Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Re: NBA 2023-24 Part II: Thunderstruck

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Is Redick still an option for the Lakers after all this Hurley drama?
    I think so, but does Redick want to step into his first coaching gig as a consolation prize? That Clippers job will be open soon enough, and he played for them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Chip R (06-10-2024),Revering4Blue (06-10-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I would guess the Knicks job will open up sooner or later. So there's still time for Hurley to get an NBA gig in the northeast. Of course the Celtics job would probably be his dream gig but that probably won't open up anytime soon. However, you never know what will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I would guess the Knicks job will open up sooner or later. So there's still time for Hurley to get an NBA gig in the northeast. Of course the Celtics job would probably be his dream gig but that probably won't open up anytime soon. However, you never know what will happen.
    There's also the Sixers and Nets.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    There's also the Sixers and Nets.

True but from what I've read his wife is hesitant to move at all. I think Hurley said she didn't want to move from Rhode Island to UConn. If either NY job opens up, they could still live in Stoors or wherever they are and commute to NY.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

True but from what I've read his wife is hesitant to move at all. I think Hurley said she didn't want to move from Rhode Island to UConn. If either NY job opens up, they could still live in Stoors or wherever they are and commute to NY.
    Storrs is 150 miles from NYC. I guess he'd make enough to commute by helicopter.

8. Likes:

Chip R (06-11-2024),Revering4Blue (06-11-2024)

KP has a torn medial retinaculum he is in doubt for game 3 in Dallas...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    KP has a torn medial retinaculum he is in doubt for game 3 in Dallas...
    I read that, but I still don't know what it is.

Rhode Island is low key kind of excellent. Sounds like Mrs. Hurley's got her priorities straight.

12. Likes:

Mitri (06-12-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I read that, but I still don't know what it is.
    Super rare from what I had heard:

From CBS Sports: "Re: Porzingis: The medial retinaculum is connective tissue that serves as the roof of the tarsal tunnel (think carpal tunnel but in the foot). It anchors multiple structures in place, including the tendon of the posterior tibialis.

"If the retrinaculum is torn, the tendon can shift out of place (dislocate), causing pain and instability of the ankle and foot.

"I only have one real comp in my database but it was in conjunction with other traumatic ankle injuries that required surgery. It will be interesting to see how this is managed but given his injury history there is reason for concern."

14. Likes:

M2 (06-12-2024)

This is pretty demoralizing.

Boston will have this wrapped up on Friday.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

16. Likes:

Chip R (06-13-2024)

And Dallas has stormed back. So much for that.

Caught the game at a local bar. Great crowd. This was, effectively, the clincher. Thoughts:

- Defense really does win championships. Dallas has yet to reach triple digits in this series.

- Jaylen Brown is on track for finals MVP. He's basically grabbing this ring for Tatum. Tatum will have to pay him back in the future.

- Gotta feel for Dallas. They're trying everything and it's just not enough to get them a win. The pressure Boston's putting on Luka on both sides of the court has really paid dividends in the 4th quarter. His needle's been hitting E at the end of games. Tonight he was reacting just a split second slow on defense, and that's what fouled him out. Tired body, tired brain.

- I mentioned before the Celtics had the highest seasonal Net Rating since the 2017 Warriors (who went 16-1 in the playoffs) and the biggest gap on the next best Net Rating since the 1996 Bulls (15-3 in the playoffs). This is what dominant teams do. They lock in and they win. It's been their season.
    Last edited by M2; 06-13-2024 at 02:41 PM.

19. Likes:

Chip R (06-13-2024),Revering4Blue (06-13-2024)

Luka was an abomination last night defensively I get he is playing hurt pain injection before game 3 but you have to do a better job getting in front of Brown or Tatum as they are hunting you ever play knowing you are a matador.

He also needs to stop yelling at the refs every single play it really disrupts the flow of his game as well as the team.

21. Likes:

Luka was an abomination last night defensively I get he is playing hurt pain injection before game 3 but you have to do a better job getting in front of Brown or Tatum as they are hunting you ever play knowing you are a matador.

He also needs to stop yelling at the refs every single play it really disrupts the flow of his game as well as the team.
    I think this is the first time he's ever been overwhelmed on a basketball court. He's got this thousand-yard stare on the court and off, like he's trying to process how he's been put in the crosshairs. I don't think he expected them to come right at him. So he's feeling pains that wouldn't bother him as much if the Mavs were winning and he's looking for the refs to bail him out when he's getting beaten. It might take him a couple of months to process what's happened to him and how to prevent it from happening in the future. Because this is now the blueprint for how to attack a Luka team. Obviously you need the players to do it, but OKC, Minnesota and Denver are all surely taking notes.

23. Likes:

Yeah, it’s not his personality, but it would have been cool if JBrown had yelled at Doncic - “you can’t effing guard me” in the same tone as Doncic does to everybody who guards him.

25. Likes:

Chip R (06-13-2024)

Turn Off Ads?