Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1005

Thread: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

  1. #496
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It’ll be penix
    Check out the odds my friend.

    Daniels -1300.

    Hell, make you some money if you are sure.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #497
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    3,005

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Check out the odds my friend.

    Daniels -1300.

    Hell, make you some money if you are sure.
    After OSU lost to Michigan I thought it would be Nix or Penix depending on how that game went. Daniels put up a bunch of stats but who cares? Didn’t play a single meaningful game after week 1.

  4. Likes:

    Sea Ray (12-03-2023)

  5. #498
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,952

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    To me it's gotta be

    1. Michigan
    2. Washington
    3. FSU (if they hold on)
    4. Texas

    And Michigan is the best team in the group, and I think they'll win it all.
    This would be the weakest CFP field in the history of it. Michigan is so lucky. And the funny part is it’s going to get vacated.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  6. Likes:

    *BaseClogger* (12-03-2023)

  7. #499
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    After OSU lost to Michigan I thought it would be Nix or Penix depending on how that game went. Daniels put up a bunch of stats but who cares? Didn’t play a single meaningful game after week 1.
    Truly an odd year for the Heisman.

  8. #500
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    At this moment Fanduel has FSU as a strong favorite to make the playoff and Bama has odds of being left out.

    Make some money bros.

    https://sportsbook.fanduel.com/navig...ab=cfb-playoff

  9. #501
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,952

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Alabama losing to Texas and being left out of the CFP and Michigan playing absolutely nobody OOC and getting the 1 seed illustrates why big named programs have zero reason to play tough opponents OOC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    OSU beat ND 2nd week of the season. Whoopdy do. Means nothing for the CFP (I’m not arguing they should be in the CFP this year). Might as well play Indiana St week 2. Especially with the expanded playoffs starting next year. Zero reason to risk losing a game early
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  10. Likes:

    Mitri (12-03-2023)

  11. #502
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Alabama losing to Texas and being left out of the CFP and Michigan playing absolutely nobody OOC and getting the 1 seed illustrates why big named programs have zero reason to play tough opponents OOC.
    Texas may feel otherwise. They won a golden ticket.

    I don’t dispute your main premise but it sucks that that is where we are.

    Maybe the 12 team playoff will change things up.

  12. #503
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,413

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This would be the weakest CFP field in the history of it. Michigan is so lucky. And the funny part is itís going to get vacated.
    Vacated or not, they're still gonna have to win 2 games and if they do they're the deserving champs. The NCAA, imo, is not a serious organization. Whoever wins the playoff is the champion, even if the SEC screwed themself and Michigan had next level scouting.

  13. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (12-03-2023),Revering4Blue (12-03-2023)

  14. #504
    Member kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Texas gonna be a tough out.

  15. #505
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    29,843

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I guess. I think he’s fine at best and is gonna be a massive nfl bust if someone is dumb enough to take him in the first round.
    There is no way that McCarthy is a 1st round QB pick. No way! Unless some GM wants to lose their job (lol).
    Last edited by GAC; 12-03-2023 at 08:09 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  16. #506
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    29,843

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Winning your conference is critical IMO. Staying undefeated is also an important variable. I'm not so sure I'd kick #4 ranked FSU out because they lost their QB previously, and didn't look too good in their championship game. IMO, neither did Michigan vs #16 no-offense Iowa. Real snorer.

    The #2, #3, and #4 ranked teams did what they had to do - they won their conference championship and remain undefeated. IMO, that's a HUGE plus. Georgia did not, and gets dropped IMO. I here fans and commentators say "They're still one of the top teams in the country!". Yep. Just no longer one of the top 4 teams. And their SoS was #56.

    But I don't see them leaving the SEC out. Huge injustice IMO if that were to somehow occur.

    I'd promote 2-3-4 up to 1-2-3. I'm sorry they earned it IMO. And then drop 'Bama into the 4th spot. I'd loooooove to see a 'Bama-Michigan matchup. The last time this Michigan team (w/ McCarthy) played the SEC it wasn't pretty.

    But Texas has a very strong argument for that #4 spot having beaten 'Bama. Their SoS is #2. 'Bama's is #15. Of all the Conference Championship games, Texas' faced the worst ranked opponent of the whole lot (OSU 9-4 #18).

    And I can see argument that of all the P5 conferences, the ACC was the weakest.

    Whatever decision they come down to is going to upset some people, because all those teams involved, and possibly eligible for the CFP, are all damn good teams, or the committee wouldn't have them ranked where they were. But again. They are not going to leave out the SEC, and they aren't going to include both.

    #1 Michigan
    #2 Washington
    #3 Florida State
    #4 'Bama

    [would love to see a Georgia-Ohio State rematch]
    Last edited by GAC; 12-03-2023 at 08:14 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  17. #507
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    502

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    McCord is a significantly better decision maker (despite ironically throwing a bad pick against Michigan) and is significantly more accurate in the pocket.

    McCarthy is obviously much more athletic and can extend plays. Thatís important and in college can certainly make you look better. But unless your Mahomes or a few other guys itís not transferable to the nfl and McCarthy isnít one of those guys.
    McCord is more conservative than McCarthy, afraid of making a mistake, but that doesn't make him a better decision maker. When you rarely throw with anticipation but wait for someone to be open, then you're going to have fewer mistakes, but you're also going to have fewer good plays.

    You can also see the difference in confidence watching them. One guy aims the ball, one guy unleashes it with confidence.

    But McCarthy has 9 INTs over the last 2 seasons. He's not especially careless.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #508
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    502

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I really hope an undefeated ACC champ is not left out for a 1-loss SEC team. That'd be bad for the game.
    I think it would be far worse if Bama gets left out and FSU gets rewarded for playing in a terrible conference. The ACC is technically a power 5 conference, and yet FSU's only ranked win in conference until yesterday was Clemson (which they only won because Clemson's emergency kicker missed a gimme at the end).

    I get that you play the teams on your schedule, but there's no comparison between the SEC and ACC. Going undefeated in the ACC just isn't that impressive.

    Again, this is why the 12 team playoff will be so much better. No more need to treat each conference the same when the ACC and B12 are trash. Vegas has the top 4 teams as Georgia, Michigan, Bama, and OSU. There's a good chance 3 of them won't be in the playoff because other conferences that didn't have multiple elite teams were gifted easy paths.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. Likes:

    jimbo (12-03-2023)

  20. #509
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,952

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Vacated or not, they're still gonna have to win 2 games and if they do they're the deserving champs. The NCAA, imo, is not a serious organization. Whoever wins the playoff is the champion, even if the SEC screwed themself and Michigan had next level scouting.
    “Next level scouting” is an interesting way of saying “cheating”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  21. Likes:

    texasdave (12-03-2023)

  22. #510
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    19,952

    Re: 2023 NCAA Football: We Don't Give a *Bleep* For the Whole State of Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Alabama losing to Texas and being left out of the CFP and Michigan playing absolutely nobody OOC and getting the 1 seed illustrates why big named programs have zero reason to play tough opponents OOC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    OSU beat ND 2nd week of the season. Whoopdy do. Means nothing for the CFP (I’m not arguing they should be in the CFP this year). Might as well play Indiana St week 2. Especially with the expanded playoffs starting next year. Zero reason to risk losing a game early
    To expand:

    It’s funny. Not only does playing a tough team early in the season not matter, but by the end of the season oftentimes people use it as a negative for teams. For the past month people have been saying “OSU beat a mid ND team, who cares” - People say the FSU win over LSU doesn’t matter, etc. If I am OSU I cancel every OOC game against a P5 opponent moving forward. It means literally nothing. Absolutely nobody is talking about how Michigan’s OOC schedule was a joke and they didn’t play a P5 team this year and they are going to be the 1 seed.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  23. Likes:

    jimbo (12-03-2023)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator