Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

Re: 2024 Cincinnati Bengals: Bounce Back?

They just gave him an 8 million dollar signing bonus and a 1 year 22 million extension.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tee Higgins has also requested (re-requested?) a trade

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    He's the 4th highest paid DE in the league, just agreed to an extension July 27th, 2023, and now he's whining.

What a piece of crap!!!

Good Riddance!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract...erage/dir/desc
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Donít see what Treyís issue is. Heís signed through next year and itís at a really nice salary. Canít expect much more than that at age 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    He's the 4th highest paid DE in the league, just agreed to an extension July 27th, 2023, and now he's whining.

What a piece of crap!!!

Good Riddance!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract...erage/dir/desc
    He's only got one year left but even then they've drafted Myles Murphy as an eventual replacement.

Id file this one under the Jonah Williams requests trade. Unless the Bengals get blown away (they won't), he will be back next year.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Donít see what Treyís issue is. Heís signed through next year and itís at a really nice salary. Canít expect much more than that at age 30

Wants to be somewhere long term.

It's not going to change anything. Bengals don't accommodate trade requests. Carson Palmer and Corey Dillon are probably the two exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

So sounds like he's not even eligible for a new contract until 12 months after his last one.

So basically he should fire his agent

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024),Rdirtypirates (04-24-2024),Sea Ray (04-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    He's only got one year left but even then they've drafted Myles Murphy as an eventual replacement.
    He has two years left through the 2025 season.

His agent totally misjudged the market signing that one yr ext...cap blew up and he now wants a do over.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-24-2024)

Crazy day with 2 of their stars looking to be traded, but I don't think there's any chance either will be traded. First, the Bengals don't operate that way. Second, neither player has any leverage. Third, most likely, they won't get equal value for their worth. Fourth, it's so close to the draft and the replaceable free agents are all signed.

I don't feel bad for either player, especially Hendrickson. Tee is on a franchise tag which is somewhat unfair to the players, but he's making over $20 million next year so he'll be ok financially, I hope . Hendrickson still has 2 years left on his contract and is making around $15/year. What in the world is he expecting and why would any NFL extend him right now? It's stupid and somewhat selfish on his part and the Bengals owe him absolutely nothing more than the contract that HE chose to sign.
    Last edited by Redhook; 04-24-2024 at 10:48 PM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-24-2024),Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

If the Bengals packaged Higgins + pick 18, how high do you think they could get? I don't know that it would be a good decision, but could they get to 5 and get Harrison?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    If the Bengals packaged Higgins + pick 18, how high do you think they could get? I don't know that it would be a good decision, but could they get to 5 and get Harrison?

No way. I would think Higgins + pick 18 maybe moves you up just outside the Top 10. But who knows. There's a lot of speculation that the Vikings are going to trade up into the Top 3-5ish picks. If so, that would probably require both of their 1sts this year, and likely their 1st next year as well.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Crazy day with 2 of their stars looking to be traded, but I don't think there's any chance either will be traded. First, the Bengals don't operate that way. Second, neither player has any leverage. Third, most likely, they won't get equal value for their worth. Fourth, it's so close to the draft and the replaceable free agents are all signed.

I don't feel bad for either player, especially Hendrickson. Tee is on a franchise tag which is somewhat unfair to the players, but he's making over $20 million next year so he'll be ok financially, I hope . Hendrickson still has 2 years left on his contract and is making around $15/year. What in the world is he expecting and why would any NFL extend him right now? It's stupid and somewhat selfish on his part and the Bengals owe him absolutely nothing more than the contract that HE chose to sign.
    Trey isn't going anywhere. I did find it ironic when the news came out that he is unable to sign a new contract until 12 months after his previous contract.

I understand why players don't like playing on the franchise tag, its a one year deal, but most contracts in the NFL are one year deals. Its all about the guaranteed money. I find it hard garnering any sympathy for a guy making $20M in a season. And the only guy who I ever remember sitting out for a season on a franchise tag was Le'Veon Bell who never came close to making up that franchise tag money.

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    No way. I would think Higgins + pick 18 maybe moves you up just outside the Top 10. But who knows. There's a lot of speculation that the Vikings are going to trade up into the Top 3-5ish picks. If so, that would probably require both of their 1sts this year, and likely their 1st next year as well.
    You're probably right. I think it could get you into the top 10, but maybe 9 or 10. Higgins is the equivalent of a late first, early second round pick. Could be interesting if there's a WR available when the Bears are on the clock at 9. They need a WR and may be willing to take Higgins and another pick.

I'd rather take a tackle or DT than a WR. But if they want a WR, there could be some interesting trade options.

24. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Wants to be somewhere long term.

It's not going to change anything. Bengals don't accommodate trade requests. Carson Palmer and Corey Dillon are probably the two exceptions.

There is no long term in the NFL. If youíre in your 30s, two years is long term. He should have considered that last summer when he signed that extension and pocketed an $8mill bonus check

26. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2024)

Turn Off Ads?