Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2024

Re: College Baseball 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    10am bonus baseball in Omaha! Nice to have something to pay attention to until its time for the Reds game. Lots of offense early 3-1 Florida B1, still only one out and the Kentucky starter is already done.

Ooh, 7-1 now. Not sure it will hold my attention until the Reds game.
    Kentucky left no doubt that they're not ready for prime time. Kingspoint told us a couple years ago that teams need CWS experience and if they don't have that, don't expect much from them regardless of how well they do in the regular season

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kentucky left no doubt that they're not ready for prime time. Kingspoint told us a couple years ago that teams need CWS experience and if they don't have that, don't expect much from them regardless of how well they do in the regular season
    That's kind of what I was afraid of.

It's not to take away from the season they had because the furthest they had gotten beyond this season was the Super Regional which were both quick exits.

They had dodged Texas A&M in the regular season and had to face an All American ace with everything on the line.

It's kind of like Kentucky football. They can beat who they are supposed to be at most of the time but when they are in prime time they falter.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The SEC faced the 2nd best conference in the country in Omaha and beat them up 5-0. Makes ya wonder if more SEC schools should have made the tournament. It's an all SEC final, Texas A&M vs my Vols from Knoxville

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-20-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It was pretty obvious that Oregon State didn't have that extra kick this season needed to go far in the post-season. Once games started counting and the pressure was getting higher, this team didn't have it. Some of that is Mitch Canham, an extremely young coach who just doesn't have the experience yet. He's getting it, though. As Pat Casey's personally hand-picked successor, he is the right player to get them back to the World Series. Can he inspire a team enough to do so. Proof is in the pudding. We'll see.

Probably not a coincidence that the 8 teams were represented by two conferences, where the level of competition is just so much greater than everywhere else. Every Weekend is like a Regional tournament.

No matter who graduates, I expect Kentucky to get back to the World Series again either next season or the year after. They've set themselves up for it mentally.

Even though TEN had a better regular season team two years ago, this team has the experience that one didn't have. They expect to be where they are. The last 3 outs in a College Baseball World Series game are the most-pressure packed moments in baseball anywhere.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Aggies take down the Volunteers in Game One of the CWS. Tennessee will have to come out throwing haymakers today.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Aggies take down the Volunteers in Game One of the CWS. Tennessee will have to come out throwing haymakers today.
    First time a team has won their first nine post-season games since 2014 (or 2013,...forgot which it was).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Vols won today 4- 1 to force a winner take all game tomorrow

https://x.com/Vol_Baseball/status/18...5Es1_&ref_url=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-24-2024),texasdave (06-24-2024)

After a fabulous season, the Vols are in the College World Series finals tonight. I've enjoyed this season and the distraction it's provided from the Reds' poor performance. Win or lose, it's been a great ride. My Big Orange UT flag has been proudly flown all day today. First pitch in just a little under 2 hours.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-24-2024)

This has been a terrific game. Lots of drama. Two more outs for the Vols...

14. Likes:

Sea Ray (06-24-2024)

Congratulations, Sea Ray!

16. Likes:

Sea Ray (06-24-2024)

Name:  IMG_3698.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  242.0 KB

18. Likes:

texasdave (06-25-2024)

It's all about the craziness after the win.

Best team won, congrats

Also, respect to TAMU for not going out quietly.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Best team won, congrats

Also, respect to TAMU for not going out quietly.
    Both teams had chokers tonight. Tennessee was one run better…but they should’ve won by more

I’ve already ordered my sweatshirt and license plate frame. Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by j.u.FAIRFIIELD View Post
    Why was Grambling playing Arkansas?

Went back to the first page of this thread of some reason and noted this comment. Grambling ended up being an NCAA Tournament team. Had to go to College Station and lose to Texas A&M by a reasonably respectable 8-0 count. I also mentioned that Grambling had a potentially ugly date with LSU coming up....LSU nipped Grambling 27-2 in 7 innings. Yikes.

But how would you like to be Alcorn State? They played a doubleheader at Grambling and lost 28-3 and 18-2. Were they able to play that double header in less than 10 hours?

Turn Off Ads?