Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Jalen Brunson left the game in the first minute of play and did not return for the remainder of the contest. Knicks beat the Cavs without him.

2. Likes:

Mitri (03-03-2024),Revering4Blue (03-04-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Huge win for the Knicks. Game ball goes to Josh Hart who gets his third career triple-double, all of which have come within the last two weeks. Hit a dagger 3 to seal it in the game's most critical moment. That guy isn't always this team's engine, but when he is, it's so crucial.

Might be a good time to give Brunson a week off, but I get it. They have the Hawks, Magic, and two vs. Sixers all at home. Be nice to go 3-1 or at least split. I'd love to get that Orlando game.

Good news on Brunson, and it looks like Anonuby will be back within 2 weeks.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-04-2024)

31 Rebounds for Nurkic tonight against the toothpick that is Chet Holmgren. +10 for Nurk in the 32 minutes on the court. -18 for the Suns the 16 minutes he's off the court.

Phoenix needs a real PG. Beal's not a good PG. Gordon's a terrible PG. Booker is a terrible PG. Their Offensive flow is horrific, while their Defense is atrocious thanks to horrible Defensive pressure at the point of attack by Beal, Gordon and Booker, whoever gets switched to and taken advantage of. PG is the easiest position to obtain, but Phoenix keeps adding shooters instead.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    31 Rebounds for Nurkic tonight against the toothpick that is Chet Holmgren. +10 for Nurk in the 32 minutes on the court. -18 for the Suns the 16 minutes he's off the court.

Phoenix needs a real PG. Beal's not a good PG. Gordon's a terrible PG. Booker is a terrible PG. Their Offensive flow is horrific, while their Defense is atrocious thanks to horrible Defensive pressure at the point of attack by Beal, Gordon and Booker, whoever gets switched to and taken advantage of. PG is the easiest position to obtain, but Phoenix keeps adding shooters instead.
    Phoenix isn't a basketball team. It's a collection of guys who play basketball put on the floor in random combinations. It's a testament to how outrageously good their top two players are that they're fighting for a top 6 slot, but almost nothing around them fits.

And, while OKC's paid no price for its lopsided rebounding disadvantage so far, I've got to believe that's going to be a problem in the playoffs. Could be a high seed with a glass jaw.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I’m not freaking out because Mitchell has missed 4 games, but the Cavs trend the last few weeks is not good. As it starts to get a little more playoff like out there some of the cracks last year with physicality and role players not being able to shoot is starting to show. The way they lost last night, albeit without Mitchell, was a little alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m not freaking out because Mitchell has missed 4 games, but the Cavs trend the last few weeks is not good. As it starts to get a little more playoff like out there some of the cracks last year with physicality and role players not being able to shoot is starting to show. The way they lost last night, albeit without Mitchell, was a little alarming.
    The Pacers ran into a version of this last year without Haliburton. They went from awesome with him to inept without him. The Cavs were cruising with Spida and four other random guys on any given night. Now they've got everybody else back and they can't win without Spida. There's also the possibility they racked up wins during the softest part of their schedule, and now it starts to head uphill. Yet I suspect it's mostly overreliance on Mitchell, and not being able to work things out when he's not there.

10. Likes:

Mitri (03-04-2024),Revering4Blue (03-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Pacers ran into a version of this last year without Haliburton. They went from awesome with him to inept without him. The Cavs were cruising with Spida and four other random guys on any given night. Now they've got everybody else back and they can't win without Spida. There's also the possibility they racked up wins during the softest part of their schedule, and now it starts to head uphill. Yet I suspect it's mostly overreliance on Mitchell, and not being able to work things out when he's not there.
    Well Mitchell just got a plasma injection in his knee and is out at least the next 3 games, so plenty of more opportunities to work on the over reliance issues. And they get to do it against Boston and Minnesota. Fun.

Well Mitchell just got a plasma injection in his knee and is out at least the next 3 games, so plenty of more opportunities to work on the over reliance issues. And they get to do it against Boston and Minnesota. Fun.
    Just curious, who would you pick to be their replacement ace? I think I'd be giving Mobley 20+ shots a night.

Just curious, who would you pick to be their replacement ace? I think I'd be giving Mobley 20+ shots a night.
    Uhh I mean Garland has to play better, he was bad until late against the Knicks and was letting their physical nonsense get to him.

Garland, Merrill, LeVert, Strus and one of the bigs is my favorite non Mitchell lineup, but it’s a big priority on offense.

I like when they go garland, levert, Strus, Wade, Allen too.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRed27; 03-04-2024 at 08:22 PM.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-04-2024)

From the looks of it last night Mobley gives too much away on the other end. Knicks just pushed him around all night and I'm talking Jericho Sims' Knicks.

16. Likes:

Betterread (03-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    From the looks of it last night Mobley gives too much away on the other end. Knicks just pushed him around all night and I'm talking Jericho Sims' Knicks.
    Hmm yeah that didn’t happen. Mobley had a pretty solid game. The guards gave the Cavs problems. Sims didn’t do much.

Lakers v OKC. Two teams that get the biggest benefit from biased refereeing. Already in the first Q I see Reaves complaining about no calls and SGA looks confused at getting fouls called on his frequent arms slaps.

Hmm yeah that didn’t happen. Mobley had a pretty solid game. The guards gave the Cavs problems. Sims didn’t do much.
    First quarter was all about the guards, but I witnessed the Knicks' physicality overpower Mobley in that second unit. Or it could just be the entire unit was playing weak and he had too much on his plate. His defensive numbers are pretty solid this year, but he was a -6 on Sunday and Sims was a +17 or so.

But I was more just using Sims as a metaphor for how thin this Knicks rotation is stretched. Sims doesn't play anything but garbage minutes when this team is even at 90% health. 3 or their top 6 players have been out and with Brunson that made 4. Let's just be honest, it was an embarrassing loss for the Cavaliers.

Cavs vs. Knicks is a great matchup, but I hope they meet again in the playoffs. Knicks have a lot more physicality and just match up well against them. I'd be worried as a Cavs fan. Teams like Orlando, Miami and certainly the Celtics are very likely to just out-muscle the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    First quarter was all about the guards, but I witnessed the Knicks' physicality overpower Mobley in that second unit. Or it could just be the entire unit was playing weak and he had too much on his plate. His defensive numbers are pretty solid this year, but he was a -6 on Sunday and Sims was a +17 or so.

But I was more just using Sims as a metaphor for how thin this Knicks rotation is stretched. Sims doesn't play anything but garbage minutes when this team is even at 90% health. 3 or their top 6 players have been out and with Brunson that made 4. Let's just be honest, it was an embarrassing loss for the Cavaliers.

Cavs vs. Knicks is a great matchup, but I hope they meet again in the playoffs. Knicks have a lot more physicality and just match up well against them. I'd be worried as a Cavs fan. Teams like Orlando, Miami and certainly the Celtics are very likely to just out-muscle the Cavs.
    Yeah I commented on it above that it was concerning. That said if Mitchell plays the Cavs probably win by 20, so gotta take it with a bit of a grain of salt. The healthy version of the Cavs have a lot of ways to beat teams, that last years team lacked. I do disagree that there was a physical advantage in this game in the post, it was very much with the guards. However Mobley and Allen were definitely sped up, they are both pretty elite low post passers and that was largely off. Maybe you are interpreting that as physicality.

I just want the Cavs to be healthy for the playoffs. They can’t beat Boston if they stay healthy, but they can everyone else.

Hahahahaha go Cavs

Turn Off Ads?