https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...t-east-finals/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

What an absolute choke job by the Pacers
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-22-2024),Revering4Blue (05-22-2024)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What an absolute choke job by the Pacers
    Absolutely...they went from being in the drivers seat with 12 seconds to go, to a complete train wreck. Once it went to OT, I went to bed because at that point the Pacers blew their shot at stealing game 1. So frustrating!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Pacers looked really good last night for the most part. They shot really well from the field and made some crazy 3s. Thing is, I'd expect it to continue. I wouldn't say the Celtics played poorly like some have. That's not giving any credit to the Pacers. I think the Pacers were too quick for the Celtics at times. Playing AL Horford that much may take its toll. He was great in the fist several minutes but was a non-factor for the most part the rest of the way. If the Pacers can win game 2 - which the Celtics have dropped in each of the last two series - I like their chances with two games in Indy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

M2 (05-22-2024)

Pacers are a problem for teams with shorter rotations.

That bench of Toppin, McConnell and Sheppard is tough to keep up with. Nesmith is a beast. And I think Siakam is one of the great underrated players in the league.

Can’t stand Halliburton but I guess he could be considered good by some.

9. Likes:

Chip R (05-22-2024)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post

That bench of Toppin, McConnell and Sheppard is tough to keep up with. Nesmith is a beast. And I think Siakam is one of the great underrated players in the league.

What's your issue with Halliburton?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Pacers looked really good last night for the most part. They shot really well from the field and made some crazy 3s. Thing is, I'd expect it to continue. I wouldn't say the Celtics played poorly like some have. That's not giving any credit to the Pacers. I think the Pacers were too quick for the Celtics at times. Playing AL Horford that much may take its toll. He was great in the fist several minutes but was a non-factor for the most part the rest of the way. If the Pacers can win game 2 - which the Celtics have dropped in each of the last two series - I like their chances with two games in Indy.
    Boston needs to reduce Horford's minutes. They can't hang him up wet every night. Xavier Tillman, who was out for personal reasons last night (his father died), could be getting some real minutes when he returns.

Indiana's got to be ill over losing when they shot that well. They cooled off at the end, but their FG% was in the upper 50s toward the end of regulation. I assume Boston's going to stress defense for the next game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

12. Likes:

Chip R (05-22-2024),Revering4Blue (05-22-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    What's your issue with Halliburton?
    I am a Knicks fan, so that was said with a smattering of recency bias and was also sort of tongue-in-cheek.

He's clearly a very good player. Probably not the megastar that he was hyped up as earlier in the year. Incredible passer and floor visionary, weird shot that somehow works. Occasionally prone to very dumb turnovers. Not a great defender but improving.

He's also very annoying and frankly a strange human. So he is an easy player to dislike for us Knicks fans.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    That was a rough loss for the Pacers.

Got to hold on to the ball.
    Tough lesson. At the end of the game, you must focus on basic execution and inbound the ball or call a timeout if you have one.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-22-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post

I give him respect for playing hurt but not talking about being limited physically (like Doncic and Murray). He needs more tricks in his bag and a better handle to reach the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Tough lesson. At the end of the game, you must focus on basic execution and inbound the ball or call a timeout if you have one.
    I think it's more of "If you're dribbling the ball down the court, try not to let it go out of bounds for no reason."
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

19. Likes:

Chip R (05-22-2024),Revering4Blue (05-22-2024)

One other thing about the Jaylen Brown shot at the end of regulation - https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...09309553098889. He not only did a crazy great job of staying inbounds and behind the 3-point line, what made it possible for him to take the shot was he didn't dribble. If he puts the ball on the parquet, Siakam fouls him and the game is over. Without the dribble, Siakam can't foul for fear of giving up three points at the line.

Before it was an iconic shot, it was an incredibly smart play. And probably before that it was excellent coaching. It also was a perfectly timed inbounds pass from Jrue Holiday (because of course it was).

21. Likes:

Chip R (05-22-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    One other thing about the Jaylen Brown shot at the end of regulation - https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...09309553098889. He not only did a crazy great job of staying inbounds and behind the 3-point line, what made it possible for him to take the shot was he didn't dribble. If he puts the ball on the parquet, Siakam fouls him and the game is over. Without the dribble, Siakam can't foul for fear of giving up three points at the line.

Before it was an iconic shot, it was an incredibly smart play. And probably before that it was excellent coaching. It also was a perfectly timed inbounds pass from Jrue Holiday (because of course it was).
    You sound just like Doris Burke! Iconic. Incredibly Smart. perfectly timed.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    You sound just like Doris Burke! Iconic. Incredibly Smart. perfectly timed.
    I'll take that as a compliment.

What are you looking for from tonight's game?

Three quick thoughts:

1. KAT just got an offensive basket interference call against him that was a harsh call. Also, spiritually, I favor the international rule that any ball off the rim is a live ball.

2. Kyrie, whom I rarely say nice things about, had a bounce pass assist to P.J. Washington for a corner 3. I mark out for bounce passes.

2. Doncic is suddenly dominating in front of the basket on the defensive end.

Turn Off Ads?