Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 1020

Thread: #2 Pick

  1. #631
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,219

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I know the mocks have Cleveland going hitter, but what if they throw us all a curve?
    Idk man, what if the sky was red and the oceans were pudding?

    Cleveland is taking a hitter and it will likely be Bazzana
    What would you say.....ya do here?


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #632
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    6,680

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Idk man, what if the sky was red and the oceans were pudding?

    Cleveland is taking a hitter and it will likely be Bazzana
    Alright. Then the Reds inevitably take Condon in your opinion?

    BTW, what flavor of pudding? Custard?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  4. #633
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,219

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Alright. Then the Reds inevitably take Condon in your opinion?

    BTW, what flavor of pudding? Custard?
    Of course custard

    Yes, reds will take Condon
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  5. Likes:

    malcontent (05-21-2024)

  6. #634
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    35,262

    Re: #2 Pick

    I want Condon. I don’t care about “oh in his 10 games in the Cape he didn’t go nuts” stuff. Senzel was a Cape Cod legend, didn’t do him any good. I see a prime Kris Bryant in Condon.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  7. Likes:

    membengal (05-21-2024),RedTeamGo! (05-21-2024)

  8. #635
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,219

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I want Condon. I don’t care about “oh in his 10 games in the Cape he didn’t go nuts” stuff. Senzel was a Cape Cod legend, didn’t do him any good. I see a prime Kris Bryant in Condon.
    This is exactly where I am on this issue. This is all just overthinking. Even if Condon busts it is the right pick. You don't pass on a potential Kris Bryant. You just simply do not.

    Its like the Tigers with Spencer Torkelson. He has been a disappointing. Still was the absolutely correct pick.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  9. #636
    Member Mitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,359

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is exactly where I am on this issue. This is all just overthinking. Even if Condon busts it is the right pick. You don't pass on a potential Kris Bryant. You just simply do not.

    Its like the Tigers with Spencer Torkelson. He has been a disappointing. Still was the absolutely correct pick.
    I think we should also take Condon (unless Bazzana is available) but what you just said makes no sense.

  10. #637
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    18,569

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think we should also take Condon (unless Bazzana is available) but what you just said makes no sense.
    Any decision, such as who to draft, carries risk. Even if Condon is the least risky selection, there is still some bust risk there. That would make him the best selection at the time, even if he ultimately busts.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

  11. Likes:

    SirFelixCat (05-21-2024)

  12. #638
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,219

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think we should also take Condon (unless Bazzana is available) but what you just said makes no sense.
    It makes perfect sense.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  13. #639
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,554

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think we should also take Condon (unless Bazzana is available) but what you just said makes no sense.
    Well, sure it does.

    Torkelson hit in college like no other (at the time). His peripherals and analytics were top-notch as well. He made sense for the Tigers as a "fit" and had no background or personal issues that might preclude his pick. Injury history was clean too. Because you can't foresee the future, Torkelson was the best player of that draft at that time. You can't be 100% certain that a player will develop-- the draft is a crap shoot. Luck is involved. He was, simply, the right pick when he was picked

    Now, in a 2024 draft, I'm not sure Condon is the end-all, be-all pick as Torkelson was. Buzzana, to me, is in that same tier. (That's why I believe the Reds' choice is simple as can be-- choose whichever the Guardians don't.) Unless the Reds somehow have a choice of both picks (hypothetically, Cleveland picks Hagen Smith or Joc or Montgomery) and pick the wrong one.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 05-21-2024 at 10:00 AM.

  14. #640
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    6,680

    Re: #2 Pick

    We're in pretty good shape for the 2025 lottery, with a 10.7% chance of winning it.

    We are eligible for it, right?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  15. Likes:

    Mitri (05-21-2024)

  16. #641
    Member Mitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,359

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It makes perfect sense.
    I get what you are saying but there are a handful of better players from that draft. Torkelson certainly had the best numbers but he was a limited prospect defensively and now it looks like he was maxed out in college.

    I think a lot of us fear a similar fate in Condon and if that happens is it the right pick?

  17. #642
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    21,219

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I get what you are saying but there are a handful of better players from that draft. Torkelson certainly had the best numbers but he was a limited prospect defensively and now it looks like he was maxed out in college.
    Tork was still the right pick and I think every single Tigers fan would agree.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  18. #643
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    6,680

    Re: #2 Pick

    My first wife seemed like the right pick at the time. Of course, I was certifiable, but she seemed like the right pick at the time.
    Last edited by malcontent; 05-21-2024 at 11:14 AM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

  19. Likes:

    Mitri (05-21-2024),Redeyecat (05-26-2024),RedTeamGo! (05-21-2024),WrongVerb (05-21-2024)

  20. #644
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,606

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    We're in pretty good shape for the 2025 lottery, with a 10.7% chance of winning it.

    We are eligible for it, right?
    Yeah only the first 6 picks are lottery picks so the Reds are eligible since they picked 7th in 2023. The A's are not eligible since they picked 6th in 2023 and 4th this year. 2025 looks to be a much better prep class headlined by Ethan Holliday.

  21. Likes:

    malcontent (05-21-2024)

  22. #645
    Member RustyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    645

    Re: #2 Pick

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Any decision, such as who to draft, carries risk. Even if Condon is the least risky selection, there is still some bust risk there. That would make him the best selection at the time, even if he ultimately busts.
    All the uneasiness around the slam dunk options just highlights how difficult it is to project hitters IMO. The injury risk to pitchers levels the playing field, but there’s some element that’s just unknowable about hitters until they’re actually standing in the box against Zach Wheeler.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator