Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1009

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Yeah, it’s not his personality, but it would have been cool if JBrown had yelled at Doncic - “you can’t effing guard me” in the same tone as Doncic does to everybody who guards him.
    In his own way, Brown kind of is yelling that at Luka, loudly. He's flashing that muscle pose and taking a split second hero pause after big shots/plays. He's making sure people saw what he just did.

Side thought: if you redid the 2016 draft today, would Brown go #1? Sabonis has got the best advanced stats, but Brown's easily got the best resume of team success and playing in big games. It's also kind of tantalizing to imagine Brown (and Tatum) with Embiid. Philly passed on both of them. While their reasons seemed solid at the time, that doesn't make it hurt any less. Brown and Tatum have tormented them for the better part of a decade.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Betterread (06-13-2024),Revering4Blue (06-15-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    if you redid the 2016 draft today, would Brown go #1? Sabonis has got the best advanced stats, but Brown's easily got the best resume of team success and playing in big games. It's also kind of tantalizing to imagine Brown (and Tatum) with Embiid. Philly passed on both of them. While their reasons seemed solid at the time, that doesn't make it hurt any less. Brown and Tatum have tormented them for the better part of a decade.
    Absolutely he would. As I recall, brown was considered a slight reach ( I think Cal had a recent top 5 or 10 bust). Imagine if the celts picked Jamal Murray (who I recall dropped a little) and the suns picked Brown instead of Dragan Bender.

5. Likes:

M2 (06-13-2024),Revering4Blue (06-17-2024)

Boston finally had a stinker of a game...Mavs headed back to Boston

Lively was excellent last night 11 points and 12 boards if he can develop a midrange game he is going to be really good for Dallas. That corner 3 he hit is just a taste. Exum and Green were both good off the bench and Luka dialed back the crying to the refs.

Boston may want to see if KP can give 15 mins or so to put this thing away...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

That's a lot of confetti. Somebody's got to sweep that up.

I'm very happy ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

9. Likes:

M2 (06-17-2024)

All right, time to look ahead for the Mavs. First thing, while it sucks to fall short in the Finals, this season represents an enormous rebound for this franchise. And almost the whole team is coming back. Derrick Jones is the only guy who needs to be resigned, which might be tricky as his market has increased and they don't have Bird rights on him.

They don't have their draft pick this year, but they do have their next two. They can only trade those as pick swaps, and they might be looking to do that to add a bigger wing scorer. They can stack contracts to add a guy. One scorer who might fit real well is DeRo. He moves the ball really well and could take some of the burden off of Luka and Kyrie.

I suppose one question is do they think Kyrie can keep his current level? He's got some real trade value if they want to cash in on that. It would be harsh because he's been a feel-good story with Dallas. Like, Uncle Drew showed up. Think I might keep him to see if the vibes are real.
    Last edited by M2; 06-18-2024 at 03:02 PM.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-18-2024)

Last, but not least, where are the Celtics headed?

They crushed this season from beginning to end. Seasons like this are rarities. It's not supposed to look this easy. The secret is it isn't this easy and they're going to have a huge fight on their hands to repeat. They're going to need more depth. Good news is that if you're a vet and you're ring hunting, you're probably telling your agent right now to call the Celtics and let them know you'll play for whatever they can afford. Robert Covington or Taurean Prince would be good fits. A guy like Jordan Nwora might see the Celtics as a way to lift his profile. A ring can extend your career. Sam Hauser is going to be in the NBA for a while on the heels of this.

Keeping Luke Kornet and Xavier Tillman might be tough, so Boston could be shopping for additional size because Kristaps is fragile and Al is old. Look for them to pick a pick a big in the upcoming draft.

I do think Brown and Tatum will win another ring, though likely not next year. The Bird Celtics never won back-to-back. This group reaches a different stratosphere if they can do that.

13. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2024)

Congrtulations to the Celtics! They were the best team all year. Mazzula gets credit for getting the stars to share touches, shots, accolades. Going forward, They are loaded with only KPs health and Horford’s age question marks (and they are important but replaceable).
    Their quality has been apparent for years, but White and Holiday played great in key games and enhanced their reputation.

Dallas had a great run, but part of me wonders if this tournament format is perfect for Doncic because it gives him so much rest time. In the regular season, he needs a lot of games off (15+ other than this year, which was 12) and we know Kyrie needs lots of games off (last year he played as many as 70 games was 16-17). Dallas needs more weapons to finish top 4 in the west, and usually you need to finish top 4 to win it all. But if Doncic can get in better shape and become even more dominant, that might work. He is unstoppable on offense. But I am tired of watching his brilliance because of the constant ref-baiting. He plays with no joy.
    Last edited by Betterread; 06-18-2024 at 10:11 AM.

15. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2024),dubc47834 (06-18-2024),Revering4Blue (06-18-2024),Roy Tucker (06-18-2024),SteelSD (06-18-2024)

The Bucks trading Holliday is an all time dumb move.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-18-2024),M2 (06-18-2024),Revering4Blue (06-19-2024),RiverRat13 (06-18-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He's like the modern Dennis Johnson. He's constantly making plays.

19. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2024),Revering4Blue (06-19-2024)

Both moves KP and Jrue were a stroke of genius by the Celtics front office...you could definitely made a case for Jrue as MVP.

21. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2024)

How could it be a "dumb move"? We got one of the 75 best players in history, something something.

23. Likes:

M2 (06-18-2024),RedTeamGo! (06-18-2024),Revering4Blue (06-19-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    How could it be a "dumb move"? We got one of the 75 best players in history, something something.
    Alex English is still calling BS on that.

25. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-19-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Especially after it leaked out he didn't workout all offseason and reported to camp out of shape...

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Especially after it leaked out he didn't workout all offseason and reported to camp out of shape...
    I heard Doc Rivers reference that on the Bill Simmons pod last week, and the logic behind it is highly confused. So, supposedly, Dame didn't work out because he wanted to avoid an injury when he was on the trading block. That means if he's working out like crazy now, he's increasing the chances he'll get injured somewhere along the way...at least according to last summer's don't-workout logic. It pretty much heads-you-win-tails-I-lose on that one. The choices being presented are:

1. Dame gets in fantastic shape, but that wears him down, which means he's way more likely to get injured and miss significant time.
    2. Dame doesn't subject himself to as much wear and tear, but that means he's not as good when he's on the court. And he still gets injured from time to time anyway.

Turn Off Ads?