Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

Re: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I think this is pretty accurate. Yesterday, I was on the CB train as the Bengals like drafting CB's early and they do need one (I hope they sign a vet soon). With that said, I would prefer they draft someone in the trenches since both of their lines need improvements.

I'm also with others and don't think they'll trade Tee. I'd be shocked if they do.

And last, the Bengals have a ton of picks and I expect them to bundle some of them to move up in the latter rounds of the draft. While they don't like trading up in round 1, they have shown to be very open to it in later on.
    I don't disagree that the Bengals need a CB, but it kinda falls in the same category as offensive line in that it's all people want to invest in.

The last two years they've spent draft capital on Cam Taylor-Britt and DJ Turner. CTB is a rising star but shouldn't we see what we have first in Turner this year? He could break through in year two.

That said they did lose Awuzie and Mike Hilton won't be playing here forever. But a veteran on a cheap contract or even a mid round pick that could be developed would be better than drafting one early.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't disagree that the Bengals need a CB, but it kinda falls in the same category as offensive line in that it's all people want to invest in.

The last two years they've spent draft capital on Cam Taylor-Britt and DJ Turner. CTB is a rising star but shouldn't we see what we have first in Turner this year? He could break through in year two.

That said they did lose Awuzie and Mike Hilton won't be playing here forever. But a veteran on a cheap contract or even a mid round pick that could be developed would be better than drafting one early.

They really need a veteran at CB. Right now, they donít have much depth or experience. I do think Turner could turn out to be pretty good and Iím sure heíll be given ample opportunity this year.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Rumor is the Panthers game in Charlotte is in play to be moved to Germany.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Bengals have to go with their board and take the BPA.

In this order for me...

If Brock Bowers is there, you take him. Obviously position of need.

If Quinyon Mitchell is there, you take him. Doesn't matter if he's a CB.

If Laiatu Latu is there, you take him. Doesn't matter that we took an EDGE early last season.

If Byron Murphy II is there, you take him. Position of need.

If Taliese Fuaga is there, you take him.

All of the needs for QB's could push one of these players down to the Bengals.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

In this order for me...

If Laiatu Latu is there, you take him. Doesn't matter that we took an EDGE early last season.

I prefer Jared Verse over Latu.

Other than that, that would be my draft board as well.

I'm kinda hoping Bo Nix or even Michael Penix Jr goes before the Bengals pick at 18. The more of a run on QBs the better player that could fall.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-07-2024)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I prefer Jared Verse over Latu.

Other than that, that would be my draft board as well.

I'm kinda hoping Bo Nix or even Michael Penix Jr goes before the Bengals pick at 18. The more of a run on QBs the better player that could fall.

Also if there's one QB left, some team may pay a fortune to move up.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Please no Brock Bowers, he will be a huge bust.

T'Vondre Sweat, come on down:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...t-arrested-dwi

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

In this order for me...

I think I'll skip Latu. His medicals scare me when you think that the Bengals are a team that's expected to play 20 games per season. 13 in College is one thing. 20 in the NFL every season is quite another and something that's just too risky to use the 18th pick in a very good draft on a player with his past medical issues. We went that route with John Ross and that was a huge mistake.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Team visits per Walter Football updated yesterday...

Cincinnati Bengals
    Brian Abraham, Outside Linebacker, Albany (PRO)
    Erick All, Tight End, Iowa (T30)
    Brock Bowers, Tight End, Georgia (COM)
    Brandon Coleman, Offensive Tackle, TCU (COM)
    Blake Corum, Running Back, Michigan (COM)
    Troy Fautanu, Offensive Guard, Washington (T30)
    Taliese Fuaga^, Offensive Guard, Oregon State (COM, T30)
    Jaden Hicks, Safety, Washington State (COM)
    Michael Hiers, Quarterback, Samford (T30)
    McKinnley Jackson, Nose Tackle, Texas A&M (T30)
    Trey Knox, Tight End, South Carolina (PRO)
    J.C. Latham, Offensive Tackle, Alabama (COM)
    Dwight McGlothern, Cornerback, Arkansas (PRO)
    Jalen McMillan, Wide Receiver, Washington (T30)
    Amarius Mims^, Offensive Tackle, Georgia (COM, T30)
    Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)
    Patrick Paul, Offensive Tackle, Houston (COM)
    Jackson Powers-Johnson, Center, Oregon (COM)
    Chop Robinson, Outside Linebacker, Penn State (COM)
    Justin Rogers, Nose Tackle, Auburn (T30)
    Maason Smith, Defensive Tackle, LSU (T30)
    T'Vondre Sweat, Defensive Tackle, Texas (T30)
    Brian Thomas Jr., Wide Receiver, LSU (COM)
    Xavier Thomas, Defensive End, Clemson (T30)
    Xavier Worthy, Wide Receiver, Texas (COM)

I'm sure there are others, but this is what they have....

Here is the guide for what type of visit:

SR – Senior Bowl meeting.
    EW – East-West Shrine meeting.
    COM – Combine meeting.
    INT – Interested.
    VINT – Very Interested.
    PRO – Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
    LOC – Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
    T30 – Top 30 Private Visit. Prospect making an official Top 30 Visit.
    WOR – Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
    STM – Some Type of Meeting.
    VIR – Virtual Meeting.
    % – indicates more than one meeting at an event.
    ^ – has met with team at more than one event.
    # – indicates meeting set up outside of the 2024 Senior Bowl or the 2024 East-West Shrine Game

Grade the Bengals' overall 2024 Free Agency Class.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ng/ar-BB1lnYYC

Considering that we improved the following positions by a lot:

RT
    SS
    RB
    TE

..., while minimizing the loss of All-Pro D. J. Reader, and obtained for a 1-year, $21M contract with the best FA WR available by tagging T. J. Higgins, where we know he already works in the system,

..., we only got worse at one position,...Slot Receiver, though not really because Gesicki is a Slot Receiver, but we get a huge financial break with him by paying him as a TE.

I give the Bengals' Front Office an A+ for knocking it out of the park while still making it available for them to acquire a June 1st cut or two, depending on how the draft develops.

For the 4th year in a row, I find it shocking how well they did in coming away with players I thought they had no shot at, all while doing it smartly financially.

Add in their retention of RE Trey Hendrickson during training camp last Summer, today's addition of Jake Browning to be our Craig Morton for 2 more years, and the numerous signings that I don't have room to mention who play a part of this 2024 roster, and they have set themselves up to look for the BPA's in this year's draft. Try to find a HOF, two Pro-Bowlers, four Starters, and eight players who make it to the end of their rookie contracts because they earned it. I also hope they can find two regular contributors through the UDFA route, including one future Starter. Doing this will allow us to trade or not resign Veterans we can't afford to keep as a player who makes less has outplayed them, thus helping us with compensatory picks and keeping Burrow, Chase AND Higgins in a Bengals' uniform.

Let me not forget our new SS in Vonn Bell, who Carolina is paying $6M this season, while the Bengals pay him the Veteran's minimum.

Maybe, technically, Battle may be listed as the Starting SS, and Bell the backup, but I think Bell and Battle and Hill end up with the same number of snaps when the season ends, with Geno Stone the one Safety who is on the field the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Beat me to it.

Probably not going to happen though.

Turn Off Ads?