Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kidney Stones?

Kidney Stones?

Any of you all ever had one of these? I've had 3 and just had a CT scan Monday due to severe pain in right lower abdomen. They found a 5mm by 6mm stone that they don't think will pass on its own. Problem is, I can't get it zapped until I finish my antibiotics and cough goes away from an upper respiratory virus. I absolutely hate taking medicine, but pain meds are a must when that little sucker starts moving.

Anyone else had to deal with these before?
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kidney Stones?

I had gall stones, and that was a chronic thing. they ended up taking my gall bladder, which has resulted in chronic acid reflux.

Gall stones hurt a lot, but I hear kidney stones are worse. You have my sympathies.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

4. Likes:

LiferJim (12-08-2023)

Yes, I have had some small ones in the past. One day a few years ago I woke up with some pain in my lower back, just assumed I slept wrong or something, kept trying to stretch it out. Around 11 I went to pee and it passed. It didn't hurt on the way out but it must have knicked something because a bunch of blood followed into the toilet. I was freaking out haha. Got the CT scan done and whatnot, found out I had some smaller ones still in there. The doc recommended I drink a couple glasses of water a day with lime squeezed into it. That apparenetly helps shrink them. I haven't had any issues since. I don't drink that much lime water every day, but I do a couple times a week.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

goreds2 (12-08-2023),LiferJim (12-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by LiferJim View Post
    Any of you all ever had one of these? I've had 3 and just had a CT scan Monday due to severe pain in right lower abdomen. They found a 5mm by 6mm stone that they don't think will pass on its own. Problem is, I can't get it zapped until I finish my antibiotics and cough goes away from an upper respiratory virus. I absolutely hate taking medicine, but pain meds are a must when that little sucker starts moving.

I have Kidney disease and have to watch my diet closely, mostly to limit sodium and potassium, but luckily, I've never had a stone or any pain at all in the area. Sorry to hear you have these. I don't ever want one.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

LiferJim (12-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yes, I have had some small ones in the past. One day a few years ago I woke up with some pain in my lower back, just assumed I slept wrong or something, kept trying to stretch it out. Around 11 I went to pee and it passed. It didn't hurt on the way out but it must have knicked something because a bunch of blood followed into the toilet. I was freaking out haha. Got the CT scan done and whatnot, found out I had some smaller ones still in there. The doc recommended I drink a couple glasses of water a day with lime squeezed into it. That apparenetly helps shrink them. I haven't had any issues since. I don't drink that much lime water every day, but I do a couple times a week.
    Fun times huh? lol. I have been drinking about 6 glasses of water a day now for about a week. 3 of the glasses have lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil in them. Whether I pass this one or not before I can get it zapped remains to be seen.

I am going to add more water to my diet and a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 glass of water a day. I read that helps prevent them from developing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes:

goreds2 (12-08-2023),RedTeamGo! (12-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I had gall stones, and that was a chronic thing. they ended up taking my gall bladder, which has resulted in chronic acid reflux.

Gall stones hurt a lot, but I hear kidney stones are worse. You have my sympathies.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. I hate pain meds but they are keeping me sane right now. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I have Kidney disease and have to watch my diet closely, mostly to limit sodium and potassium, but luckily, I've never had a stone or any pain at all in the area. Sorry to hear you have these. I don't ever want one.
    Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you have it under control.

Thank you and your right, you don’t want one of these little barbed suckers

Great news! Just got the procedure scheduled to remove it next Thursday. Wooohooo!

14. Likes:

Chip R (12-08-2023),goreds2 (12-08-2023),mth123 (12-08-2023),Todd Gack (12-08-2023)

I had one “outbreak” maybe 12 years ago. I went in to work at 8 and by 9 I was on the floor in my office with an ice pack. Drove myself to the hospital and they saw how much distress is was in and took me back right away. If there had been a sharp object in the room at that moment, I probably would have dug it out myself. Thankfully they hit me with some IV dilaudid and things got better pretty quick.

I didn’t pass it that day, but the urologist went in about a week later to pulverize it. That was my only experience, thank god.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

16. Likes:

goreds2 (12-08-2023),LiferJim (12-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I had one “outbreak” maybe 12 years ago. I went in to work at 8 and by 9 I was on the floor in my office with an ice pack. Drove myself to the hospital and they saw how much distress is was in and took me back right away. If there had been a sharp object in the room at that moment, I probably would have dug it out myself. Thankfully they hit me with some IV dilaudid and things got better pretty quick.

I didn’t pass it that day, but the urologist went in about a week later to pulverize it. That was my only experience, thank god.
    I know how hard that was, as I drove myself to the hospital one time with one and nearly didn’t make it there.

Glad that’s been your only experience

My wife in the last week:

Issues with "lady parts."
    Had COVID since last Thursday (Today is first day she had enough energy to be somewhat "normal.")
    Found out she had kidney stones AGAIN (first time was when she was pregnant with first son)
    Also found a mass on her liver (Doctor's don't seem to be concerned. Think it's benign.)

So yeah, she hasn't had the best week. Kidney stones are the worst. She said she'd rather go through birth again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

Awful

19. Likes:

LiferJim (12-08-2023)

Supplementing with calcium citrate 200-400mgs will help...

Strawberries, chocolate, rhubarb, soy, nuts, leafy greens can be triggers...as can vitamin c supplements

The only time I ever saw my Dad cry was when he had kidney stones so I desperately try and avoid them like the plague.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

21. Likes:

LiferJim (12-08-2023),Todd Gack (12-08-2023)

Kidney Stones?

Great news! Just got the procedure scheduled to remove it next Thursday. Wooohooo!

What are they going to do, Jim? Surgical removal? Pulverize?

Kidney Stones?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    My wife in the last week:

Issues with "lady parts."
    Had COVID since last Thursday (Today is first day she had enough energy to be somewhat "normal.")
    Found out she had kidney stones AGAIN (first time was when she was pregnant with first son)
    Also found a mass on her liver (Doctor's don't seem to be concerned. Think it's benign.)

So yeah, she hasn't had the best week. Kidney stones are the worst. She said she'd rather go through birth again.

- - - Updated - - -

Awful
    Wow, I’m sorry to hear that. I definitely wish the best for both of you and hope the mass is benign

Last edited by LiferJim; 12-08-2023 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Supplementing with calcium citrate 200-400mgs will help...

Strawberries, chocolate, rhubarb, soy, nuts, leafy greens can be triggers...as can vitamin c supplements

The only time I ever saw my Dad cry was when he had kidney stones so I desperately try and avoid them like the plague.
    Thank you for that information. They will definitely bring a grown man or women to their knees. Brutal

Turn Off Ads?