Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

Re: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

Diggs traded from the Bills to Texans for a 2nd...they have no wide outs as Gabe Davis left...could we see Higgins land in Buffalo.

Shot down no cap space...so they most likely draft a WR
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 04-03-2024 at 11:51 AM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Diggs traded from the Bills to Texans for a 2nd...they have no wide outs as Gabe Davis left...could we see Higgins land in Buffalo.

What sucks about this trade is it basically sets the market for Tee. A second rounder is the best we can hope for now.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I wish they would have taken a 2nd for him. 20 million more available and you could have signed another WR. A CB like Kendall Fuller? Another DT possibly. They are letting another player dictate to them like Bates. This organization refuses to move on when it’s better for them to do so. Bengals fans act like this guy can’t be replaced. We are talking WR in the NFL now when you are barely allowed to blow on them. What’s the issue here. I know they all like each other but Tee does not want to be here.

You think they can’t find another WR in the draft. They are always available. The Bengals at least have been great at drafting. Development and not having too many diva issues besides Chad Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What sucks about this trade is it basically sets the market for Tee. A second rounder is the best we can hope for now.

No it doesn't.

Diggs is on the downside of his career and is old when it comes to Receivers.

Higgins just finished his first contract and is just entering his prime years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post

Bengals would never trade Higgins to a playoff rival in the same conference. Mike Brown would use his veto to stop that from happening no matter how much the Bills offered.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-03-2024)

All the more reason why the Bengals' goal for the regular season is to secure the #1 Seed in the AFC...

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals...-last-20-games

With nine of the biggest crowds in Paycor Stadium history watching eight wins during the last two calendar years, Cincinnati has established the AFC's most formidable home-field advantage. Echoed by top-five finishes in each of the last two seasons from the league-wide Voice of the Fan survey that measures the game day experience, the Bengals have drawn more than 65,000 in 17 straight Paycor games. And in the last 20 dates, per Elias, the Bengals are the AFC's toughest visit with an .800 winning percentage at home. Their 16-4 record trails only 18-4 San Francisco and 17-4 Dallas since Christmas, 2021.

Two of the nine biggest crowds saw Wild Card playoff victories. The biggest crowd of 67,260 on Sept. 29, 2022, watched the defending AFC champion Bengals beat the Dolphins, 27-15, in a Thursday night game quarterback Joe Burrow threw for 287 yards. But the game that stands out for Schweppe is last season's Sunday night win over Buffalo. If the Bengals were ready for prime time with a 397-yard offensive effort during a 24-18 victory, so were the fans and their striping of "The Jungle."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I wish they would have taken a 2nd for him. 20 million more available and you could have signed another WR. A CB like Kendall Fuller? Another DT possibly. They are letting another player dictate to them like Bates. This organization refuses to move on when it’s better for them to do so. Bengals fans act like this guy can’t be replaced. We are talking WR in the NFL now when you are barely allowed to blow on them. What’s the issue here. I know they all like each other but Tee does not want to be here.

You think they can’t find another WR in the draft. They are always available. The Bengals at least have been great at drafting. Development and not having too many diva issues besides Chad Johnson.
    How do you know anyone offered a 2nd for him?

It's April, so I'm ready to talk draft. Who do we like at #18?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    How do you know anyone offered a 2nd for him?
    I don’t. I said I would have taken a 2nd round pick for him if it was offered. Since there are no rumors that f anything being traded offered. I can only respond to the previous poster who said that’s probably the best that they would have offered for Tee.

The issue this team has with trading players even when it’s in their best interests and possibly their benefit is grating. We are not in the business of making other teams better. Great. How about if at the same time you actually make Your team better too. They want to win every trade and sometimes coming out even is not losing the trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever the best player is at either T or DT is my hope.

Byron Murphy and Tailese Fuaga are the top two on my board. Heard they like Troy Fautanu but IMO he's undersized for a tackle.

If someone like Jared Verse or Quinyon Mitchell falls unexpectedly then I'd take a look.

Not real crazy about Johnny Newton or JC Latham. Amarius Mims might be ok. Tyler Guyton would be a reach at 18.

Brian Thomas Jr could be a Tee replacement.

Second round feels like T'Vondre Sweat as a Reader replacement but his weight is a concern.

Last edited by WVRed; 04-03-2024 at 03:51 PM.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

One of...

OT Fuaga
    OT Latham
    OT Mims

CB Mitchell

DT Murphy
    DT Newton
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

I don't think this really impacts the Bengals and Tee because it was always highly unlikely they were going to trade him, and even less likely than at the start of the offseason because there's no free agents they could now spend his cleared salary on. If it does at all affect them, I agree it's less likely than it already was.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-03-2024)

Higgins isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Higgins isn't going anywhere.
    I agree but I also don't think teams are going to give up what it should take to acquire him.

17. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-04-2024)

If Murphy is there it will be a tough call. This is a rare year where you can probably get a tackle at 18 who would be a top 10-12 pick in another year's draft. But an impact DT would probably help more in 2024. Then again, Trent Brown has a long injury history, so counting on him to stay healthy all season may be folly.

Right now I'm leaning on staying non-committal on what I think they should do. Instead I'll criticize if the guy they take turns out to be a bum but claim I was on board from the jump if who they pick turns out to be a good player.

19. Likes:

WrongVerb (04-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    One of...

OT Fuaga
    OT Latham
    OT Mims

CB Mitchell

DT Murphy
    DT Newton
    I think this is pretty accurate. Yesterday, I was on the CB train as the Bengals like drafting CB's early and they do need one (I hope they sign a vet soon). With that said, I would prefer they draft someone in the trenches since both of their lines need improvements.

I'm also with others and don't think they'll trade Tee. I'd be shocked if they do.

And last, the Bengals have a ton of picks and I expect them to bundle some of them to move up in the latter rounds of the draft. While they don't like trading up in round 1, they have shown to be very open to it in later on.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?