Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

The less chaotic team, I think, is the Kings. They were only two wins off their 2022-23 record and they got caught up in a WC frenzy that saw 10 teams win at least 46 games. Bad health undid the Kings a bit. Yet they have their Sabonis-Fox-Murray core. Their issues revolves around what to do about the supporting cast.

Malik Monk has been a great 6th man (15.4 ppg), but he's a free agent and may be leaving for a larger role elsewhere. HarBar Superstar is a solid player, but maybe he could be moved to get them a little more length. They need to decide whether Kevin Huerter will bounce back. His scoring fell off by 5 ppg. They could really use better perimeter defense (opponents had a .387 3P% against them, 29th in the league).

In general, I'd say more ornery defense would be their ticket back into the playoffs. Where's the next Lu Dort? I think Dyson Daniels would be a great fit for them, though I have no idea what New Orleans wants other than stars who don't get injured quite so often. If there's some way to get Bruce Brown off of Toronto, he'd be a real nice fit for them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Fil3232 (04-23-2024),Revering4Blue (04-23-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    In the video which clearly shows Nurse asking for a TO, you can also see Maxey with two arms extended, having just pushed off Josh Hart to get open. My take is after letting that obvious foul go, they let everything else that was to happen play out without a whistle. Definitely poor officiating but both teams were allowed to do whatever they wanted (with the exception of the missed TO).
    Nah. It was easily one of the most completely obvious screw jobs of all time by the officials. It's ok to acknowledge that. Not like the NBA is going to force the teams to replay the end of the game.

Along with the uncalled Maxey mugging, here's Timeout #2. Blatantly ignored.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Timeout 2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	21131

And just so I'm clear, the Knicks played hard. Good team. What the officials did isn't their fault.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

5. Likes:

goreds2 (04-23-2024)

The timeout thing is odd. Not something I pay close attention to so I’m not sure why/how it happened and how egregious it is.

I do feel like this is something Lowry should have known to avoid (not calling TO AND bad entry pass).

Honestly I don’t think there’s enough of a clear foul to call it the biggest con job ever, but have at it. I though Embiid purposefully shoved Hart earlier in the game and was cool with a no call. It happens, I think Steven A is wrong, it was an epic meltdown first with a questionable no-call a distant second.

The beginning of the Maxey mugging (before Hart knocked him to the ground):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxey Mugging Part 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	21132

Totally legit. Brunson just wanted to trade jerseys after the game and asked Maxey at the wrong time.

Two missed timeout calls + two blantantly missed foul calls on the same play. And let's be clear- at that point in the game, the Knicks HAD to foul Maxey, they were trying to foul him, fouled him repeatedly, and the officials happily allowed it. And if you just don't care about whether or not the player is fouled, because you ain't gonna' call it anyway, you've just completely nuked your excuse for not noticing TWO clear attempts to call time out. Again, that's not on the Knicks. But that is most certainly on the officials. If only one official were canned for that nonsense, it'd be too few. But nothing will happen.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

8. Likes:

goreds2 (04-23-2024)

And in other news, Philadelphia won a four-way tiebreaker via random drawings to slot in at the 16th pick in this year's NBA draft. Not sure if they'll keep it, but if looking to deal, I guess it's better to be holding that pick versus #19.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    And in other news, Philadelphia won a four-way tiebreaker via random drawings to slot in at the 16th pick in this year's NBA draft. Not sure if they'll keep it, but if looking to deal, I guess it's better to be holding that pick versus #19.
    That's actually pretty huge.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I’d say on a scale of 1 to kings/lakers from 20-25 years ago it was a 4 with regard to bad calls. Meh
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-24-2024),Fil3232 (04-23-2024),Mitri (04-23-2024),Revering4Blue (04-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The less chaotic team, I think, is the Kings. They were only two wins off their 2022-23 record and they got caught up in a WC frenzy that saw 10 teams win at least 46 games. Bad health undid the Kings a bit. Yet they have their Sabonis-Fox-Murray core. Their issues revolves around what to do about the supporting cast.

Malik Monk has been a great 6th man (15.4 ppg), but he's a free agent and may be leaving for a larger role elsewhere. HarBar Superstar is a solid player, but maybe he could be moved to get them a little more length. They need to decide whether Kevin Huerter will bounce back. His scoring fell off by 5 ppg. They could really use better perimeter defense (opponents had a .387 3P% against them, 29th in the league).

In general, I'd say more ornery defense would be their ticket back into the playoffs. Where's the next Lu Dort? I think Dyson Daniels would be a great fit for them, though I have no idea what New Orleans wants other than stars who don't get injured quite so often. If there's some way to get Bruce Brown off of Toronto, he'd be a real nice fit for them.
    I’m glad the Kings have been patient and let this group show who they are. Mike Brown and Monte McNair have turned them into a true professional organization. Those are huge advancements from where they were. Now, it’s quite obvious they need length, length, length to compete for a top-4 seed. It’s time for the front office to get busy this off-season.

I think they have to upgrade two starting spots. I don’t think Huerter fits because he can’t help them defensively. So if jettison him. Id also try to jettison Barnes. His leadership and steadiness have been wonderful, but Fox and Sabonis are ready to lead. Upgrading his spot is a must, whether that’s a forward or perhaps a stretch five who can keep them playing through Sabonis on the perimeter. I do not anticipate them being able to bring Monk back, which will necessitate them finding legitimate bench scoring next year too.

There’s lotsto be done, but they have most of their draft capital, and a bit of cap space (assuming Monk goes). Time to get to work!

14. Likes:

M2 (04-23-2024),Revering4Blue (04-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    I think they have to upgrade two starting spots. I don’t think Huerter fits because he can’t help them defensively. So if jettison him. Id also try to jettison Barnes. His leadership and steadiness have been wonderful, but Fox and Sabonis are ready to lead. Upgrading his spot is a must, whether that’s a forward or perhaps a stretch five who can keep them playing through Sabonis on the perimeter. I do not anticipate them being able to bring Monk back, which will necessitate them finding legitimate bench scoring next year too.
    Santi Aldama from the Grizz would be an interesting fit at power forward. Isaiah Stewart from Detroit too.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-23-2024)

Suddenly it's Jaden McDaniels' world and we're just living in it.

18. Likes:

Betterread (04-23-2024),Revering4Blue (04-23-2024)

Pacers remembered the Bucks are giving away free baskets and shot 55.6% and 44.4% from 3 on their way to 125 points and the first road win by any team in these playoffs. Milwaukee needs Giannis or it's cooked.

20. Likes:

goreds2 (04-24-2024),Revering4Blue (04-23-2024)

Suddenly it's Jaden McDaniels' world and we're just living in it.
    Best game I have seen him play. Twolves needed his offense. Suns were stacking up to stop Ant, and he was open a lot. He played some ferocious defense, along with the rest of the team. The defense was so good KD and Book were giving Eubanks the ball (8 shots for him). Allen aggravated his hurt ankle but Gordon filled his role pretty well.
    Booker is a first class grifter and flopper.

Man, the Wolves being the more composed team was not something I expected to see. But man it's tough to beat them when you can hold KAT and ANT in check and then Jaden, Conley, Gobert all go off. If they just play their game and remain composed they can win this series.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Pacers remembered the Bucks are giving away free baskets and shot 55.6% and 44.4% from 3 on their way to 125 points and the first road win by any team in these playoffs. Milwaukee needs Giannis or it's cooked.
    Yeah, Dame had his best game ever again. The rest of those bums in a Bucks uniform can't play.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Dallas picks up a much needed road win vs. the Clippers.

Clippers went 2-17 when Luka was primary defender...he still is not a good defender but he has bought into the idea of at least let me get in front of you.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

25. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-24-2024),M2 (04-24-2024)

Turn Off Ads?