Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 993

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    46,396

    NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    The Thunder currently sit 1st in the West (tied with the Timberwolves). They're 4th in O Rtg, 7th in D rtg and 3rd in Net Rtg.

    Meanwhile, Doc Rivers has officially agreed to terms with the Bucks.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

  2. #2
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    2,289

    NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Thunder currently sit 1st in the West (tied with the Timberwolves). They're 4th in O Rtg, 7th in D rtg and 3rd in Net Rtg.

    Meanwhile, Doc Rivers has officially agreed to terms with the Bucks.
    Yes, the Thunder have more young talent than they’ve been given credit for. But let’s not overlook the fact Mark Daigneault is a helluva coach. The Thunder brass were patient with him during their retooling period and it is paying off.

    As for the Bucks, I still question the ‘wisdom’ of firing coach Bud following a first round loss to essentially the same team that reached the ECF the season before and with a hobbled Giannis.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-25-2024 at 01:45 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

  3. Likes:

    M2 (01-25-2024),SteelSD (01-25-2024)

  4. #3
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,881

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    In light of the Pascal Siakam acquisition, Pacers’ rookie forward Jarace Walker would seemingly have an even smaller role. However, coach Rick Carlisle has been giving Walker more opportunities to play small forward, Dustin Dopirak of the Indianapolis Star notes. “Once we acquired Pascal, you gotta take a hard look at how this thing is shaping up,” Carlisle said. “With the realities about the importance of playing with size to being a good defensive team, it makes sense to put him in that equation somewhere. It doesn’t mean he will always play 3. The more I’m going through this, I like playing with size, size that can move and make plays and stay in front of people is even better.” Walker, the eighth overall pick of last year’s draft, has averaged 21.3 minutes of playing time over the last three games.

    by Dana Gauruder

  5. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-25-2024)

  6. #4
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    14,009

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Sam Presti is a bad man.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And by bad I mean bad in the good way, not bad in the bad way
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  7. Likes:

    dubc47834 (01-25-2024),M2 (01-25-2024),Revering4Blue (01-25-2024)

  8. #5
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    4,051

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Wizards want more for Kyle Kuzma than the Raptors got for Siakam...according to Stein
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  9. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Wizards want more for Kyle Kuzma than the Raptors got for Siakam...according to Stein
    He does have a fairly reasonable long term contract, so it’s not a potential rental situation. But he’s also not nearly as good so.

  10. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-25-2024)

  11. #7
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    46,396

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    He does have a fairly reasonable long term contract, so it’s not a potential rental situation. But he’s also not nearly as good so.
    I've been trying to figure out how much of a good stats/bad team mirage he is. He shoots all right, grabs some boards and distributes the ball a little bit. 6'9" with a well-rounded game doesn't grow on trees. He's also won a ring. That said, his Net Rating is awful (-18) and his +/- is -12.7. So there's a universe where he goes to a better team, his usage drops and he puts up a few less shots, but his efficiency increases and he plays more minutes (only 31.3 with the Wiz). Yet there's also a universe where his new team needs him to play defense and not chuck up shots for fun, and he doesn't feel like doing that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

  12. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-25-2024)

  13. #8
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,881

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've been trying to figure out how much of a good stats/bad team mirage he is. He shoots all right, grabs some boards and distributes the ball a little bit. 6'9" with a well-rounded game doesn't grow on trees. He's also won a ring. That said, his Net Rating is awful (-18) and his +/- is -12.7. So there's a universe where he goes to a better team, his usage drops and he puts up a few less shots, but his efficiency increases and he plays more minutes (only 31.3 with the Wiz). Yet there's also a universe where his new team needs him to play defense and not chuck up shots for fun, and he doesn't feel like doing that.
    So you are saying he would be a good fit on the Hawks?

  14. Likes:

    M2 (01-25-2024),Revering4Blue (01-25-2024)

  15. #9
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    46,396

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Buddy Hield is now #22 all-time in three pointers made. He just hopped over Chauncey Billups and some guy name Kobe Bryant.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

  16. Likes:

    dubc47834 (01-26-2024),Revering4Blue (01-25-2024)

  17. #10
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    46,396

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Miami went small tonight against the Celtics. Bad move.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

  18. Likes:

    Chip R (01-26-2024)

  19. #11
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    2,289

    NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Miami went small tonight against the Celtics. Bad move.
    Five losses in row. One away from matching a six loss skid in March of ‘21. Next up: At NY, who plastered the Nuggets tonight, and the Suns. Yikes!

    You have to believe Spoelstra will find a way to stop the bleeding. He always does. But I am still not so sure Herro, contract be dammed, wouldn’t be better off in a sixth- man role, especially when Jaquez returns. Or start Richardson. It will be interesting to see what transpires.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-26-2024 at 12:34 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

  20. Likes:

    M2 (01-26-2024)

  21. #12
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    46,396

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Five losses in row. One away from matching a six loss skid in March of ‘21. Next up: At NY, who plastered the Nuggets tonight, and the Suns. Yikes!

    You have to believe Spoelstra will find a way to stop the bleeding. He always does. But I am still not so sure Herro, contract be dammed, wouldn’t be better off in a sixth- man role, especially when Jaquez returns. Or start Richardson. It will be interesting to see what transpires.
    Tonight it looked like whoever ended with Herro defending him got a free bucket.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

  22. #13
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    2,289

    NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Tonight it looked like whoever ended with Herro defending him got a free bucket.
    In other news, water is wet….

    And that contract? Pat Riley rarely makes mistakes. But wow! I know there are folks on this board who really like Herro, but you don’t allocate those kind of resources to a very poor man’s Jeff Hornacek.

    Conversely, Hornacek would be worth every penny of Herro’s deal in this era.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-26-2024 at 12:28 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

  23. #14
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    46,396

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    In other news, water is wet….

    And that contract? Pat Riley rarely makes mistakes. But wow! I know there are folks on this board who really like Herro, but you don’t allocate those kind of resources to a very poor man’s Jeff Hornacek.

    Conversely, Hornacek would be worth every penny of Herro’s deal in this era.
    I still think the ultimate purpose of Herro's contract is to trade it for someone else who makes a lot of money.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

  24. #15
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    10,840

    Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

    Two good ways to lose a ballgame against the Pacers. One- shoot 25% from three. Two- play absolutely no interior defense and allow 68 points in the paint. Yeah, the Sixers were without Harris and much of their bench, so bench-v-bench is a huge advantage for the Pacers. But Indiana didn't have Haliburton. Andrew Nembhard often looked like the best player on the court, which is a problem. Philly was playing their G-leaguers to start the fourth quarter, so I was surprised that Indiana was still playing it's starters with a minute and a half to go in the contest. Good game by the Pacers. Not so much for their opponent.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  25. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (01-25-2024)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator