Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly De La Cruz

Re: Elly De La Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I'm guilty of this, as are most people here, but it's always bad to make up your mind about a player (positive or negative) before that player establishes himself.

There is simply no way to say what kind of career Elly will have. But you can look at what he's done so far this year and see improvement over last year. If you're not seeing that, then you already made up your mind about him.
    Please explain to me the potential negatives of me, as a fan with no role in management or management decision, being overly optimistic about a player before he "establishes himself."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    If I were in charge of nicknames, he would just be called "Tools".
    He is LED. I will die on this hill.

2. Likes:

CesarGeronimo (04-17-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Please explain to me the potential negatives of me, as a fan with no role in management or management decision, being overly optimistic about a player before he "establishes himself."

- - - Updated - - -

I'll see you in hell, Brisco.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

The most exciting Cincinnati player since Eric Davis is still just 22, so double down on patience and strap in for the rollercoaster.
    [/QUOTE]

On April 7, the Reds dropped the final game of a series against the New York Metropolitans, scoring just a single run in the process. It was the club’s first series loss of the season, and shortstop Elly De La Cruz went 0-4 in the game, dropping his season numbers to .242/.324/.394 with no home runs.

Predictably, a certain segment of the Reds fan base was ready to give up on Elly, demanding he be sent back to the minors. There are a few more hot takes from those heady days that have since been deleted.

He’s still young, he still rakes, and this is his first full season in the majors. He’ll struggle at times, sure, but there has never been a Reds player in my lifetime with as much talent and a higher upside than De La Cruz.

[/QUOTE]
    Continue Reading Here
    https://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/a...e-thrill-ride/

6. Likes:

CesarGeronimo (04-17-2024),ochoa30 (04-17-2024),Phoenix2 (04-16-2024),VR (04-19-2024)

I don't get this name. Even when explained. Makes no sense.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-16-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Say the letters out loud.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    It's supposed to be a play on LED light bulbs, since saying "LED" sounds like Elly D, and also because lightbulbs are bright. Or something. I don't like it either, but that's the explanation. Haha

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

LED because he can light up the scoreboard.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say anything about being overly optimistic, so I don't know what you're talking about there. I said it's a bad idea to make up your mind. That's not the same thing.

And it's bad in terms of a discussion forum like this. If you make up your mind one way or another before a player becomes whatever they become, you're not really discussing reality, you're saying things based on whatever determination you made before you had enough evidence to make that determination.

So in other words it doesn't REALLY matter, but you'll annoy the hell out of everyone else trying to have a conversation on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So in other words it doesn't REALLY matter, but you'll annoy the hell out of everyone else trying to have a conversation on the topic.
    Wait, is that in response to me?

Wait, is that in response to me?
    I'm paraphrasing your response. I think it's pretty accurate about the impact of making up one's mind and then continuing to post in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StRedlegs900 View Post
    It's supposed to be a play on LED light bulbs, since saying "LED" sounds like Elly D, and also because lightbulbs are bright. Or something. I don't like it either, but that's the explanation. Haha
    Go back and read the post where i introduced the nickname. As i said LED is gonna Light IT UP!

I'm paraphrasing your response. I think it's pretty accurate about the impact of making up one's mind and then continuing to post in the thread.
    Well, I have bad news for you. Nothing anyone says on any discussion board REALLY matters.

And I guess my two posts in this thread in the past month are annoying the hell out of people.

Well, I have bad news for you. Nothing anyone says on any discussion board REALLY matters.
    Right, that's kind of the point. But we can certainly do things that annoy each other! We can do that VERY well at times as a group.

Right, that's kind of the point. But we can certainly do things that annoy each other! We can do that VERY well at times as a group.
    I honestly don't understand what you and I are disagreeing about, but if my grand total of 3 posts in this thread in the past month are annoying you, you can certainly ignore me.

Turn Off Ads?