Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Reds Injury Updates

Re: 2024 Reds Injury Updates

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The grind gets a lot of guys. It’s not his arm, but his body in general doesn’t seem able to withstand the repetition
    Makes me believe he played a lot of video games growing up.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also 5 starts he'll need to pitch during the playoff run to the World Series Championship. We'll need him then.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I try to not watch Lodoloís starts. Donít want to get attached.

Itís a shame about this latest injury. It will be a shame when he has a setback, and aggravation, injures something else while rehabbing, and eventually returns in May of 2025.

Heís got incredible stuff and he seems like a great dude, but it doesnít seem that heís physically capable of playing professional baseball.

Hope Iím wrong.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Lodolo is the pitching equivalent of Nick Senzel.

Dudeís made of glass and I think heís going to be like this his entire career.
    At least Lodolo is really good when he's out there

5. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (05-15-2024),cumberlandreds (05-15-2024),RedTeamGo! (05-15-2024),Revering4Blue (05-16-2024),TRF (05-15-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There's also 5 starts he'll need to pitch during the playoff run to the World Series Championship. We'll need him then.
    Please explain video game connection with injuries?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Joel Zumaya Guitar Hero'd himself right out the Tigers pen

8. Likes:

westofyou (05-15-2024)

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-l...h-groin-strain

He felt the injury following a side bullpen session before that appearance.

"I pitched with it last weekend. This week, coming out of that outing, it didn’t feel any better," Lodolo said. "The last three days, it didn’t progress how I was hoping. Instead of trying to push through something like that and making it worse, we just felt it was best to let it get out of there and come back. We don’t expect it to be long at all.”
    “I think it was a smart decision by everyone to just be sure," manager David Bell said of putting Lodolo on the IL. "The good news is, maybe a different time or place, maybe it’s something he pitches through. There wasn’t major concern, but I’m 100 percent convinced it was the right decision to miss a couple of starts right now just to be sure and make sure we keep him healthy the whole way.”

Lodolo was scheduled to start Thursday's series opener against the Dodgers at Los Angeles. A replacement starter wasn't named, but swingman Nick Martinez was expected by Bell to get "significant innings" on Thursday if he wasn't needed during Wednesday's series finale at Arizona.
    “This isn’t a long-term thing. It’s, 'This doesn’t feel great.' Instead of hammering it and driving me into the ground with it to make it something, we’ll let it get out now and keep going."

Lodolo is eligible for activation on May 27, which means he will likely miss two starts if there are no setbacks.

“We have guys who are more than capable," Lodolo said. "I will start again in 12 days. It’s not that long.”
    ďThe guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Joel Zumaya Guitar Hero'd himself right out the Tigers pen
    Didn’t Zumaya also get hurt on a dirt bike lol? That guy was a character

11. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (05-15-2024)

Didn’t Zumaya also get hurt on a dirt bike lol? That guy was a character
    I believe so yeah lol, guy is at least in the HOF of Dudes Who Rock

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-16-2024),RedTeamGo! (05-15-2024)

"It's not that long" probably isn't a phrase I'd be using in regards to my groin injury.

15. Likes:

Marc D (05-15-2024),mgbrown66 (05-17-2024)

Sitting on your ass instead of doing chores that build up the overall body and give it the stamina it needs, working muscles that most of today's players in the United States don't even know exist.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Sitting on your ass instead of doing chores that build up the overall body and give it the stamina it needs, working muscles that most of today's players in the United States don't even know exist.
    Lmao ok

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-16-2024),Kinsm (05-15-2024),Rdirtypirates (05-15-2024),redsfan9988 (05-15-2024),Z-Fly (05-16-2024)

This deserves an “ok Boomer” but I won’t do that.

20. Likes:

westofyou (05-15-2024),Z-Fly (05-16-2024)

Exactly just get these guys a snow shovel and get them cleaning the path. Worked for John Vander Wal.
    ďThe guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.Ē

22. Likes:

Slyder (05-15-2024),westofyou (05-15-2024)

- - - Updated - - -

What 5 starts in the playoffs? Thereís going to be a playoff tournament for teams finishing under 500?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like Lodolo's injury history.
    Gary Nolan
    Don Gullett
    Wayne Simpson

At least when they were healthy they could pitch well more than 100 innings. Heís almost a LH Glasnow.

I was avoiding watching or looking for any news on this team for a while and this info showed up on the ticker while watching the NFL schedule show. I just said whatever. Itís like 1989 or 1993 with injuries to a talented team but at this point no hope that they will just stay healthy. Itís a cosmic joke at this point.

25. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-16-2024)

Turn Off Ads?