Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

OKC is a 1st round exit waiting to happen...they need some beef off the bench. Should have spent one of those picks they are sitting on for some help on the boards and the defensive end.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

To be doing what Lebron is doing in his 21st season is just unreal...to be shooting over 50% from the field while making 40% of your 3's is an all time season at his age.

4. Likes:

M2 (03-01-2024)

I remember the big question about LeBron when he came into the league was about his jumper and being able to finish outside of the paint/in half court offenses. It’s incredible how well he put that to bed, especially in the the 2nd half of his career.

His combination of power and skill is unprecedented.

Kyrie Irving came to Boston tonight and gave everyone free baskets. The Celtics don't even have to force him into switches. Whoever's got Kyrie on him gets to score.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Kyrie Irving came to Boston tonight and gave everyone free baskets. The Celtics don't even have to force him into switches. Whoever's got Kyrie on him gets to score.
    Celtics are fully cooking right now. I still don’t think they can keep Porzingas healthy through June, but if they so it’s their trophy.

8. Likes:

Chip R (03-04-2024),M2 (03-01-2024),Revering4Blue (03-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Celtics are fully cooking right now. I still don’t think they can keep Porzingas healthy through June, but if they so it’s their trophy.
    Boston's got the 2nd easiest remaining schedule, so they should be able to load manage Kristaps. Though it only takes one bad landing. Rarely are we going to see a team with such precarious dominance.

Lopsided win for the Pelicans tonight over the Pacers (Brandon Ingram was a +45) and big road for the Kings over the Wolves (with De'Aaron Fox out). Those two teams baffle me. On any given night they could be great or completely disjointed. They're the two biggest wild cards in the West.

11. Likes:

Fil3232 (03-02-2024),Revering4Blue (03-02-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Adrian Griffith (30-13).
    Doc Rivers (3-7).

Doc Rivers needs to step up his game. If he can. I doubt it.
    Make that 8-7.

Dallas was somewhat close in the 3rd down by 12...Celtics just have that extra gear...next thing you know Dallas is down by 26.

Brown and Tatum are just such a good 1/2 punch and now with KP added they have such good scoring efficiency you have to be perfect to beat them. Have fun with that Eastern conference.

Do the Knicks have to start worrying about that Mavs pick dropping into its protected range again?

At least we have Brunson thanks to them…

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Do the Knicks have to start worrying about that Mavs pick dropping into its protected range again?

Not unless they bench Luka and Kyrie again down the stretch. Though tanking could help them get rid of Kidd. They sit in the 8th spot now but the West is so tight they could be 5th after their next homestand. I do like how PJ Washington is starting to find his way...but they are desperate for a 3rd star.

The Brunson loss will stings like Nash only worse...Cuban may be a billionaire but man he really fumbled both of those decisions.

The biggest question for the Knicks is who do we target with all those picks reports are they are readying a run at a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post

I suppose there's a scenario where they land in the play-in and lose there, then get enormous ping pong ball luck. The first part (landing in the play-in and losing) isn't that far-fetched, especially given their defensive matchup liabilities when it gets to play-in games. Yet they would have long odds in the lottery.

Yeah, I think the Mavs will figure it out and find a groove here soon. The Knicks will likely trade their own pick and use the Mavs pick for a new big man to replace Hartenstein (or trade Robinson in bigger deal for a star). They need to bring some youth into the mix.

I'm more worried about the Knicks sliding into the play-in. They'll be dangerous once (if?) they finally get right no matter where they finish, but it'd be nice to not have those extra minutes on their legs before the real playoff series begin.

Lots of drama remaining with the final guaranteed playoff slots in both conferences. Who do people think will emerge from these scrums?

East

Slots 4-8 separated by 1.5 games. That means three teams get golden tickets and two will have to get into the playoffs the hard way. The contenders are:

New York - Trying to hang on with Randle, Anunoby and Robinson out. The first two won't be back for at least three weeks. They're 3-7 over their last 10 and fighting to stay in a guaranteed playoff slot.

Philadelphia - Also fighting to hang on with Embiid out, and Melton, Oubre and Covington banged up. Tyrese Maxey and Toby Harris are going to have to step up.

Orlando - Surging (7-3 over their last 10) and easiest remaining schedule in the NBA. Everything is aligned for them to go top 6. Gary Harris probably deserves more minutes.

Miami - They're never really healthy. Makes it hard to determine what exactly this team is. Though 3rd easiest remaining schedule and 9-3 over their last 12.

Indiana - Young, healthy and Siakam's playing really well. It's time to prove themselves.

West

Three games separate 5th and 10th. So that's two golden tickets and four teams left to fight it out in the play-in. The contenders are:

Phoenix - It's all down to how far KD and Booker can drag them, but they have the toughest remaining schedule in the NBA. So it's going to be very hard to fend off challengers.

New Orleans - 6th in the NBA in Net Rating. Way behind their expected W-L. Maybe that means they're due or maybe it means they lose too many games they should win.

Sacramento - Overplaying their expected W-L. They allow the highest 3P% in the league, but they can score.

Dallas - Everything points to them being in the middle, and that's where they are. Yet Luka is a force of nature and may not be denied.

Golden State - On a 13-3 heater. The kids are stepping up while Steph and Dray are banging the drum slowly.

LA Lakers - On paper, the worst team of the bunch, but LeBron is having an outrageous season. He's willing them into contention.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-03-2024),Rojo Rijo (03-04-2024)

Boston over Golden State by 52 points without Porzingis. 82 points at halftime for the Celtics. Seems normal.

Philly held on to take down the Mavs 120 to 116 on the road in Dallas. Gotta' hand it to Nick Nurse- he swapped out Paul Reed and Nic Batum for Mo Bamba and Kyle Lowry as starters for the last two games, and it seems to have worked (although Charlotte was a bit of a struggle in the first half). Although, it could be me yelling at Tobias Harris that's worked given that he's finally put together two consecutive solid games for the first time in quite a while. Philly looked like they had the game well in hand, with leads as high as 18 points at times in the second half. But Derrick Jones Jr. went on a game-long heater to keep the Mavs close and Luka and Kyrie chained together threes very late in the contest to make this one closer than it needed to be. Still a crazy tight race in the East as only 2 games in the Loss column (and 1.5 games in the standings) separate 4th and 8th place.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

21. Likes:

Betterread (03-04-2024),Chip R (03-04-2024),M2 (03-03-2024),Mitri (03-03-2024),Revering4Blue (03-03-2024)

Turn Off Ads?