Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sweet young cat for a good home.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Sweet young cat for a good home.

This sweet girl started showing up at our house and we've been feeding her on the porch. She recently made her way into our house and has been as sweet as can be, but our cat isn't taking a liking to her, so I'd like to find her a good home. I don't want to put her out again, but our cat is stressing big time. I took her to the vet to check for a microchip and there was none.

Name:  IMG_3537.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  303.3 KB
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Likes:

757690 (10-27-2023),camisadelgolf (10-27-2023),cumberlandreds (10-22-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sweet young cat for a good home.

I live with 17 cats (I know, I know). For anyone reading this, if you're going to bring a cat into a home with pets already living there, it is crucial to have the new cat separated from the other animals for an extended period of time (usually a few days to a couple weeks). They are extremely territorial. After they get used to each other's smells, they have a much better chance of getting along in the future. As a warning, since she has been outside, there is a strong likelihood she brought fleas with her, so get ready to treat them soon. Visit her often, show affection, etc. Please get her spayed, and if you're considering keeping her, lock her in a room with food, water, and a litter box for at least a few days. The cats might never be friends, but there's still a chance they will respect each other's spaces after you keep them separated for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Stop quoting me on things I never said.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Sweet young cat for a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I live with 17 cats (I know, I know). For anyone reading this, if you're going to bring a cat into a home with pets already living there, it is crucial to have the new cat separated from the other animals for an extended period of time (usually a few days to a couple weeks). They are extremely territorial. After they get used to each other's smells, they have a much better chance of getting along in the future. As a warning, since she has been outside, there is a strong likelihood she brought fleas with her, so get ready to treat them soon. Visit her often, show affection, etc. Please get her spayed, and if you're considering keeping her, lock her in a room with food, water, and a litter box for at least a few days. The cats might never be friends, but there's still a chance they will respect each other's spaces after you keep them separated for awhile.
    I've done this a couple times. Building on it, one tactic I employ is that for an hour or two each day, I would gather the "veteran" cats into a single room and allow the new cat to roam the house a bit. The idea is to intermingle the scents without intermingling the cats.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

camisadelgolf (10-28-2023),cumberlandreds (10-27-2023)

Turn Off Ads?