 2023-24 Offseason

Re: Reds Trade And Free Agent Rumours 2023-24 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    You should probably get rid of those.
    Why? I change them once a month.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

2. Likes:

LeatherPants (11-29-2023),REDREAD (11-29-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Want to see why I get grumpy about this team? Here’s what they’ve done in my lifetime

Attachment 20589
    4 years ago, the Reds acquired Yasiel Puig, Alex Wood, and Matt Kemp. And you are still complaining???

Want to see why I get grumpy about this team? Here’s what they’ve done in my lifetime

Attachment 20589
    Don't worry, eventually it numbs a bit.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Don't worry, eventually it numbs a bit.
    Overall, the industry of being a Reds fan is bleak but there are some serviceable blue collar jobs carrying water for the front office and owners on message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Overall, the industry of being a Reds fan is bleak but there are some serviceable blue collar jobs carrying water for the front office and owners on message boards.
    Name:  IMG_6166.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  99.4 KB

As you can see evidence master is taken.

Signed Larry City Beer.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Name:  IMG_6166.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  99.4 KB

As you can see evidence master is taken.

Signed Larry City Beer.
    The Reds are having their most active offseason since 2019 and there are people here acting like it’s not even happened yet.

The Reds are having their most active offseason since 2019 and there are people here acting like it’s not even happened yet.
    The Reds are faking the fake this off-season. Their late off-season dumpster dive is early this year. They must be trying to confuse the market so FA and other teams won’t make any more deals with the Reds out of confusion. Improving is too scary. And I choose to bury my head in the sand when the owner says they will spend and there’s smoke around the Reds and several players. My evidence dog is sniffing 30 year old evidence. That’s more relevant to me than current evidence. That stuff is for water carriers and apologists.

Signed Larry City Beer

They call me "chef"

It is miraculous that the last time the Reds punted an opportunity to get better, said they were going to be active and didn’t follow through, and generally behaved like they have no real stake in being a good ballclub was 30 years ago in 1993.

I’ll choose to ignore 2010-2013 when this ownership group said they spend and spent and traded to improve the team. Same with 2020. That’s not the evidence my dog is looking for. I choose to live in 1993. Who wants to watch the new Married with Children? I heard Al may have some evidence for my dog sniff up this week.

Signed Larry City Beer

They call me "chef"

I don’t want to be mean here but it’s really sad if the sentiment “4 years ago and then also 10 years ago, we acquired some players that were above ‘warm body’ level” is sincerely delivered by a sports fan to defend their team.

The Reds haven’t won a single playoff series in 28 years.

That sentence doesn’t mean that, 28 years ago, they didn’t win a playoff series.

It means every single year, for 28 years, the Reds have not won a single playoff series.

That includes last year, the year before that, even 2020 and 2010-2013.

It’s not even past tense.

The Reds continue, to this day and beyond, to have not won a playoff series since 1995.

Signing B and C level free agents in 3 off seasons over the last 13 years is not the defense you think it is. Acquiring Alex Wood and Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp and Mike Moustakas and Trevor Bauer is not a sterling advertisement for front office excellence.

13. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-29-2023),Kinsm (11-29-2023),mth123 (11-29-2023),pahster (11-29-2023),Revering4Blue (11-29-2023),SteelSD (11-29-2023),Tuff Nut (11-29-2023),wally post (11-29-2023)

I don’t want to be mean here but it’s really sad if the sentiment “4 years ago and then also 10 years ago, we acquired some players that were above ‘warm body’ level” is sincerely delivered by a sports fan to defend their team.

The Reds haven’t won a single playoff series in 28 years.

That sentence doesn’t mean that, 28 years ago, they didn’t win a playoff series.

It means every single year, for 28 years, the Reds have not won a single playoff series.

That includes last year, the year before that, even 2020 and 2010-2013.

It’s not even past tense.

The Reds continue, to this day and beyond, to have not won a playoff series since 1995.

Signing B and C level free agents in 3 off seasons over the last 13 years is not the defense you think it is. Acquiring Alex Wood and Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp and Mike Moustakas and Trevor Bauer is not a sterling advertisement for front office excellence.
    I’ve been a Reds fan since the mid 80s. Since I was barely able to walk. I get the frustration. Citing 30 years of evidence doesn’t do much unless you do so with some specificity. Prior to this post it seemed to be that the argument was that the Reds won’t spend money or try to acquire real talent this off-season. They’ll just dumpster dive.

First off, while what happened in the later Schott years and the Linder years sucked. Linder likely did have the mindset that is being attributed to the Castellini’s…milk the fans for money and if by some happy accident the team is good then that’s gravy. I really don’t think they had much of any intention of winning when he owned the team.

Again, you were the one citing 30 years. Not me. I know that includes up to the present. Sure. But not all of the 30 years is relevant information. To me, the relevant info is what’s happened during the Castellini ownership group. There’s no doubt they spent hard in both prospect capital and money for extensions between 2010 and 2013. Hell one of the contracts was so big it just came off the books 10 years later. That’s relevant info into what the Castellini ownership group will do to win. They didn’t start rebuilding in earnest until 2016. They did this half in and half out rebuild that sputtered out by 2018. To get out of that they spent their way out of it in 2020. To that point the ownership group spent when they said they would and rebuilt when they said they would. That’s why I think they made a good faith effort to get a SS in 2021. The last tear down was painful. I’m sure there were financial considerations but it seems that maybe they learned from the 2016 edition and took it to the studs like they should have done then. Yes, I get the past 2 years they have dumpster dived after all the big fish had gotten their guys. But those were rebuilding teams. This isn’t. This group IMO has the most talent of any young reds team in my lifetime. Castellini said he would spend. They have been linked to a ton of guys. I believe they will make some noise based upon the evidence I see as relevant. I am not citing the previous spending periods without winning in the playoffs as some sort of win or dig at the other side of the argument. But the argument to this point has seemed to be the Reds won’t spend or try to get better. They have several times with this ownership group. And I think they will now based on that and the way this off-season seems to be shaping out. Your post here was the first time that the quality of the players spent on has come up. That’s a conversation that deserves more discussion in my opinion. But we can’t seem to get past the Reds front office are a bunch of evil Disney cartoon villain types trying to rob the fan base blind to have it.

The Cast years have sucked just as bad. He's owned the team since the winter of '05. Over the past decade they haven't finished better than 3rd in their division.

Don't blame 30 years of ineptitude on Schott and Lindner.

16. Likes:

Falls City Beer (11-29-2023),REDREAD (11-29-2023)

I’ve been a Reds fan since the mid 80s. Since I was barely able to walk. I get the frustration. Citing 30 years of evidence doesn’t do much unless you do so with some specificity. Prior to this post it seemed to be that the argument was that the Reds won’t spend money or try to acquire real talent this off-season. They’ll just dumpster dive.

First off, while what happened in the later Schott years and the Linder years sucked. Linder likely did have the mindset that is being attributed to the Castellini’s…milk the fans for money and if by some happy accident the team is good then that’s gravy. I really don’t think they had much of any intention of winning when he owned the team.

Again, you were the one citing 30 years. Not me. I know that includes up to the present. Sure. But not all of the 30 years is relevant information. To me, the relevant info is what’s happened during the Castellini ownership group. There’s no doubt they spent hard in both prospect capital and money for extensions between 2010 and 2013. Hell one of the contracts was so big it just came off the books 10 years later. That’s relevant info into what the Castellini ownership group will do to win. They didn’t start rebuilding in earnest until 2016. They did this half in and half out rebuild that sputtered out by 2018. To get out of that they spent their way out of it in 2020. To that point the ownership group spent when they said they would and rebuilt when they said they would. That’s why I think they made a good faith effort to get a SS in 2021. The last tear down was painful. I’m sure there were financial considerations but it seems that maybe they learned from the 2016 edition and took it to the studs like they should have done then. Yes, I get the past 2 years they have dumpster dived after all the big fish had gotten their guys. But those were rebuilding teams. This isn’t. This group IMO has the most talent of any young reds team in my lifetime. Castellini said he would spend. They have been linked to a ton of guys. I believe they will make some noise based upon the evidence I see as relevant. I am not citing the previous spending periods without winning in the playoffs as some sort of win or dig at the other side of the argument. But the argument to this point has seemed to be the Reds won’t spend or try to get better. They have several times with this ownership group. And I think they will now based on that and the way this off-season seems to be shaping out. Your post here was the first time that the quality of the players spent on has come up. That’s a conversation that deserves more discussion in my opinion. But we can’t seem to get past the Reds front office are a bunch of evil Disney cartoon villain types trying to rob the fan base blind to have it.
    I think a post like this might be better received if it comes after the Reds bring in a TOR pitcher and not just hoping they’ll do it.

I think a post like this might be better received if it comes after the Reds bring in a TOR pitcher and not just hoping they’ll do it.
    I think any post saying anything remotely positive about the FO would. It’s easy to state how terrible everything is. It’s easy to say the Reds haven’t won since X date. It’s harder to read the tea leaves on positive things. I’m sticking my neck out here and saying that the Reds will improve the team in a significant way this off-season

TMI
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

Turn Off Ads?