Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

Re: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

[QUOTE=Kingspoint;4689125] He's better than every RT left in Free Agency other than Trent Brown, who simply costs too much. The Bengals continue to amaze me over the last several years with their Free Agency moves. I can't believe we got Trent Brown for next season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gesicki QBs
    Ryan Tannehill
    Josh Rosen
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Brock Osweiler
    Tua
    Mac Jones
    Bailey Zappe

Yeah, I'll take my chances on a 1 year, $2.5 mil deal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Gesicki QBs
    Ryan Tannehill
    Josh Rosen
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Brock Osweiler
    Tua
    Mac Jones
    Bailey Zappe

Yeah, I'll take my chances on a 1 year, $2.5 mil deal
    The worse a QB is, the more dependent he is on the TE and Gesicki still couldn't take advantage of that, so your post means nothing. In addition, Gesicki's drop-rate, blocking ability and route-running has nothing to do with who is the QB.

What does matter is that with the two tackles we now have, it doesn't matter if the opponent knows that a pass is coming. They still aren't getting past our tackles and putting pressure on Burrow. Gesicki now becomes a luxury as a 1st and 2nd down Slot Receiver and as a large Redzone target. We don't need to run 12-personnel with Gesicki now. We can stick with the 11-personnel, a favorite of Zac Taylor's Offense.

I imagine we're going to be running pass-plays on 65% or more of our Offensive snaps next season. Last season we had the 2nd highest percentage at 63.45%.

While Boyd is the most reliable 3rd Down Receiver in the NFL (rarely drops a pass), he would have cost more than the $2.5M and Burrow has other 3rd down options besides Gesicki, Moss being one of them.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The worse a QB is, the more dependent he is on the TE and Gesicki still couldn't take advantage of that, so your post means nothing. In addition, Gesicki's drop-rate, blocking ability and route-running has nothing to do with who is the QB.

What does matter is that with the two tackles we now have, it doesn't matter if the opponent knows that a pass is coming. They still aren't getting past our tackles and putting pressure on Burrow. Gesicki now becomes a luxury as a 1st and 2nd down Slot Receiver and as a large Redzone target. We don't need to run 12-personnel with Gesicki now. We can stick with the 11-personnel, a favorite of Zac Taylor's Offense.

I imagine we're going to be running pass-plays on 65% or more of our Offensive snaps next season. Last season we had the 2nd highest percentage at 63.45%.

While Boyd is the most reliable 3rd Down Receiver in the NFL (rarely drops a pass), he would have cost more than the $2.5M and Burrow has other 3rd down options besides Gesicki, Moss being one of them.
    He has dropped 8 passes in his entire career. Here is a quote about his route running ability,

You may need to listen to Dan Pitcher because he has already said they are running 12 this year.

He's a good, crafty route runner. He's slick, but he can get down the field. Very good hands, makes some acrobatic catches. Has enough quickness to separate.
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/03...parate.”

Seems like your theory on drops and route running is wrong. I don’t think he came he here to block so that is pretty inconsequential.
    “ It is a shame what this worlds gotten to”

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    He has dropped 8 passes in his entire career. Here is a quote about his route running ability,

You may need to listen to Dan Pitcher because he has already said they are running 12 this year.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/03...parate.”

Seems like your theory on drops and route running is wrong. I don’t think he came he here to block so that is pretty inconsequential.
    Running 12 with Gesicki but not expecting him to be a great blocker out of it makes a ton of sense. If teams stay in nickel, you can run it. If they bring a third linebacker back out, you throw it. As has been stated on here before, Gesicki is more of a Boyd replacement than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The worse a QB is, the more dependent he is on the TE and Gesicki still couldn't take advantage of that, so your post means nothing.
    Right. Imagine how much better Kelce's career would have been if he'd had Zach Wilson throwing to him instead of Mahomes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-21-2024),Fil3232 (03-23-2024)

2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

“QUOTE=Kingspoint;4690202]The worse a QB is, the more dependent he is on the TE”

Does this include Brady and Mahomes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LiferJim; 03-21-2024 at 02:01 PM.
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

Chiefs' Defense just took a huge hit. They were forced to franchise-tag L’Jarius Sneed earlier and in the last 24 hours traded him to the Titans for a 3rd Rd pick. Titans then signed Sneed to a 4yr/$76M contract. With Mahomes' contract and the newly resigned Chris Jones, KC simply couldn't afford him.

That’s good for the NFL. But for the Bengals it’s. Are they more improved than the Ravens? If Burrow is healthy all season I will say yes on offense. Just want to see Lou develop a better defense. The Browns and their constant ability to restructure contracts at will. Which is cheating the system in my opinion. Who knows with that QB. Then the Steelers who steal wins from letting other teams do stupid things or just plain luck out on offense in the last quarter of games.

Can the Bengals win games with their defense. The three other teams can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Can the Bengals win games with their defense. The three other teams can.
    Not yet or not often enough. While I believe you should draft the BPA, for a team with Super Bowl aspirations, you have to consider what would help the team the most in the short term too. I’m done with the Bengals redshirting their first round picks like Hill, Murphy and others. I think it’s stupid to waste year on a rookie contract. With that said and the addition of Brown #2 at RT, I think it might be best to draft a NT in the first round. Get a beast to go with Sheldon. CB is an option too, but I’m also hoping they’ll sign a CB soon to fill that hole before the draft.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Not yet or not often enough. While I believe you should draft the BPA, for a team with Super Bowl aspirations, you have to consider what would help the team the most in the short term too. I’m done with the Bengals redshirting their first round picks like Hill, Murphy and others. I think it’s stupid to waste year on a rookie contract. With that said and the addition of Brown #2 at RT, I think it might be best to draft a NT in the first round. Get a beast to go with Sheldon. CB is an option too, but I’m also hoping they’ll sign a CB soon to fill that hole before the draft.
    Do they plan on redshirting their 1st round pick? Or is that just how their draft board falls? And as I say that I remember Murphy and Dax Hill had pretty limited rolls in their rookie seasons only to have things expected of them moving forward.

I think teams get in trouble when they draft need over BPA. Go out there and get the best guy on your board (as long as it isn't a position where you don't need help, QB, LB.) If it just so happens that the BPA is a tackle, go ahead and draft him. The NFL season is a grind and you may need that backup T.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Do they plan on redshirting their 1st round pick? Or is that just how their draft board falls? And as I say that I remember Murphy and Dax Hill had pretty limited rolls in their rookie seasons only to have things expected of them moving forward.

I think teams get in trouble when they draft need over BPA. Go out there and get the best guy on your board (as long as it isn't a position where you don't need help, QB, LB.) If it just so happens that the BPA is a tackle, go ahead and draft him. The NFL season is a grind and you may need that backup T.
    If their 1st rd choice is always a guy that they "redshirt" then I question their choice. They ought to pick a guy that they don't have to redshirt. That negatively affects a guy's value

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If their 1st rd choice is always a guy that they "redshirt" then I question their choice. They ought to pick a guy that they don't have to redshirt. That negatively affects a guy's value
    Williams, Chase, and Burrow were all day 1 starters. Dax and Murphy were guys who they "redshirted."

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Williams, Chase, and Burrow were all day 1 starters. Dax and Murphy were guys who they "redshirted."
    Those 3 were pretty high picks. They'd better be starters out of the gate. Guys like Ross, Price, Ogbuehi, Jackson and Dennard were not. In other words, guys drafted in the 2nd half of the draft haven't gone all that well for this team. That needs to change. In the case of Ogbuehi they knew he wasn't healthy. You don't draft those kind of projects in the 1st rd

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Those 3 were pretty high picks. They'd better be starters out of the gate. Guys like Ross, Price, Ogbuehi, Jackson and Dennard were not. In other words, guys drafted in the 2nd half of the draft haven't gone all that well for this team. That needs to change. In the case of Ogbuehi they knew he wasn't healthy. You don't draft those kind of projects in the 1st rd
    Didn’t Price have some issue with a pec when he was drafted? And, Ross had red alert injury flags all over the place.

Looking at Hill and Murphy, I think they were both bad picks especially when they had clear starters ahead of them limiting their playing time their first year. Hill has been a complete failure so far and Murphy is still behind Hendrickson and Hubbard. Talent wise, this is a Super Bowl caliber team and they really need these first round picks to contribute.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?