Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds TV Options

Reds TV Options

Hello,

I am looking for some clarity on the options to watch Reds games this year. I have tried to follow the Diamond Sports/Ballys bankruptcy news off and on, but honestly, I am too busy to keep up. From what I have gathered, and please correct me if I am wrong, for this season the Reds will be on Ballys Sports as they were last year in some form.

With that said, what are the options to watch? I do not want to deal with Directv due to previous issues in the past as a subscriber with local channels in my area being out due to contract disputes, continued rate hikes, poor customer service, etc. I currently have YouTube TV which does not include Bally Sports. Is there an app to stream just Reds games that I can pay for? Can I do anything with MLB.TV or is it blacked out? Local cable is not an option where I live in rural Southern Ohio near Wheelersburg. I don't mind paying to watch but want the most cost-effective option. Any help is appreciated.

I do feel like the Reds are hurting themselves by not having their games available on a more widespread basis. With the plethora of streaming services out there, it would almost be wise to be flexible and make their games available as many places as possible.

2. Likes:

jrdunnit (02-23-2024)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds TV Options

Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanRed View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for some clarity on the options to watch Reds games this year. I have tried to follow the Diamond Sports/Ballys bankruptcy news off and on, but honestly, I am too busy to keep up. From what I have gathered, and please correct me if I am wrong, for this season the Reds will be on Ballys Sports as they were last year in some form.

With that said, what are the options to watch? I do not want to deal with Directv due to previous issues in the past as a subscriber with local channels in my area being out due to contract disputes, continued rate hikes, poor customer service, etc. I currently have YouTube TV which does not include Bally Sports. Is there an app to stream just Reds games that I can pay for? Can I do anything with MLB.TV or is it blacked out? Local cable is not an option where I live in rural Southern Ohio near Wheelersburg. I don't mind paying to watch but want the most cost-effective option. Any help is appreciated.

I do feel like the Reds are hurting themselves by not having their games available on a more widespread basis. With the plethora of streaming services out there, it would almost be wise to be flexible and make their games available as many places as possible.
    Other than going back to DirecTV or cable, you're not going to be able to watch games. I think Fubo could be an option or using some kind of a VPN. The former runs about 20some bucks a month and I don't know about the quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Other than going back to DirecTV or cable, you're not going to be able to watch games. I think Fubo could be an option or using some kind of a VPN. The former runs about 20some bucks a month and I don't know about the quality.
    Fubo should be an option, but I never paid anywhere close to $20 something a month when I had it for last Reds' season. It ran a little bit more than YTTV per month. The quality was fine, and as far as I know, it's the only legal way to stream the games if you're subject to blackouts and MLB.TV is not an option (short of using it with a VPN, as you mentioned).

Appreciate the information. I will look into Fubo and see what I can find.

dofu app works

Last year, we dumped YTTV in the summer and picked up Fubo to watch Reds games. When the season ended, we dumped Fubo and went back to YTTV for the offseason. Now that this season is getting ready to start, I'll be dumping YTTV in early April and going back to Fubo. The timing will work out just barely. YTTV is much better for March Madness (Turner networks that Fubo doesn't have).

YTTV runs about $78/month out the door for us. Fubo last year was around $92/month out the door. Looks like it's $98/month out the door right now.

In a perfect world. we'd keep YTTV and I'd subscribe to the Reds separately. But things aren't like that ... yet (if ever).

** We have two AMEX credit cards. Right now one of those AMEX cards has a special Fubo offer of spend $75 and get $35 back up to 3 times (total of $105). We'll pay with that specific AMEX card to grab that deal for the first 3 months and take the sting out of the cost.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-23-2024),Chip R (02-23-2024),REDREAD (02-23-2024),RichRed (02-25-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Last year, we dumped YTTV in the summer and picked up Fubo to watch Reds games. When the season ended, we dumped Fubo and went back to YTTV for the offseason. Now that this season is getting ready to start, I'll be dumping YTTV in early April and going back to Fubo. The timing will work out just barely. YTTV is much better for March Madness (Turner networks that Fubo doesn't have).

YTTV runs about $78/month out the door for us. Fubo last year was around $92/month out the door. Looks like it's $98/month out the door right now.

In a perfect world. we'd keep YTTV and I'd subscribe to the Reds separately. But things aren't like that ... yet (if ever).

** We have two AMEX credit cards. Right now one of those AMEX cards has a special Fubo offer of spend $75 and get $35 back up to 3 times (total of $105). We'll pay with that specific AMEX card to grab that deal for the first 3 months and take the sting out of the cost.
    Minus the AmEx part, this sounds exactly like our situation. I much prefer YTTV of the two, but they unfortunately don't get the Reds' games.

I use mlb.tv for everyone else and mlbwebcast.com for the Reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post

I picture you like Billy Beane in the Moneyball scene where he’s got three teams on the line making a frantic deal. Does Aaron Sorkin write your life?

13. Likes:

Cyclone792 (02-24-2024)

I'm surprised there is not local cable there near Wheelersburg. That is what I was going to suggest. Best of luck my fellow Reds fan.

MLB Has Stepped In It Again

America’s erstwhile pastime has gotten good at bad PR.

Baseball’s all-over-the-map, regional television deals suppress casual fan interest.

Everyone is telling you to cut the cord. OK, then. So you get YouTube TV, Hulu or Sling. Bad news, baseball and wannabe baseball fans. You can’t watch the Reds on any of those streaming platforms.

It’s not baseball’s fault that Bally Sports’ bumbling parent company and the streaming services can’t reach a deal.

But fans don’t see it that way. They just know they can’t watch the Reds. As such, it’s another black eye on baseball.

Continue Reading
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...ng/ar-BB1iNESY
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 02-24-2024 at 12:07 AM.

16. Likes:

Chip R (02-26-2024),UKWhoDey (02-25-2024)

I’m in Indianapolis, will fubo tv give me the access to reds games? If not can I subscribe to either MLB or Bally Sports to get the games?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I’m in Indianapolis, will fubo tv give me the access to reds games? If not can I subscribe to either MLB or Bally Sports to get the games?
    I'm pretty sure Indy is in the Reds (MLB.tv) blackout region. So that route is out. And Bally Sports is only available on satellite and cable, and Fubo if one streams.

- - - Updated - - -

CaribbeanRed ... if you reside in the caribbean then MLB.tv should work for you because you are out of the Red's blackout region (I hope lol).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm pretty sure Indy is in the Reds (MLB.tv) blackout region. So that route is out. And Bally Sports is only available on satellite and cable, and Fubo if one streams.

- - - Updated - - -

CaribbeanRed ... if you reside in the caribbean then MLB.tv should work for you because you are out of the Red's blackout region (I hope lol).
    I'm in Bloomington, 50 miles south of Indianapolis, blackout rules apply here to the Reds, Cubs and Cards. So I think that means there is no non-VPN scenario in which I can watch 3/5th of the NL Central via a streaming source.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

How to watch Cincinnati Reds on TV in 2024 with & without cable: Full Streaming Guide

https://blogredmachine.com/posts/how...treaming-guide
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-25-2024)

Turn Off Ads?